I bought GA tickets I didn't need so the scalpers wouldn't get them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thevinrod

Babyface
I bought four GA tickets for shows outside of my market just so the scalpers wouldn't get them. I am planning to trade them, but if it doesn't work out, I will just sell them for face value to the true fans who don't deserve to pay eBay prices for tickets.

I wish other fans would do this as well. I believe this is the solution of how we battle brokers. Think of it; 100,000 fans buying all of the good tickets to sell them at face value to the real fans. Aaah, what a world it SHOULD be.

Thanks for doing this. If I could have done this, I would have as well. I am even thinking about getting tickets for the shows that go on sale tomorrow just to be able to swap with someone who was out of luck.

"Don't let the ticketbastard grind you down"

thevinrod said:
I bought four GA tickets for shows outside of my market just so the scalpers wouldn't get them. I am planning to trade them, but if it doesn't work out, I will just sell them for face value to the true fans who don't deserve to pay eBay prices for tickets.

I wish other fans would do this as well. I believe this is the solution of how we battle brokers. Think of it; 100,000 fans buying all of the good tickets to sell them at face value to the real fans. Aaah, what a world it SHOULD be.

Does one have to take a test to proove to you he/she is a "real" fan? :eyebrow: Just how do you determine who's a real fan and who isn't anyway?

Re: Re: I bought GA tickets I didn't need so the scalpers wouldn't get them

indra said:

Does one have to take a test to proove to you he/she is a "real" fan? :eyebrow: Just how do you determine who's a real fan and who isn't anyway?

I guess I don't know... anyone who does not have a ticket broker license number I guess. I haven't really thought of a "test." I just like to put myself in other people's shoes and think "hey, I'm glad that guy was so nice to do something like that for me."

Yeah, some of us "real fans" would like to know where these shows are and how we might be good enough deserve a ticket.

I just posted a journal rant about what I think of some out-of-state buyers.

If it really worked that way, that would be terrific. :|

maybe we can buy cans of soup and solve world hunger, too.

this "real fan" code of honor is ridiculous. i have an extra GA ticket and i wouldn't hesitate to sell it at a higher price if i felt like it.

it doesn't make me any less of a fan.

AvsGirl41 said:
Yeah, some of us "real fans" would like to know where these shows are and how we might be good enough deserve a ticket....

hey! he didnt say anything about "real" vs "unreal" fans... all he was saying was that we need to help each other out, and stand together against ticket brokers!

about out-of-state buyers.. what of it? i am in california right now trying to buy a boston ticket because i went to school in boston and saw elevation there, love the city, and my best friend lives in watertown and we plan to go together. am i a "bad" fan?

Ill buy any GA tickets for West Coast area, or Ill trade you my 2 GA from Denver for GAs in LA

I have no problem with people traveling to see shows, to each their own.

I was being sarcastic, by the way, I loathe this "we're all real fans, aren't we, yeah, hooray" talk. No one is more or less of a fan than anyone else, it's stupid.

No, I am pissed because I waited in the cold for 2 GA Denver tickets, with my mom on the computer trying, and came away with nothing. But I log on here, and people on the opposite coast as me have tickets to *my* city, for the sheer purpose of trading them for a more desirable show. Will they sell them to me? No.

So, I don't have alot of warmth for anyone waving extra tickets and cryptically saying they did it for "real fans" considering what "real fans" are doing in other parts of the forum. We can't exactly condemn ticket brokers when we've got so called "real fans" doing the same thing, more or less.

I'm dying to go see U2, but my patience is quickly wearing thin.

Last edited:
the thing is-- you cant compare thevinrod to a broker unless he sells them for more than face. if he sells them at face, he really is doing a service to us all.

my patience is thin too... i was really optimistic (for no reason..) about not having to go thru with the whole ordeal i went thru to get all my elevation tickets... but that fantasy is crushed. we all just have to be patient and lucky.. it stinks liking a popular band!

elaine2112 said:

...AND it's being implied around here lately that anyone who sells tickets any higher than face value is some sort of heathen and couldn't possibly be a "real fan."

thevinrod used that phrase, not me. i think it's bullshit. that's my opinion. i'm done with this converstaion now.

bonosgirl84 said:
maybe we can buy cans of soup and solve world hunger, too.

this "real fan" code of honor is ridiculous. i have an extra GA ticket and i wouldn't hesitate to sell it at a higher price if i felt like it.

it doesn't make me any less of a fan.

It doesn't make you a non-fan, but it does make you a scalper.

Hey bg, maybe I'll buy your ticket so I can trade it for a Denver. :laugh:

Hey, I'll take a scalper any day over a trader. At least I have a shot at a ticket then. :wink:

bonosgirl84 said:

LMAO!!

i've been called a hell of a lot worse than that.

nice try, though. :up:

Like what, a crackwhore? I guess I can't really blame you if you need the cash to support your habit...

(Is that better?)

AvsGirl41 said:
But I log on here, and people on the opposite coast as me have tickets to *my* city, for the sheer purpose of trading them for a more desirable show. Will they sell them to me? No.

This is happening everywhere! Its not like all the MSG people are NYers... Maybe they won't sell because it is very likely their only shot at seeing U2.

If you had 2 MSG GA tickets in hand right now, but no Denver or anything else, would you sell them to me???

Well, I wouldn't have even bought MSG tickets because I have no intention of traveling out of state to see them, it's not feasible or desirable to me.

If I had bought them, it probably would have been with the intention of selling them, so yeah, I would.

It's ridiculous to me. I have been offering to buy Denver tickets from lots of people who hold them and no one will sell, they only want to trade. For the price of a plane ticket and the sale of some GA, someone could probably buy a ticket in their desired city from a scalper or a broker. But who am I to judge?

Either way, I am certainly not going to pity or sympathize with someone's "only chance to go" since I probably won't get to go at all, sorry if that offends anyone.

AvsGirl41 said:
Hey bg, maybe I'll buy your ticket so I can trade it for a Denver.

see, now i respect avsgirl as a long time member of this board, and if i could help her, i would. my point is, i don't like the suggestion that i should help out any U2 fan, just because they claim to be a U2 fan.

it's ridiculous.

I think I sound nastier than I actually mean to..I'm not trying to make an angry thread!

You do have a point about the money I will spend when I come to Denver...I'm just scared I won't get to see them at all. And I don't really want all that money to go to a scalper or broker...

bonosgirl84 said:
see, now i respect avsgirl as a long time member of this board, and if i could help her, i would. my point is, i don't like the suggestion that i should help out any U2 fan, just because they claim to be a U2 fan.

here, it sounds like youre the one judging peoples "fan-ness."

and no one in this thread said, insinuated, or "suggested" that you do anything at all.

thevinrod insinuated that he would sell to an interlander, anyways. what are you miffed about? seems like you and him and all of us stand on the same ground on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom