How was the Chicago DVD reviewed in your country?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most of the reviewers critizise the production and the editing of the DVD but not the band which was great in Chicago. So I have no problems with such reviews. :)

Zoovation said:
Most of the reviewers critizise the production and the editing of the DVD but not the band which was great in Chicago. So I have no problems with such reviews. :)

But isn't making a DVD about production and editing? If Hamish had decided to only show their shoes for two hours (only 1 second at a time, of course), wouldn't you agree that the DVD was crap no matter how good U2 were that evening?

U2Man said:

But isn't making a DVD about production and editing? If Hamish had decided to only show their shoes for two hours (only 1 second at a time, of course), wouldn't you agree that the DVD was crap no matter how good U2 were that evening?

where can i buy this DVD?

:shifty:

Irvine511 said:

where can i buy this DVD?

:shifty:

Well, just buy a recent Hamish U2 DVD and a computer program that can automatically edit out all closeups of nostrils and I think you pretty much have what you are looking for.

AtomicBono said:

Definitely agree on Party Girl, and yeah, I'd much rather have a DVD of the 9/20 Chicago show, but oh well.

I thought they had filmed 5/7 to test the setup or something, I dunno, guess I was wrong. but they still should have filmed Bad :wink: :drool:

Vancouver was the test the week before when they shot the video for City Of Blinding Lights. They shot some other songs also for practice at that time. The film/DVD extra gear was only there for the 5-9 and 5-10 shows in Chicago.

It was a great show, but I personally don't like Hamish' style of editing. There are way too much close-ups and the pixels are far to big at some stages. It could have been so much better.

These are my faves:
- Zoo Station :drool:
- The fly
- Love and peace or else
- City of blinding lights
- The intro of Bullet
- The cell phones during One
- The fact that they didn't put a version of With or without you on the dvd

But all in all, I repeat, it could have been so much beter. However, I'm still happy that they released the DVD. Can't wait to see the outdoor version...

Back
Top Bottom