I talked to fanfire - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2005, 07:30 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 12:39 AM
17-1,800 GA total would make sense, since it seems about 10% of the tickets went onsale, and as we understood it was about 10% for each category.

This is already ridiculously low if there is in fact 100k U2.com paying suscribers, even if not all of them are in North America. But even then, where are those 1,800 fans with GA tickets right now? I understand not everybody is active on fan forums and all, but the few people around here who seem to have been able to get GA tix suggest that not even that amount went to the fans.

I wonder is those 100k people really are all fans... That's a LOT of people.

Also, that 90% of the tickets will go on sale this weekend is bullshit. Only a portion of total tickets go for the general sales. My guess is that less than 700 GA tickets per show will in fact be available for the public on Saturday.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:41 PM   #17
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000

p.s.- And I thought I was stupid when I bought two versions of the album. The special "book" to get Fast Cars for $35 and the regular release for $16 to actually get the lyrics which they mysteriously forgot to include with the book.

I totally forgot how ripped off I felt after buying the "special edition" album. Well they sure have been assholes lately. Time to find a new favorite band.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 06:39 PM
I haven't even gotten the frigging keychain yet.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:15 PM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Something I've been thinking is this:

We still have a chance to get GA tickets this Saturday. If you can get your money back from u2.com that would be a great thing. I'm done e-mailing U2.com over and over again for my Propaganda Discount. It's freakin ridiculous. Also if you have an AMEX Gold Card, you have a chance to get tickets to the shows through them. Supposively they have an angle with ticketmaster for members of their card. So what does this mean. Brokers, E-bay, AMEX and who knows who else is in this for the money and so is U2.com. Sebastian Clayton said it clearly: If we want more than the basic video, pics and news from the site we are going to have to pay for it. So with that said start planning other ways to see them. Buy the nose bleed seats and listen to some good rock and roll. Stay after the concert and visit with the boys. The last tour, I went to 4 shows of which once I was in GA and the rest I roamed the arena. But each time I stayed after the concert waiting for 2 hours until the band came out and they chatted with a few of us. And I mean a few of us. It sucks what these corporations have ripped us but make sure to see the band live. It may be the last time we see them in concert.