I know why good tickets are popping up on T.M. now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDFan

The Fly
This is how ticketmaster does it.

Presale started at 10 am. They don't release all the tickets they have right away. They release some at 10 and then throughout the day, they'll release more.

This is the same with the regular sale.

All the tickets are not released at once.

U2.com never promised you "good tickets", only presale tickets. 90,000 members and they all think they deserve GA. Feck.

Not for the anaheim show.

All nosebleeds.

$49 for the top section all the way back. The farthest you can be from the stage.
$95 for the top section, right rear side.
$165 for the top section, left rear side.

Prime choices there. :lol:

MrBrau1 said:
U2.com never promised you "good tickets", only presale tickets. 90,000 members and they all think they deserve GA. Feck.

No, I expect fan friendly selections of tickets for my $40 dollar fan club membership, not nosebleeds at exhorbitant prices!

MDFan said:
This is how ticketmaster does it.

Presale started at 10 am. They don't release all the tickets they have right away. They release some at 10 and then throughout the day, they'll release more.

This is the same with the regular sale.

All the tickets are not released at once.

What show did you see new tickets released on?

MrBrau1 said:

Well if that 90,000 figure is correct, lets do some math. If U2 eventually end up playing 80 shows in the USA in Arena's with their being 1,800 General Admission tickets per show, the total comes out to 144,000 General admission tickets more than 50% higher than the number of fans.

But only certain shows went on sale today in the USA, 13 to be exact. That means there should have been 23,400 General Admission tickets available. So if the 90,000 number was only fans in North America, 1 out of every four people should have received GA tickets. But that did not happen at all. I've only found four people on here so far that got GA's for Philly.

What is it, like 16 US shows? With approx. 1,700 GA seats for each show? That's 27,200 GA seats. According to a post I read about TM rules regarding artist presales, U2 can only make 10% available, that knocks it down to 2,720 GA seats. Some of which Paul M said were going to radio give aways, say 10%. That leaves 2,448 seats for the presale, or 153 per show.

You're not unlucky, you got ripped off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said I'm going for GA seats? I'm just expecting the $165 dollar seats to be lower lever like the ones that I almost got this morning before the TM system took a crap.

Re: Re: I know why good tickets are popping up on T.M. now

youtwohearts said:

What show did you see new tickets released on?

About 20 minutes ago I got a ticket in section 102 for San Jose, CA show. From what other posters said, I thought I'd be getting a 2nd level behind the stage ticket. My code had been invalid all day but must have FINALLY been reset after 7 hours of calling and emailing TM.

The reason to be in the fan club is to get the floor seats. Last time i got 2 floor seats to 3 different show by being in the fan club. I was not lucky or unusual. THAT IS WHAT THE FAN CLUB IS SUPPOSED TO DO. It looks like the U2.coN versios of the fan club is now set up to sell shit seats and save the good ones for whom??

How does adding more good seats at this point rectify selling BS seats to others earlier in the day? MDFAN, they do not release good tickets periodically in the general sale, they are all gone in 10 or 15 minutes, i.e. sold out

MrBrau1 said:

With all due respect, they promised an advantage over the general public. By only making a limited number of tickets available for each venue, they did not create an advantage.

All tickets should have been available.

Theoretically, I should not be able to get better seats for any show on Saturday. We will see if this is true.

MrBrau1 said:

What is it, like 16 US shows? With approx. 1,700 GA seats for each show? That's 27,200 GA seats. According to a post I read about TM rules regarding artist presales, U2 can only make 10% available, that knocks it down to 2,720 GA seats. Some of which Paul M said were going to radio give aways, say 10%. That leaves 2,448 seats for the presale, or 153 per show.

You're not unlucky, you got ripped off.

No, the TM rule is that U2 can only make 10% of the tickets be sold with a reduced ticketmaster service charge.

I realised when I signed up for U2.com that I was taking a gamble in trying for GAs, unlike in 2001 with Propaganda. I thought I stood a fighting chance, with a fast computer connection. If I was not quick enough to get GAs, while being pissed off, I at least gave it a shot.

What happened here on the west coast is unforgivable when you pay $20-40. Logging in immediately when the Ticketmaster link changed from More Info to Find Tickets, I did not expect to spend the next 40 minutes only receiving internal error messages, due to nothing I was doing wrong.

Okay. It is nearly 3am here, and I am going to bugger off to bed ina few minutes, before I start shrieking "LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE" at the lot of you.

It's been a long stressful day for us all... let's not bother with the petty bullshit arguing.
Night x

nbcrusader said:

With all due respect, they promised an advantage over the general public. By only making a limited number of tickets available for each venue, they did not create an advantage.

All tickets should have been available.

Theoretically, I should not be able to get better seats for any show on Saturday. We will see if this is true.

Aren't availability and quality 2 different things?

But this is actually true. I have just bought a single nice ticket to Boston 1st.night - i.e, around 9PM. It's a Zone 7, row A ticket.

Really, not bad at all. If you choose two tickets, you won't be able to find it in Zone in Boston, but a single one will make you through. And there's frontal tickets still available on New Jersey on the 2nd tier, for instance. Give it a try, people.

PatrickM said:
But this is actually true. I have just bought a single nice ticket to Boston 1st.night - i.e, around 9PM. It's a Zone 7, row A ticket.

Really, not bad at all. If you choose two tickets, you won't be able to find it in Zone in Boston, but a single one will make you through. And there's frontal tickets still available on New Jersey on the 2nd tier, for instance. Give it a try, people.

And what's more interesting is you can still buy another single at seems at another show.

I only bought 1 ticket for two shows with two different codes. I'm still able to access 1 ticket for another show with both codes. If I put in 2 tickets it immediately tells me I've exceed my allocation.

Having worked at TM in the past... in a nutshell this is how things worked (at least back when I was there):

A certain amount of tickets are alotted to TM the rest are held for Management, Band, Label, Crew, PR, Radio.
Any tickets that are not sold due to credit cards not going through or returns or leftover giveaways are then released to TM. Some are put up for sale right away and some are held. The one's being held are for further PR purposes.
Week of show if no-one claimes the last tickets or if any are returned due to bad credit cards THEN the Tuesday before the scheduled show (usually around noon) those last tickets are put up for sale.
Occassionally, if you are lucky the actual day of show any absolute last minute tickets are sold at box-office. (and sometimes these are the best seats ever.)

salomeU2000 said:
Having worked at TM in the past... in a nutshell this is how things worked (at least back when I was there):

A certain amount of tickets are alotted to TM the rest are held for Management, Band, Label, Crew, PR, Radio.
Any tickets that are not sold due to credit cards not going through or returns or leftover giveaways are then released to TM. Some are put up for sale right away and some are held. The one's being held are for further PR purposes.
Week of show if no-one claimes the last tickets or if any are returned due to bad credit cards THEN the Tuesday before the scheduled show (usually around noon) those last tickets are put up for sale.
Occassionally, if you are lucky the actual day of show any absolute last minute tickets are sold at box-office. (and sometimes these are the best seats ever.)

salomeU2000... your avatar looks HOT.

Interesting info... risky info, but interesting stuff.

salomeU2000 said:

Over the past 20 years, I've purchased tickets for most concerts I've been to at about 3:00pm on the day of the show....they are always the best seats!!!! This includes the last U2 tour....even GA's were available. :yes:

salomeU2000 said:

I got my 10/27/01 MSG tickets the day of. You had to get there early but it got me in.

10% of the tickets at disocunt service charge a ticketmaster "rule".

Please - U2 is the most powerful band in the world. If they wanted more, they could get it.

U2 fucked everyone over.

PLUS - With the gap in between dates, it is pretty obviouse that more shows will go on sale. When San Diego sells out in 20 minutes, a second show will go on sale. Guess what - not a single fucking fan club member gets a premium shot at those tickets.

Back
Top Bottom