I witnessed Crumbs for the first time... and you all didn't!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I'll join in on this pissing contest: I heard WGRYWH for the first time in 12.5 years. So THERE. :madspit: :wink:

Axver said:
OK, I'll join in on this pissing contest: I heard WGRYWH for the first time in 12.5 years. So THERE. :madspit: :wink:

Big deal.

Too bad U2 hasn't played in Australia for about 12.5 years.

:wave:

Just kidding, Axver, you know I got your back, bro!

Must suck to live so far away from all these shows.

I try to imagine myself as a huge Aussie Rules fan stuck here in California, planning my holidays around trips to Oz to watch some matches live.

At least you made the effort to come all the way over here to catch some shows, God bless you, respek.

By the way, that Sydney DVD is the best, I separated the audio track from it and play it in my car constantly, you guys were fucking LOUD!

I pray for U2 Oz 2006, just for you.

Last edited:
I heard Original of the Species w/ string for the last time!

Dublin 1 was the first concert to start their 24-songs-standard period, and Copenhagen was the last. They topped in Milano with 25 :wink:

I heard Miss Sarajevo the first time :) at Amsterdam 3.

I think anyone of us has got a similar U2 moment, so why this showing off??

Why do people have to try to burst other people's bubble and spoil their good time? Every concert has something special.

Anyway...

It was awesome to hear Crumbs. I admit it is not my favorite U2 song, but it was a nice surprise and they did a great job. It really seemed like the boys were having a good time. Maybe next time they will remember how awesome the fans who come to shows in the Twin Cities are and play more than one show. They could easily sell out 2 shows. Or maybe one show in Minneapolis and another at the X in St. Paul. (Two shows in St. Paul would be better yet since its a MUCH better venu.)

I saw it too...it was just so unexpected!! I yelled out "THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THEY'VE PLAYED THIS!!" It was just an amazing show in general, my first one ever, I got to see Crumbs for the first time, see the band right at the tip of the ellipse, and Adam signed my shirt!!:heart:

onebloodonelife said:
I saw it too...it was just so unexpected!! I yelled out "THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THEY'VE PLAYED THIS!!" It was just an amazing show in general, my first one ever, I got to see Crumbs for the first time, see the band right at the tip of the ellipse, and Adam signed my shirt!!:heart:

Many fans including myself, yelled that out... I said "OH MY GOD, CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE!" :ohmy:

*sofia* said:
HOLD ON!
Did I misunderstand or have they played Like a Song this tour??

No, you misunderstood. The person who posted that must've been at the only show Like A Song has ever been played, 26 February 1983, Dundee.

Crumbs was amazing...the Target Center was rocking on Friday....we were so lucky! I'd like to think it was a bit of reward for how great the crowd was and how much fun the guys seemed to be having.

My brother and I were right behind the stage and asked the guys for Discoteque. Right before Crumbs, Adam gave this sort of wicked smile back at us, so we thought here we go. What a great surprise that it was Crumbs. I'm not even bummed we didn't see Discoteque!

Another Day said:
Just kidding, Axver, you know I got your back, bro!

Yep, I got the joke. No worries there. :)

Though you did make a mistake - as of 2006 (seeing 2005's fully booked), U2 won't have been to Australia for eight years or New Zealand for thirteen. </pedantical> :wink:

I try to imagine myself as a huge Aussie Rules fan stuck here in California, planning my holidays around trips to Oz to watch some matches live.

I'm already a New Zealander in Australia who has to follow the NZ domestic rugby competition online. :sigh:

At least you made the effort to come all the way over here to catch some shows, God bless you, respek.

By the way, that Sydney DVD is the best, I separated the audio track from it and play it in my car constantly, you guys were fucking LOUD!

I pray for U2 Oz 2006, just for you.

I knew you were a good bloke. Thanks. :up: I have been seriously considering flying over to the US to catch more third leg shows, but I just don't have the money to do it. And if I did, I'd have nothing left if they came here, and the rumours have taken a positive twist lately. I hate how expensive flying trans-Pacific is. But it was so worth it for the Boston shows. :drool:

God Part III said:
I heard Original of the Species w/ string for the last time!

Dublin 1 was the first concert to start their 24-songs-standard period, and Copenhagen was the last. They topped in Milano with 25 :wink:
Wasn't there 26 or 27 at Croke III?

Lemon Meringue said:
Why do people have to try to burst other people's bubble and spoil their good time? Every concert has something special.

Anyway...

It was awesome to hear Crumbs. I admit it is not my favorite U2 song, but it was a nice surprise and they did a great job. It really seemed like the boys were having a good time. Maybe next time they will remember how awesome the fans who come to shows in the Twin Cities are and play more than one show. They could easily sell out 2 shows. Or maybe one show in Minneapolis and another at the X in St. Paul. (Two shows in St. Paul would be better yet since its a MUCH better venu.)

I said the same thing on a different thread. The last time they did 2 shows here was the JT tour at the old Civic Center in St. Paul- where the XCel is now.

theu2fly said:

And Crumbs... wow... I wonder why we got Crumbs... all those other shows didn't!

Because my friend and I talked to Bono a couple of times this week about playing it. Either he got sick of us asking for it, or the song was finally ready to be played.

eep said:

Because my friend and I talked to Bono a couple of times this week about playing it. Either he got sick of us asking for it, or the song was finally ready to be played.
Damn you for not getting them to play it in Chicago!:wink: Of course Bono had no clue what day of the week it was in Chicago, so maybe he thought they were saving Crumbs for Chicago 3??

And they psyched us out in Milwaukee last night. Not only did they soundcheck Crumbs, it was on the setlist U2.com posted...I wondered if they planned to play it and the venue cut them off or something? Because both nights in Chicago they played way past 11:00 and last night they were off the stage by 11:01...

atikicat said:

Damn you for not getting them to play it in Chicago!:wink: Of course Bono had no clue what day of the week it was in Chicago, so maybe he thought they were saving Crumbs for Chicago 3??

the first night in chicago, we had our sign hanging on the rail, bono saw it and mouthed "maybe" to us at the end of streets. the second night, during lapoe (right before the bridge), he looked at us with our sign and sang the line "crumbs from your table, just to keep you pleased"...believe me, we were trying for chicago! we talked to bono before the minneapolis show, and asked the edge...i think they just got sick of us :sexywink:

but it was sooooooo good live. i've never jumped so high or sang so loud in my life!

Chizip said:

:lol:

i forgot about that part, what a doofus

come on - it was a good part simply because he called Edge "the Edge" enough times to make me happy during that little exchange

plus Edge was skipping - love a man that skip and nail a guitar solo at the same time:drool:

Stories for Boys said:

the first night in chicago, we had our sign hanging on the rail, bono saw it and mouthed "maybe" to us at the end of streets. the second night, during lapoe (right before the bridge), he looked at us with our sign and sang the line "crumbs from your table, just to keep you pleased"...believe me, we were trying for chicago! we talked to bono before the minneapolis show, and asked the edge...i think they just got sick of us :sexywink:

but it was sooooooo good live. i've never jumped so high or sang so loud in my life!
I saw you guys waiting for Bono before Chicago 2. Too bad they got there so late, or maybe you could've talked them into it. Still a great show though. I'm glad I heard Fast Cars (not as glad as a certain someone of course :D), The First Time, Walk On, Discotheque, etc. in Chicago. Unfortunately I think I'm not seeing any more shows...so no Crumbs for me. :sad:

Yeah, I think Bono was a little :drunk: on Wednesday night...no I mean Tuesday...or was that Saturday?? Made for an interesting/humorous show though. And props to Bono for getting the lyrics to Walk On and finishing the song properly, rather than ending it early or making some lame lyric up about how forget the lyrics...like usually does during a brainfart.:up:

Not sure what the deal was with Milwaukee. Is there an 11pm curfew there, or did they just get Toronto Twoed (i.e.- same show as the previous night only shorter/fewer songs and ending with 40)? I seriously thought about running down there on the hopes of experiencing Crumbs live...guess I don't feel so bad about not being able to now.

Last edited:
atikicat said:

I saw you guys waiting for Bono before Chicago 2. Too bad they got there so late, or maybe you could've talked them into it.

well, we talked to him before chicago 1, but it wasn't meant to be.

Back
Top Bottom