I have a feeling that Kayne West is going to be booed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I was seeing Kayne West instead of Damian Marley. I'm sure Kayne would put on a great performance. He was amazing at Live 8.

I was so excited, and surprised when I head Kanye was opening at some shows. I am just bummed that he isn't opening in Miami!
I really like him as rapper he is great! I wish he would have been the opening act here!

Ok kids.

I went and saw Kanye last night.

Holy shit. I still haven't processed it entirely. He was amazing! He performed for two hours, and yes, he did have live musicians with him, but it was mostly just him in front of an adoring audience for two solid hours. He is an incredible performer and a gifted musician. The show was great! Jamie Fox came out to perform his part of Golddigger, which was great live.

It will be interesting to see how a headliner with a two-hour show trims it down to opening-act level, especially for an audience who is unfamiliar with the music at best, and openly hostile to it (and him) at worst.

Those of you planning to arrive late or trying to buy beers with fake ids during his set might want to reconsider. Those of you planning on spending the set booing won't be heard through the cheering, I can assure you. :wink:

Nah...I think most U2 fans are more respectful than that. Although, that did happen to Kings of Leon didn't it?

Kayne will kick you out. His bodyguards threw out some handicap person back in October in the front row. Plus one of his road cases hit me in the head. I see some payback on that green road case.:mad:

I think this will be awesome, odd couple of the year touring. 2 of the top act in music rock and rap, together? Yeah why not.

This is something you will always talk about and people will be like no way. I saw U2 live once and Kayne West opened up, the response. What, no way that is odd. That is what all of my friends say.

I can't wait to see them in Omaha, anyone going I'll see you there. Kayne's new album Late Registeration best rap album of the year hands down. What a show, I can't wait!!!

Does anyone think Jaime Foxx or the dude from Maroon 5 will be on stage with them? Foxx has a new album coming out...The new single for Kayne West, with the maroon 5 guy is out. Just before Christmas.

I wish Kanye was opening in Buffalo. Institute doesn't interest me at all. Who knows, though, maybe they'll be okay. If I don't like them, I'll clap from time to time and keep my trap shut the rest of the time, as I think is polite. I sure as hell wouldn't have the nerve to get up in front of that many people and perform, so I'm not going to boo anyone who does.

I really glad for the opportunity to see Damian Marley, because he's not someone I'd go see on my own, but I really enjoyed him. I think it would've been the same with Kanye.

I would have loved to see Kanye open, I think he is quite talented and interesting.

I saw some of that show he had on MTV, he brought his Mom up on stage and sang this song to her that made me cry. I don't have any of his CD's (I really need to get one) so I don't know what song it was.

financeguy said:
So were now predicting (advocating?) the booing of support acts that don't fit into to our narrow little musical universe? Fuck's sake.

Look at it this way - are U2's OWN tastes that narrow? I don't think so, unless Bono has lied about his tastes in about forty million interviews.

Best point I have read on this subject in a long long time!!!! I cringed everytime someone took the time to rip the kings of leon. People are so narrow minded.

I don't know if I have posted in earlier threads but I have seen Kanye 4 times including once on the Touch The Sky Tour back in November in the CHI. He is going to be crazy live and is half the reason I decided to see a 2nd U2 show. (plus St Louis is the closest... I just so happened to luck out!)
Everyone is seeing one of the most interesting pairings of music this year.... and I know for a fact it is the best pairing I will have ever seen. I'll be playing U2/Kanye/U2/Kanye all the way to St Louis.

Lets hope u2 fans have too much respect for musicians to Boo anyone. Just wouldn't be cool.

Val said:
Lets hope u2 fans have too much respect for musicians to Boo anyone. Just wouldn't be cool.

Since i dont think rap is really music (more like shit), rappers aren't musicians, so i would boo him. :madspit:

i don't think that rap shit mixes to well with U2. they are at opposite ends, rap being the worst ever, and U2 being the best ever.

well, I have heard Bono rap, and u2 did pick the opening act, so out of respect for u2, lets act grown up.

martha said:
If people boo Kanye West, then they are stupid. No one has to like him, but booing is immature and lame. :tsk:

:yes: I agree.....I happen to like Kanye West (I happen to like most of the bands/artist that happen to come out of my homestate).....but if people want to get petty...then that makes them no less than a whiny 5 year old.

:tsk:

I've done a 180 on my opinion of Kanye.. some of you may remember my posts immediately after the Katrina benefit fiasco. In hindsight, I was as mad as he was, and not that my temper has cooled, I can see where he was coming from, and while I still agree that what he said was irresponsible, I don't hold it against him...

I'd be really disappointed if he got booed at any of the U2 shows, and imagine U2's reaction if they did! Shorter shows for booers!

DON'T BOO KANYE!

JMScoopy said:

Since i dont think rap is really music (more like shit), rappers aren't musicians, so i would boo him. :madspit:

i don't think that rap shit mixes to well with U2. they are at opposite ends, rap being the worst ever, and U2 being the best ever.

:rolleyes:

u2wedge said:
I've done a 180 on my opinion of Kanye.. some of you may remember my posts immediately after the Katrina benefit fiasco. In hindsight, I was as mad as he was, and not that my temper has cooled, I can see where he was coming from, and while I still agree that what he said was irresponsible, I don't hold it against him...

I'd be really disappointed if he got booed at any of the U2 shows, and imagine U2's reaction if they did! Shorter shows for booers!

DON'T BOO KANYE!

meant to say... 'NOW that my temper has cooled...'

Kanye West got 8 Grammy nominations for 2005, and U2 got 5 nominations. I wonder if this is the first time that an opening act has earned more nominations than the main act, for a current or past year.

JMScoopy said:

I'm certainly not a fan of rap, but your reaction seems a bit much. If I didn't like the opening act, I'd just skip them and show up around 9 and call it a day.

u2wedge said:
I think Edge should sing the Jamie Foxx part during 'Golddigger'.

:drool:

I really can't see the crowd booing him - at least in St Louis

I'm actually looking forward to this opening act

Val said:

I agree. I hope Kanye doesn't get booed. I don't think he will, but it would be really tacky to do so. I'm not a big fan of rap, and I am not looking forward to seeing Kanye--but I had the same thoughts before the Vegas show regarding Damian Marley and was pleasantly surprised. So I'm going into this with an open mind. :)

As far as U2 fans having too much respect for musicians--well, I'd agree with that for the most part, but there are always exceptions. Just look at how some U2 fans reacted to Kings of Leon. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom