How were the lower level $85-90 seats on Elevation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEAL

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
When I used the Propaganda method for Chicago last tour, I bought 2 $85-90 (don't remember exactly) seats. I ended up with Upper level right above the stage. Actually were good seats.

Did anyone have the mid price ticket seating for the lower level? I'm thinking about buying those for this tour.

For Boston Elevation, I don't believe there was any mid-price lower level seating. The entire lower bowl (loge) in front of the stage was $135, behind the stage was $45. The only $85 seats were the balcony front-views. Anybody remember different?

That said, I had lower level seats behind the stage, and the view was terrific! HOWEVER, I had already seen the show twice from the front, so I knew what I was missing. I don't think I'd have wanted to be behind the stage for my only show.

I guess I don't remember either. It's just that I went to ticketmaster and was looking at certain cities and they had the option of lower level (95-160).

I figured this tour is being set up pretty much like the last one.

I had the mid-priced seats in NJ. I was right off the stage practically first row...it said it was rear-view but that wasn't true at all. I probably had the best seats in the house for less than the gold-circle tickets. I was so close in fact that I shook Adam's hand and gave Bono an American flag bandana that he wore around his mic (this was the show after 9/11). My seats were right near where they walked out of the tunnel to go on stage. It was a fantastic experience.

hibricc said:
For Boston Elevation, I don't believe there was any mid-price lower level seating. The entire lower bowl (loge) in front of the stage was $135, behind the stage was $45. The only $85 seats were the balcony front-views. Anybody remember different?
I remember different. :wink:
I had Loge 20 for Boston 4 in 2001. Loge 20 (and 15 on the other side) are direct side stage. For Boston 2 I had loge 21 for $135.00.
The loge 20 were just as good, in fact a shade better for $50 less.
When there were no GA's popping for the 1st leg presale and I saw that the $165 seats being offered were opposite end crap, I specified $95.00 and Loge in my search and got Loge 20 for the 5-24 show, and knowing how the seat numbers go, tossed a few pair back until getting the highest seat numbers which are on the aisle to loge 21.

So BEAL, my professional opinion is that if you can get one of the direct side sections at $95.00, you'll be quite pleased. As for the sections that are actually rear, I can't speak to those, but the reports of a very open stage would make those better than balcony or opposite end lowers most likely.

I had mid-priced seats for the first show in Calgary. They were lower level, at the corner of the stage. I thought they were just going to be mediocre seats but when we got to the arena, their stage took up most of my section so even though my ticket said row 20 or something like that I was like in the 3 or 4th row!! The band walked from right under me onto the stage and through the concert I was able to scream Bono and he could hear me cuzz he gave me a good wave! Needless to say, we had kick ASS seats!!
I guess with the stage configuration we got lucky.

Thanks for improving on my aging memory, Hewson. And a BIG THANK YOU for that info on secs. 15 and 20. Might come in handy tomorrow.

Which way do the seat numbers run in Loge15? Is higher or lower better on that side?

Excellent. Everything is starting to fall into place.......

hibricc said:
Thanks for improving on my aging memory, Hewson. And a BIG THANK YOU for that info on secs. 15 and 20. Might come in handy tomorrow.

Which way do the seat numbers run in Loge15? Is higher or lower better on that side?
In Loge 15, you want seats 1 and 2 if possible, thats the aisle along loge 14. In 20 you want high numbers, the number of seats increases as the rows get higher by a few (the section is kind of wedge shaped), but seat numbers in the teens will be closer to loge 21.

njelevation06 said:
I had the mid-priced seats in NJ. I was right off the stage practically first row...it said it was rear-view but that wasn't true at all. I probably had the best seats in the house for less than the gold-circle tickets. I was so close in fact that I shook Adam's hand and gave Bono an American flag bandana that he wore around his mic (this was the show after 9/11). My seats were right near where they walked out of the tunnel to go on stage. It was a fantastic experience.

I had $165 Golden Circle tix for one of the NJ shows—perfect straight on view but overall I thought they were lousy. All the action took place across the arena. Would have been much better off with upper deck seats that were closer to the stage. Also didn’t help that I had GA tickets for all the other shows I went to.

Luckily I have GA’s for two of the three Vertigo show I’ll be attending in NY/NJ!

hibricc said:

I had Loge 16 on Elevation which were also great seats. When you look at the end stage layout, Loge 16 looks like it is behind the stage but really was right to the side of it. When I was in my seat I was impressed at how good it was and they were only 50$. But I also think I lucked out with my seats which were row 11 or something (which meant there were only like 1 or 2 rows in front of me since these sections don't start at row 1) and my seats were almost on the aisle next to Loge 15. Really great seats though I guess at this point it is hard to know what the seats will be like when we don't know the exact stage setup.

For Elevation in San Jose, I bought, from Propaganda, the mid-level tickets because I was 5 months pregnant and wanted a seat. There was one level below me and I was the first row in the level right about the "golden circle"/lower level, right on the side by Edge's side of the stage. I was very happy with my seats. And because I had no one sitting in front of me, I had the luxury of sitting down when I got tired. I couldn't of asked for better tickets considering I was pregnant.

doctorwho said:

You better not be going to any shows I'm attending. :madspit:

As of now, looks like May 7th Chicago, and I'll be trying for Omaha. And you know I like it when you spit....:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom