I Just don't understand the complaints...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vertigo_mofo

Babyface
I Just don't understand... I mean U2 is the best band around these days... There is no band in this world that has the power and grace of these 4 most talented Irishmen... Every song in the U2 catalogue is a gem... I don't understand why the complaints pour in... U2 4ever!!!

I mean seriously... as long as they don't play lemon... I'll love every song....

Can't wait to see them in Chicago, Dublin, Detroit, and all 4 nights in Toronto!!!!:wink:

i guess some of us just aren't a superfan like you.

i like the dig on lemon though. it was pretty "out there" wasn't it? the song i mean. yeah...i know. what were they thinking?

same goes for 'the wanderer'. i mean, johnny cash?? isn't he like, dead or something?

otherwise i TOTALLY agree with you.

u2fan2005!!!!!!!

Seeing as you don't like Lemon, I'm pretty sure you would bitch about it if it gets into the setlist, just liked BonoVox said; human nature.

Dont listen to Zoomerang hes mad cause they arent playing songs off Zooropa and POP....well I have got news for you they arent playing songs off Rattle and Hum either. What does it matter you dont have tickets anyway?

Go throw your hissy fit someplace else. I personally like Zooropa and POP but U2 have a catalogue of songs that they need to play and they chose to cover songs off Boy and October instead.

Simple math shows that the 90s outside of Achtung Baby is the unknown U2 decade in comparison to the other 2 decades simple as that.

Zooropa and POP combined to sell 15 million copies, Achtung Baby 18 million on its own, its simple math to suggest they are going to skip the latter 2 albums to play songs that people might have actually got an interest in hearing and im not talking about the people on Interference.com either.

Overall I think this setlist pleases both the die hard fans as well as the person that owns 1 or 2 albums. POP and Zooropa will get there time on the setlist but if you are expecting even 5 songs off those 2 albums combined I think it would be a mistake.

Yeah, I got a kick out of this post. It's like 'How dare people complain about the set lists? All of U2's music is good', and then you go and slag Lemon. You're doing exactly what you said you hate. But anyway, Lemon is awesome. It's in my top 6 U2 songs all-time. I've seen alot of praise for Lemon at this site, and I'm sure many people would be ecstactic for them to play it live again.

And Zoomerang, give me a break. Johnny Cash was an amazing artist and human being. The Wanderer is a cool song. I thought it was great that Bono handed the mic over to him b/c of the effect his voice would have on the closer of an already 'out there' album. It's the icing on the cake if you ask me.

Zoomerang96 said:

same goes for 'the wanderer'. i mean, johnny cash?? isn't he like, dead or something?

otherwise i TOTALLY agree with you.

u2fan2005!!!!!!!

Pretty sure it was sarcasm...

By the way POP and Zooropa equate to about a total of 11 percent of U2s total sales, so it is no wonder that they arent playing these songs yet.

the way i see it:

it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks because the way i feel is the only thing that matters.

sorry

I absolutely love every u2 album and song... from Boy to HTDAAB. I love zooropa and pop ... i only said the thing about lemon b/c its my least fav.... i would still enjoy it though... sorry again... :banghead:
sorry for the confussion

vertigo_mofo said:
I mean seriously... as long as they don't play lemon... I'll love every song....

There is a thread out there where you can bitch......jokingly of course......

I love Lemon.....it's Babyface that I can't stand.

Back
Top Bottom