I think the "Milan" DVD will be the "Slane" dvd of this tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Chances are that we'll never see a Dublin 3 DVD... so I'm gonna assume that the Milan DVD will be much better than the Chicago DVD.

But, is there a chance that Dublin 3 will be on DVD?

Guyz stop dreaming. Dublin 3 will never turn up on a DVD by itself. It might oneday turn up as archive footage, or maybe on the best of. But it will not, repeat not, as said many times, be Vertigo 'Outside Broadcast' Dvd. That is Milan

Dublin 3 was not filmed, I was there both nights, Dublin2 was, Dublin 3 wasn't, it will never be released though

Yes, I believe it was Dublin 2 that was filmed - not Dublin 3. I was at both shows and only saw cameras at the former.

Anyway, I do not believe that will be released for the simple reason that it was taped with very few cameras (confirmed by Willy Williams, who said that they only recorded it for archive purposes and hadn't enough angles to make it an official release).

How great would it be if it some how surfaced on the internet though?? Then we would have a pro-shot Milan AND Dublin.

Portions of Dublin 2 and 3 were filmed, right?

Milan 2 :drool:

Such a great performance. Promise you it'll knock your socks off :D

They should have filmed Toronto 2, 3 & 4 (and included still haven't found, bad, fast cars, out of control, discotheque) :drool: :drool:

There was a lady filming on stage, and at least 2 others on the ramps during the 2nd encore. I don't know what it was for. Also, Bono said something about being "on video" early in the show (Toronto 4).

God Part III said:
Portions of Dublin 2 and 3 were filmed, right?

Milan 2 :drool:

Such a great performance. Promise you it'll knock your socks off :D

Agree! Milan was sooooooo great!
I am still there!!!

And yes, Toronto could be great... it is possible according to yuo that we'll see some footages?
I wish I have a DVD with Fast Cars & discothéque!

not having been to the Dublin or Milan shows, what contributed to making them so great and more dvd worthy? I am not trying to be smart...genuinely curious...

snowbunny00774 said:
not having been to the Dublin or Milan shows, what contributed to making them so great and more dvd worthy? I am not trying to be smart...genuinely curious...

The crowd, the performance.
Dublin 3 is said to be the very best gig of the tour.
Milan 2 was just utterly spectacular... the best gig I saw (saw 4) and the loudest crowd ever. Many of us sang along to Egde's guitar solos, and the entire stadium sang along to his piano part in New Year's Day. After With Or Without You, the "oh-oh oh-ooooh" was repeated forever.
And it had Original Of The Species full band.
Overall just amazing. From what I heard from people who had been to 10 or more concerts, this was one of the best gigs of the tour.

http://u2tours.com/detail.src?ID=20050627

It's party time for the 3rd and final Dublin gig. Gloria, An Cat Dubh - Into the Heart, Original of the Species, Bad, and 40 all make their European Tour debuts. Miracle Drug is played for Christopher Nolan, who is at the show. Bono tells Nolan's story, which inspired the song. Bono sings a bit of 'Black Hills of Dakota' at the end of Sometimes You Can't Make It.... Tonight's show, like Saturday's, is filmed.

theu2fly said:
http://u2tours.com/detail.src?ID=20050627

It's party time for the 3rd and final Dublin gig. Gloria, An Cat Dubh - Into the Heart, Original of the Species, Bad, and 40 all make their European Tour debuts. Miracle Drug is played for Christopher Nolan, who is at the show. Bono tells Nolan's story, which inspired the song. Bono sings a bit of 'Black Hills of Dakota' at the end of Sometimes You Can't Make It.... Tonight's show, like Saturday's, is filmed.

U2tours made a mistake, I was at both shows and their were loadsof cameras at 2 and none (I could see) at 3. (IMHO, Dublin 2 was better anyway)

We wont be able to get it released on dvd. Willie has already made that clear but we can get it broadcast on tv. So I say we email info@rte.ie to see if they can broadcast it. Anyone want to do it...

Back
Top Bottom