I wonder if they're homesick yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
with about a month and a bit to go on the tour, they've been gone from home for a long time now. I wonder if they're itching to get back home, tired of jetting around from city to city?
Also, I wonder how much "partying" was done on this tour compared to others (besides Bono drinking a bottle of a 1987 Bougelais at dinner several times during the week).
I also wonder what they do say between 11am and 4pm the day of a gig (you know, before soundcheck and after everyone's slept in)?

yours truly,

bored Jofo.

I wondered the same thing last week after I attended 3 concerts in 4 days. I was so exhausted, both physically and emotionally and came home sick with fever, cough, cold, etc. I was so miserable lying there in bed hardly able to enjoy my week of U2 goodness wondering "how the fuck does Bono do this EVERY week for MONTHS?" Granted, he doesn't have to spend 24 hrs before each show standing around outside in the freezing rain, but still....I dunno, besides my month in Africa, I've never longed for my own bed more than I did after Detroit II!!!

I think they get some nice vacations when they have days off, and that they work hard when going from city to city. As LivLuv said, not having to wait in the freezing rain and stand in line for 16 hours before a show probably means they have a bit more energy than we do after a show. Bono and Edge seem to have lots of other committments besides performing, so I'd imagine they sleep late, go to a few meetings, deal with phone calls, and then soundcheck...but who knows. Their families have been with them at lots of shows this tour--many people have seen Alli and the kids at least.

ruffian said:
Their families have been with them at lots of shows this tour--many people have seen Ali and the kids at least.

Yup! Saw them tonight. :)

(Well, ok, last night now, but it still feels like tonight, lol.)

In the case of Bono's two eldest, does anyone know if they're home tutored? They seem to have been around alot on this tour during term time.

Last edited:
Bono has, on past tours pulled his kids out of school for full semsters when they are in touring mode. I believe they would travel with a tutor - who is faxed school curiculum.

u2fp

in one of the irish papers today there were photos of bono, ali and the 2 young boys on a beach in malibu
i'm sure the two eldest girls stay in ireland at school/college
actually its mid term here in ireland this week so they wouldn't be in school anyway.

eimear25 said:
in one of the irish papers today there were photos of bono, ali and the 2 young boys on a beach in malibu
actually its mid term here in ireland this week so they wouldn't be in school anyway.

:cute: can you post the pic?

eimear25 said:

do you know which paper this photo was in?

sami0201 said:

that's cool!

where do you see them? In the VIP section? I saw Lenny Kravitz in there in NYC :lol: :cool: but I didn't see Ali or the kids :)

I saw Jordan and Eve make a quick stop in the VIP section at NYC 10/7. They were acting silly. :) Saw Larry's missus Ann and their three young ones (all extremely blonde :wink: ) walking on the side of the floor from backstage before the show started on 10/8! Also saw Bono's kids in San Jose for those shows, when Bono came out to sign, the SUV with the family drove out and John was sticking his head out the window yelling Daddy, Daddy and Bono had to stop for a minute and go over and talk to him for a minute. :cute:

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I was so exhausted, both physically and emotionally and came home sick with fever, cough, cold, etc. I was so miserable lying there in bed hardly able to enjoy my week of U2 goodness wondering "how the fuck does Bono do this EVERY week for MONTHS?"

I've been questioning that for years!

one4u2 said:

I've been questioning that for years!

I suppose it helps to have $$$ for spending weeks on the beach and being able to afford a good chiropractor and other spa-like treatment if needs be.

Meanwhile, I still feel like shit, don't think I could do a U2 show right now if someone handed me a free ticket and ellipse wristband.....damn you Bono and your vitality! :wink:

Pop Artist said:

I saw Jordan and Eve make a quick stop in the VIP section at NYC 10/7. They were acting silly. :) Saw Larry's missus Ann and their three young ones (all extremely blonde :wink: ) walking on the side of the floor from backstage before the show started on 10/8! Also saw Bono's kids in San Jose for those shows, when Bono came out to sign, the SUV with the family drove out and John was sticking his head out the window yelling Daddy, Daddy and Bono had to stop for a minute and go over and talk to him for a minute. :cute:

aww :cute:

was Larry's youngest a boy or a girl? :ohmy:

JOFO said:
with about a month and a bit to go on the tour, they've been gone from home for a long time now. I wonder if they're itching to get back home, tired of jetting around from city to city?
Also, I wonder how much "partying" was done on this tour compared to others (besides Bono drinking a bottle of a 1987 Bougelais at dinner several times during the week).
I also wonder what they do say between 11am and 4pm the day of a gig (you know, before soundcheck and after everyone's slept in)?

yours truly,

bored Jofo.

You'd be surprised what netting $175-$200K a night does to the psyche of a U2 member.

Bono has been drinking way too much on this leg of the tour, that is definitely true and more than completely obvious. He was completely trashed through the first 1/3rd of the Pittsburgh show (I have eight other Vertigo tour shows to compare his behavior to). The band played a shortened setlist last night because they all had hangovers from the night before.

This tour is one big party for them... of course, why shouldn't it be? It's a party for us too.

Re: Re: I wonder if they're homesick yet?

lukea said:

Bono has been drinking way too much on this leg of the tour, that is definitely true and more than completely obvious. He was completely trashed through the first 1/3rd of the Pittsburgh show (I have eight other Vertigo tour shows to compare his behavior to). The band played a shortened setlist last night because they all had hangovers from the night before.

Hmm...I was standing as close to Bono as you can be at the Pittsburgh show and didn't notice he was acting any different than usual. If anything, I thought he performed really well considering he was sick.

I suppose it helps to have $$$ for spending weeks on the beach and being able to afford a good chiropractor and other spa-like treatment if needs be.

Meanwhile, I still feel like shit, don't think I could do a U2 show right now if someone handed me a free ticket and ellipse wristband.....damn you Bono and your vitality! :wink:

True, but $$ or not the man is a machine..I was exhausted just attending the shows and I'm alot younger then he his! It really blows my mind how they do it night after night and in different timezones :crazy:

lukea said:

This tour is one big party for them... of course, why shouldn't it be? It's a party for us too.

If he was drunk in Pittsburgh---well, I'll be the first one to buy him another round come Cleveland :drunk:

sami0201 said:

that's cool!

where do you see them? In the VIP section? I saw Lenny Kravitz in there in NYC :lol: :cool: but I didn't see Ali or the kids :)

Sorry it took me so long to reply! I slept all day -- 2 U2 shows back to back just knowck me out now... Must be getting old, lol.

Anyhoo, they were rocking out in the ellipse.

Saw Morleigh in the ellipse at LA2, as well. She is sooo pretty! :)

... don't think I could do a U2 show right now if someone handed me a free ticket and ellipse wristband.....damn you Bono and your vitality! :wink:

I totally know that feeling!! :yawn:

lukea said:

You'd be surprised what netting $175-$200K a night does to the psyche of a U2 member.

The band played a shortened setlist last night because they all had hangovers from the night before.

Yeah... except Adam... ohh I get all dreamy!

I was wondering about the same thing the last few days, especially since the media is sort of hinting at more shows in '06.

The thing that gets me is they cross a wack of timezones.. and if I did that I'd be completely confuzzled... but they come out rocking harder than ever!

I guess it must be part of the rock star magic :wink:

Re: Re: Re: I wonder if they're homesick yet?

Lemonfix said:

If he was drunk in Pittsburgh---well, I'll be the first one to buy him another round come Cleveland :drunk:

I'll be right behind you - he was on FIRE in Pittsburgh!!!:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom