I have a feeling that Kayne West is going to be booed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JMScoopy said:

Since i dont think rap is really music (more like shit), rappers aren't musicians, so i would boo him. :madspit:

i don't think that rap shit mixes to well with U2. they are at opposite ends, rap being the worst ever, and U2 being the best ever.

:censored:

So the fact that U2 really likes hip-hop music must make your head explode....Does...Not....Compute....

To put it kindly, you make me ashamed to be a U2 fan.

JMScoopy said:

Since i dont think rap is really music (more like shit), rappers aren't musicians, so i would boo him. :madspit:

i don't think that rap shit mixes to well with U2. they are at opposite ends, rap being the worst ever, and U2 being the best ever.

Where's the middle finger smiley?

martha said:

You've just proven your ignorance to us all.

Go try to buy a beer with a fake ID and get thrown out instead, please.

:lmao: :up:

I guess those who are opposed to Kanye West would rather sit through Institute! :happy:

u2wedge said:
I think Edge should sing the Jamie Foxx part during 'Golddigger'.

That would be interesting u2wedge:giggle:
I would love to hear and see that.
I will be in STL but we have some kinda crappy seats, but I cannot wait to go to Omaha the next day casue I have GA.

To the guy that is going to boo Kayne. I hope you do not have GA if so be prepared to get tossed out on your rude:censored:

I don't like Kanye as a person, but I respect his music and the fact his rap is different from the other rap out there.

plus Jamie Foxx's part is Gold Digger makes me want to do the falsetto

SHE TAKEESSSS MY MONNAYYY
WHEN I'M IN NEEEEEEED

PDT104 said:
I think this will be awesome, odd couple of the year touring. 2 of the top act in music rock and rap, together? Yeah why not.

This is something you will always talk about and people will be like no way. I saw U2 live once and Kayne West opened up, the response. What, no way that is odd. That is what all of my friends say.

I can't wait to see them in Omaha, anyone going I'll see you there. Kayne's new album Late Registeration best rap album of the year hands down. What a show, I can't wait!!!

Does anyone think Jaime Foxx or the dude from Maroon 5 will be on stage with them? Foxx has a new album coming out...The new single for Kayne West, with the maroon 5 guy is out. Just before Christmas.

I agree with you PD a very cool. BTW...

I will be there in Omaha !!!:wave: You got GA? We can be line buddies, how bout it?:wink:

U2Man said:

ti2688.jpg

I wish I would take one of his road cases home as a souvenir for freakin hitting me on the head October 30 and giving me a scar around my widow's peak.:mad:

I'm not a huge rap fan - especially mainstream stuff - but I respect Kanye tremendously for speaking his mind. He is more in the spirit of U2 than most artists in that he refuses to tow the line and take the easy route. As a million-seller, he knows what he has to lose by criticizing Bush or raising difficult political/social issues in 2005. To immediately dismiss a musician for political reasons seems strange and a bit fearful. Christ, if we lived in the 60's, we'd all be burning our Beatles, Hendrix, and Dylan records and grooving to the freakin' Monkees.

JMScoopy said:

People, for future reference:

Just ignore anything i post between 3-5 am on saturday night / sunday morning.

:drunk:

didn't mean to "offend" anyone.

however, i still loathe that rap "music"

Last edited:
Well I'm not going to boo him at Sydney. But i won't be paying him any attention, except for maybe that Foxx guy. He was funny in Booty Call.

I really felt that Damien Marley was going to suck in Oakland, but I was surprised. I had a lot of fun with his set, I thought it was good music, and it was really above my expectations. I wonder who I will get to see (hopefully, fingers crossed, send a few prayers tomorrow so that I can get tickets please) opening for them on February 15 in Mexico City, hope they surprise us!

Cask said:
I really felt that Damien Marley was going to suck in Oakland, but I was surprised. I had a lot of fun with his set, I thought it was good music, and it was really above my expectations. I wonder who I will get to see (hopefully, fingers crossed, send a few prayers tomorrow so that I can get tickets please) opening for them on February 15 in Mexico City, hope they surprise us!

I know alot of people that felt the same way.

I love reggae music, especially Bob Marley, so it was a no-brainer for me...he ventured a little further into dancehall style than Im currently into, but when Stephen and Kymani came out and they did their dad's music, I was in heaven.

I tell you one thing, the crowd noise, dancing and cheering for Damian surpassed anything I've seen on Leg 3 for any other act. I think alot of people were pleasantly surprised....it's all about the energy!

:up:

Who would boo Kanye?
Are U2 going to be playing to the Klan?
I think a good percentage of the U2 fans are respectful of the opening act and booing isn't really aviable option...well...most of them are respectful any way...

I'll never understand how closed-minded fucks can like U2. Why are so many conservatives into U2? U2 is as leftwing as it gets. Aren't they listening to the lyrics? Oh wait, they must be bandwaggoners.

BTW, what did Kanye play?

Kanye West was fucking amazing. Best support act I've seen on this tour by far. It was the first time I was ever sad when the opening act's set was over.

Bono came out and gave a great tribute to him introducing him. Kanye said when he performs live he very rarely gets nervous, but for the first time in a year and a half he was nervous opening for U2. But he seemed to be surprised at how well he was received. He said "Wow, this isn't so bad" and genuinely seemed to be having a great time, high fiving people in the first row and dancing around the ellipse.

So definitely 2 big :up: :up: for Kanye. And this is coming from someone who wasn't really a big Kanye fan going into the show.

*grabs paper bag*

Happy Chippy? What is this? Who are you? What have you done with our Chip? :scream:

Miroslava said:
*grabs paper bag*

Happy Chippy? What is this? Who are you? What have you done with our Chip? :scream:

dont worry, ill be making comments about the setlist shortly :wink:

Back
Top Bottom