How was "Bad"???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
So anyone - How was "Bad"????
Was it a longer version?
A shorter version??
Did Bono add any songs inside it???
Someone. I'm dying to know.
Please help.

Bad, just Bad & nothing else. I was shocked when I heard the opening chords. The "wide awake" part was great as well at the end. Bono was going all the way on that!

OH MY GOD, it was phenomenal. A total surprise. After crying through the first minute and a half or so (hormones, I'm pregnant), I remembered I was carrying a camera that RECORDS. So, I have from "through silken sky" to almost the end, but I'm not sure what to do with it to get it to you guys.

Suggestions? It's AVI, 129 MB.

Last edited:
When they started playing Gloria, I was going nuts. But when they started playing Bad, EVERYONE WAS GOING NUTS!

I can't wait. wow. just can't wait. That feeling of hearing it with total surprise must have been so great. So nice. Can't wait to hear it.

I have been watching the setlists after each show with disappointment as the realization set in that when Glendale came around, I would not be hearing my co-favorite U2 song live.

So, after flying out Friday morning, renting a car, getting a hotel, and then waiting for the show....

They played the UN human right segment, which was close to my heart and very moving... and then Edge went into the "Bad" riff. It was an emotional moment in my life I will never forget, and U2, as they so often are somehow able to do for people night in and night out, made me feel like they were playing this concert for me.

I don't know if this will go down as one of those legendary shows like Boston or SJ on the Elevation tour, but it should. I can't imagine the band being more "on," and while U2 is so great that certain songs will always have to be left out to the disappointment of some fans, this setlist was absolutely amazing. It was a perfect night of rock and roll.

U2, thank you for playing "Bad."

It was BAD!

The version of BAD they played at Glendale was a long version and it was phenomenal. I love that song! I thought it was a great night but that might be because the Friday show my seats were in front of the stage view…actually where they shined a blue spotlight on my little brother and me all night…lol…(I heard my shirt had a freakish hue) but that might have just seemed so because we were up and dancing all night.

For the record, I thought the Thursday show was pretty moving…actually, so moving it brought my sweetie Marc to tears…I think he was working through some grief and loss about his own Father’s death that he had on a back burner for years...when Bono started talking about his own Father…the tears flowed.

The shock of hearing the beginning of that song when I was expecting Zoo Station at that juncture (and I love Zoo Station) was just the greatest, most unreal feeling. I was telling someone else earlier, my body realized it was Bad before my brain did, I just had this amazing feeling wash over me. Awesome. and it was, to my ears, a great version, not short, and done with feeling.

Plus, I was texting a fellow Interference user (Waterman 981) the set list, so it was a treat to let him know they were playing Bad so he could pass the info on, brought an extra grin to my face.

No spoken words said:
The shock of hearing the beginning of that song when I was expecting Zoo Station at that juncture (and I love Zoo Station) was just the greatest, most unreal feeling. I was telling someone else earlier, my body realized it was Bad before my brain did, I just had this amazing feeling wash over me. Awesome. and it was, to my ears, a great version, not short, and done with feeling.

Wow, this was my exact experience. Already moved by the human rights presentation, and just being at a U2 concert and, at times, 10 feet from my lifetime rock heroes, I was jolted by the opening riff of Bad. It was so unexpected, I broke down, and it took a couple seconds to realize that I was hearing the opening to my favorite song. Bad...Pride...Streets...One. Wow!!!!

It was fantastic! A complete shock! I was expecting something special that night. I was look for In God's Country, but instead got my favorite LIVE song... BAD!

My top three prayers for this tour are the songs that will make me ball and ball and weep and sniffle like a baby:
Bad, Kite, and Original. Two out of three so far have been played, but not when I was in the building.
Still praying for my next show.
love, anu

i cried like a girl (well, i am female so i suppose that's fine) :reject:

it was fabulous. unreal. best part of a phenomenal show.

Finally heard it thanks to the link on this thread. THANKS. Sounds like a great version. Just think of what it will become by the third leg. Wow. I love the Van Morrison "No Guru, No Method, No Teacher" reference...nice one Bono. Keep it up.

BAD and IN THE GARDEN.........my two favorite songs; by my favorite rock star; unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom