How you know you've become way too obsessed with this tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when you're scheming about what location of the ellipse you should stand near so that bono just might pick you as the "lucky girl" on stage...

U2Girl1978 said:
When you stay up the whole night in the setlist party thread... :lol:

:lmao: gotta agree with this one...

also, when you know which member of interference scares away both people and songs! :wink:

lauren430 said:
where do I start......

you're flying across country giving up time with your friend who is getting married that week to see them 2 nights in a row

you're already planning on what outfit you're going to wear to look cute and hopefully get Bono's attention

you're worrying/excited about everything tour related so much so that you're not studying for your first year law school exams

:crazy:

gotta agree with all 3 of these!!! :up:

I have done one show but I am saving mostly on my next Metallica World Tour. Did the first show and doing one or two Chicago shows, both Phillys, MSG, and the 2nd and 3rd Boston shows.

Even though I have alot of GA's. For the Fall shows.

All GA's

Fall
October 3 Boston
October 14 MSG
October 16 Philly
October 19 D.C.
October 20 D.C.
October 22 Pittsburgh
November 4 Vegas
November 5 Vegas
November 21 MSG
December 9 Buffalo
December 10 Cleveland
December 12 Charlotte

Last edited:
When your husband (a casual fan, at best) is having dreams about the two of you meeting the band at the Dec 12 Charlotte when you haven't even gotten the tix for it yet!!! (true story!! :yes: )

When you've already been to San Diego, LA and San Jose, then you get your credit card bill and realize you've spent $1200 more on tickets to Oakland (2 seats, 2 GA's), and Las Vegas 1 &2 (seats the first night, GA's the second). And that doesn't take into account travel. And November seems like an eternity away...and you're scheming about leaving your family and driving around in a van to follow the tour. And you're having dreams about U2 playing in a school auditorium and you rush the stage to get THE spot right in front of Bono, so you can watch him sweat.....And you realize; "i need more sleep!!!";)

tilen said:
when you are daily on sites such as atu.com, interference, u2.com etc. and constantly searching whether there is something new come up!

Oh man that is sooooo true.. i am usually at work and i say to myself ok today i am not going to check out the sites, i am busy and have to "focus" on work.. 2 seconds later ahh.. maybe just a quick glance just in case and of course i end up spending a considerable amount of time answering to threads like this one and not getting shit done..

GabyD said:

Oh man that is sooooo true.. i am usually at work and i say to myself ok today i am not going to check out the sites, i am busy and have to "focus" on work.. 2 seconds later ahh.. maybe just a quick glance just in case and of course i end up spending a considerable amount of time answering to threads like this one and not getting shit done..

too true, too true... argh, i have exams next week and have been spending waaay too much time on interference! :huh:

when you have all your work colleagues on ticketmaster trying to get tickets and even some of the doctors I work with on their phones trying to get.......

When you know you are not going to see a show till November but live through the people that already did and get tormented everytime because you want to see U2 so BADLY, but you do it anyways..

And when you go on interference at least 4 times a day just to see if anything has changed!

when the friend you're going to a show with wants to make and wear a T-shirt that reads "I'm with a crazed U2 fan--get out of her way!"

I prefer "enthusiastic" to "crazed" myself :yes:

When you feel withdrawal symptoms if this site is not visited several times per day, when you have contemplated--but thankfully resisted--divorce, unemployment, unreal debt, and the prospect of destitute poverty just to see more shows this year, when two shows in almost 17 years seemed fine and then two shows in one year seems pitifully thin, when threads like this seem not strange but like necessary group therapy . . . .
Hi, my name is Anu, and I'm a U2 fan . . . .
dream out loud!

Anu said:
When you feel withdrawal symptoms if this site is not visited several times per day, when you have contemplated--but thankfully resisted--divorce, unemployment, unreal debt, and the prospect of destitute poverty just to see more shows this year, when two shows in almost 17 years seemed fine and then two shows in one year seems pitifully thin, when threads like this seem not strange but like necessary group therapy . . . .
Hi, my name is Anu, and I'm a U2 fan . . . .
dream out loud!

:yes:

It's everything I wish I didn't know
Except U2 give me something I can feel,.... feeeeeeel

When you have booked flights from Anchorage, Alaska waaay out in the boondocks to go to Seattle, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York, Miami, Salt Lake City, and contemplating Europe, even for just a nights stay and rush back home to make just enough money to buy another flight ticket and concert ticket to another show...

When you actually steal your uncle's motorhome to go travel with the band and find that the motorhome is out of gas, and your steaming mad uncle comes to get the motorhome.

When you have talked your whole family into joining you for the Vegas U2 concert. Also, a few friends have signed up to go as well.

When you decide to take a second job just to pay for all of this, to make it happen. You have quit drinking, left your boyfriend, quit shopping, letting your hair grow out in awful colours and lengths to help save up for the expensive ticket broker tickets. You have the whole Tour Dates and Places written on your Message Board at work, along with a daily U2 quote, you have replaced your watch with a White ONE band, and since you didn't make it to the concert that is tonight, you make your own setlist and play it for yourself with dimmed lights and candles, blaring loud on your stereo system.

And oh my God, You're getting free Gas for 1 year??? That got me too. Because it really did come to my email.

***When you text message Unite while at work, hoping your name will show up on the screen sometime....***

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom