How to OFFICIALLY DARE U2??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but they did mix it up last night, they took out four songs

some people are never happy :tsk:

Good point chizip....I will be ecstatic if they take out even more for Saturdays show...what would be even better would be if they played for 3.5 hrs on friday and then 1 hr on Saturday...
thats mixing it up:shifty:

you are all funny....some of these posts are classic.

I complained during the 1st leg of how the setlist was pretty static and got chewed out because of it. I said it's great they're doing some older songs but it's still not changing very musch from night to night. people here got violent; I might've even been threatened once.....they said wait until the 2nd leg in europe....it'll be DIFFERENT. ok, what happened? nothing.

it's now the 3rd leg and now people are organizing petitions, lobbying vj's, bribing the band with donation schemes.....
for all involved in these things, take it from me: let it go. the tour will be over soon and hopefully we can wait another 4 years for a great album and new tour. you're driving yourselves crazy over something that will not happen.

JOFO, you are sooo negative. I think we can easily convince the band to a short set night and then a much longer set night. If all the cities they play in can stage an impromptu film festival (I understand they wont have time to plan one like TO does every year, but maybe we could petition for that too) Then prior to the Short Set nights Bono can be out butterflying around, then on Long Set nights we can hand him the song petition. This way the third leg actually gets changed up in two separate ways (time, content)...I think people would be more than happy with this, and 1st & 2nd leg people will be jealous. :|

snowbunny00774 said:
JOFO, you are sooo negative.

one man's negative is another man's realistic.

but go ahead and petition your heart out if you think it will work.

snowbunny00774 said:
I think we can easily convince the band

you really think the band sits around reading the forum at interference.com?

or do you really think a fan handing Bono a petition is going to get them to say "oh man, we should really play some other stuff"?

i'm going to have to agree with JOFO.

the band doesn't mix it up because they don't have to. they keep rehashing the same songs, the same act, but yet we all still keep scrambling to see the shows.

forget a petition. we should all stop going to see them live. hit 'em where it hurts. it's the only thing that would get their attention, really.

JOFO said:

or do you really think a fan handing Bono a petition is going to get them to say "oh man, we should really play some other stuff"?

I was thinking that this thread sort of sounds like people think U2 is some kind of lounge act that takes requests from the audience. :)

JOFO said:

you really think you have a sense of humour?...I was joking..didn't realize I would have to say that right in there...do you really think I would want a short set night and a long set night...or that people should petition for more film festivals...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom