How reliable is Ebay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm bidding right now on another pair of tickets on ebay. This user has sold other tickets, including U2, and has a 99.6% positive rating.

solacevip said:
I have bought several tickets for U2 off of ebay. I bought tickets for the final show in Miami as well as tickets for NJ for the Elevation tour. All I did was research the feedback that was given. I even contacted some of the ebay members who bought from the same seller prior to me. I travelled from Toronto to see these shows....hard tickets in hand....no problems. Tickets were shipped and I was provided with tracking numbers.

Seems nowadays, for a tout/scalper, ticketfast is the way to go in order to have the tickets ASAP. Scalpers are also starting to realize that fans would rather hard tickets.

I have bought ticketfast tickets recently for the May 22 Philly show. I'm not nervous as this seller has had almost 2000 contacts with customers. The ticketfast tickets came in 3 days....and they were colour printed on super duper paper.

Whatever you do...NEVER buy any tickets that have the barcode displayed in a picture on ebay. Those tickets could be easily cancelled or copied.
I bought ticketfast tix to the same show on ebay from vivid seats. is that who you got them from?

Actually, I have found GA tickets on ticketbroker sites that are going from around $100 a pop, which I don't think is that bad. I actually saw a GA for the second Detroit show going for $89. Keep in mind these prices are only for the "smaller" markets like Cleveland, for shows in NYC or Chicago I'd stick with Ebay.

I forgot to say, that I have bought front row seats from various sellers on Ebay, some were brokers and some were just regular people, and all were excellent prices, and worth every cent to be able to get front row center for the concerts I went to. Sometimes the tickets you buy have been from one end of the country and back, twice. I got some tickets from a broker back East, sent to me on the West Coast, I got better tkts, I sold those and they went back to the East Coast. I think that's kind of funny when I think about where all they've been, sometimes twice.

Back
Top Bottom