I Hate Ticketek

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I got some, but I still hate them.. there will be so many people angry right now, i was for 30 mins. ticketmaster are worse.. surely they could have better systems in place honestly

Ah...The Stress free of walking into an outlet and having your GA by 9:02am!..

Tickettek dont suck....but buying online on a massive event such as this, does indeed suck, you'd think the ticket companys would have learnt by now.

well I don't have the option to do that in perth at 7am.. So it's the net or phone, phone is worse

Yes and the reason it sucks buying online is cause they won't invest in systems which can handle the traffic at those high times..

Ticketek does indeed suck massively. When demand is moderate to high the process of securing what you want is pure luck. A friend of mine queued up twice overnight for the other 2 Sydney shows, was very near the front of the queue both tims, and got no better than B reserve both times. Had he tried the net or the phone who knows how it would have turned out. It is all luck and that is screwed.

Contrast with just now when I finally got the stupid ticketek web site to work at 9:30am and got a really good A reserve seat. Row 5 in section 105-1. That was a fluke. My friend deserved better.

I got A Reserves for the second Sydney show and I had logged on the night before. At 8.56am a message popped up to say my time was up in 5 minutes. I had 1 minute to buy tickets and ended up with ones in section 106 - so yours are slightly better than mine and I bought mine in the first minute! lol

I don't think it is luck so much as the fact that the tickets are nowhere near as in demand as they were for the first two shows. Most people who wanted tickets were probably able to get some for the first 2 shows, so either don't want any for the 3rd, or aren't as fussed about rushing online to buy the best tickets. I didn't even consider going to the 3rd because I am already going to the first two.... plus Monday's are too hard for me to organise around a concert! lol

This way it means big fans will have more of a chance to get GREAT tickets, so that's awesome for them! :up:

Yeah, demand probably isn't as strong. But you'd never know judging by the instability of the ticketek web site. Like I said, you only need moderate demand and their web site blows up. What a scam they are pulling... they have exclusive rights to sell tickets and they provide a rubbish service in return.

bono_man2002 said:
Ah...The Stress free of walking into an outlet and having your GA by 9:02am!..

Tickettek dont suck....but buying online on a massive event such as this, does indeed suck, you'd think the ticket companys would have learnt by now.

I have to say I didn't encounter any problems on Ticketek getting Sydney 3 tickets online - kept hitting the refresh button and finally got in and had my tickets at 9:03 :drool:

I had to wake up at 5.45 am cos i am in Jakarta right now.... and after constant refreshing i was finally able to access the site an 6.45 and buy my ticket for the third show.
However i logged in again a few minutes ago and was able to buy a ticket for the first sydnez show as well :hyper:
And i did get the impression that more may soon be available... coz at times the alloc. exhausted in red next to the dates was missing from all 3 shows....

LuvandPeace1980 said:
well I don't have the option to do that in perth at 7am.. So it's the net or phone, phone is worse

I was stupid enough to try on my mobile... Oh what a bill!!! :eek:

LuvandPeace1980 said:

Yes and the reason it sucks buying online is cause they won't invest in systems which can handle the traffic at those high times..

I guess that kinda really doesnt help with the time difference.

Even the US dont really have the ablity to handle the big events, just look at the disastar that happend last year!...and it will happen again!

Back
Top Bottom