How to OFFICIALLY DARE U2??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soul service

The Fly
Anyone, is there ANY way to OFFICIALLY dare U2?

Here's the dare.

1. Play a new different song on every night. It would be an empty space. The Rotative Song, or whatever you want to call it.

2. Take off 2 or 3 songs that have been played REGULARLY on the last 2 or 3 tours (this one included) OR more than 500/600 times...

No begging for Acrobat, Dirty Day, Hawkmoon, Drowning Man... Just a Rotative Song. I honestly think they can pull this thing off without too much trouble!! No need for huge lighting work or anything... Just the song...

As for the second point... Maybe it's asking too much, but it's worth the try. If it's asking too much, maybe then ask for different arrangement for these songs!!!!! Play Pride as a slow song, like they played Sunday Bloody Sunday on the Popmart tour... or anything.

But, a DARE! For them to take a risk!!! And make us HAPPY!

A petition, like the one that Axver is running for Dirty Day?? Even a MTV or radio call??? Or a flag at every show?? Anything!!!!! PLEASE, let's find a way!!!!!!

why can't they even rotate something SO SIMPLE such as the following:

running to stand still for mrs. sare7evo

wowy for mysterious ways

WHY...WHHHHYYYYY can't they even do taht on multiple stands? are they even human??

and edge says they're always looking for ways to keep the show fresh. MY ASS they are.

fresh THIS.

*shows ass

and that's not fresh at all. i do NOT have a fresh ass.

There is no way. This is your 3rd leg setlist.

They even stopped playing Gloria, An Cat Dubh, and no Zoo Station.

This is your 3rd leg setlist.

I'm pretty sure there is a way. Even if it's something stupidly simple!!! We have at least to try! No??

Anyone knows a VJ at MTV??? Anyone has a link with a Radio, someway we could get the Guys to read it??

Little HEAVY ROTATION. That's all we ask for. Even if it's just RTSS for Miss Sarajevo. Gloria for Electric Co. A Pop encore for the Acthung one... Every two nights... A switch. Something NEW.

I'm sure there is a way!!!

Zoomerang96 said:
why can't they even rotate something SO SIMPLE such as the following:

running to stand still for mrs. sare7evo

wowy for mysterious ways

WHY...WHHHHYYYYY can't they even do taht on multiple stands?

my thoughts exactly. How hard could that be??

Let's find the OFFICIAL dare.

Is it rotation. We could even provide the rotation idea, from what they ALREADY played on the tour.

Or it could be the "One new song per night" thing. A strip down one. No need for big lighting and all...

We must find what we ask for (which means "a possible request!") and then find a way to request it.

I can't believe that, with all the people that come on this site, there is not a SINGLE ONE that has a connection with a VJ at MTV!!! It is impossible!!!

We must build a wave, an ENORMOUS WAVE!! And make a special 30 minutes show with it!!

"Fans are gathering. They want change!!"

Whatever! I believe in something. Together. A BIG wave.

Someone could formally hand a printed dare to U2.

Not like it'd work, but maybe it'd give someone somewhere a laugh. :shrug:

soul service said:
Axver, as much I love One Tree Hill, Bono couldn't do it on the JT tour...

What about a realistic request?

Ever heard One Tree Hill from 26 December 1989, Dublin? Best performance of any song by any band ever in my opinion.

Realistic request: Desire :|

A VJ could suggest the idea, could talk about it everyday, talk about the address of the petition or whatever. If WE come with enough name and people and all, he could pull of something, a special show about it. If it's official on the site, or on any site, if we have numbers, I'm pretty sure they would consider the idea, because there are people asking for it!!! There are people that would enjoy that show, that would participate!

Maybe that the person that decides about the show love U2 and would love to see that idea brought to life!! In Quebec, the guy that was covering U2 for Popmart was big and would have been able to do that... I'm pretty sure there is someone that "big" that could support us!!

Sorry Axver for One Tree Hill... I mistook it for Red Hill Mining Town...

Even if it would make them laugh!!!! If there is a guy handing it to the guys every show!!! With more names on it!!! Even if it's 200 names up to 300, the next night!!!! I'm SURE that would help!!!!

We could even use help from Zootopia!!!

soul service said:
Sorry Axver for One Tree Hill... I mistook it for Red Hill Mining Town...

Even if it would make them laugh!!!! If there is a guy handing it to the guys every show!!! With more names on it!!! Even if it's 200 names up to 300, the next night!!!! I'm SURE that would help!!!!

We could even use help from Zootopia!!!

I do wonder how U2 would react if, at every show, someone handed them a petition/dare with over 100 signatures.

I really don't know how anyone would go about organising that, though.

Through Interference or Zootopia!!!

If the thread is up!!! Organised and all. Before every show, people can print the petition, with all the names, the number of people and the official request on the top.

If all the people that are going to try to meet the Boys before or after the show can have access to that and that they try!!!! I'm pretty sure we can hit them every 2 or 3 shows!!!!

The same. Let's join it. I'm pretty sure that the number can grow bigger. If we hand it out, 350 doesn't seem big... But, if in three days, it's up to 450 and we hand it again. Even if it's only up to 400. The fact that different persons hand the same petition show that hard core fans want something!!! And I'm sure it would touch the Guys... Even if it come out only for one show!!!

soul service said:
Through Interference or Zootopia!!!

If the thread is up!!! Organised and all. Before every show, people can print the petition, with all the names, the number of people and the official request on the top.

If all the people that are going to try to meet the Boys before or after the show can have access to that and that they try!!!! I'm pretty sure we can hit them every 2 or 3 shows!!!!

Let's not let any Bono girls have possession of the signatures. They'll want to get a hug or kiss from Bono instead of presenting him with the signatures. It'd be a lost cause
down.gif

At the show, we can even get people signing!!! There could be a big flag "www.dareu2.whatever - Sign the petition to Dare U2 to change their setlist". Or T-Shirt!!! I heard many story about U2 T-Shirt - Bonoism, Bono is God, I love U2... People would be ready to wear it, I'm sure.

Queen Bee said:

Let's not let any Bono girls have possession of the signatures. They'll want to get a hug or kiss from Bono instead of presenting him with the signatures. It'd be a lost cause
down.gif

Seconded. If we go through with this, we have to have someone reliable to hand it to the band, someone who can keep their composure and isn't obsessed with getting a hug and their shirt signed.

In fact, they would be the best one for it!!! Even if it's only to put it in his hand!! I can't believe that night after night, there isn't ONE girl that will be able to do it... Simple rule - Keep it in your hand at ALL TIME!!

Let's brainwash them!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom