how often did the band not stop for fans ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
I was just curious for those who went to multable shows how often did they stop to meet fans ? The only show I went to this tour they were too late to stop although from what my mum who stayed and waited Bono tryed to get out but was urged not to.....

:shrug: i don't know... depends on what you mean by them. it varried from place to place... sometiems just bono would get out, sometimes the edge and adam... very rarely larry.

i know in philly in may they were running late and didn't stop. but they did stop a few days later in new jersey...

72104623_f72adf9e34_o.jpg

72104625_0157f540f0_o.jpg

and bono stopped outside before just about every show at the garden...

52021559_be5fc87caf_b.jpg

81308120_39bff1c722_b.jpg

it was a lot more rare for them to meet the fans on the third leg because they didn't get to the venue early to soundcheck as often

I waited for them to arrive at three of the four Philly shows, and they never came out. For the first one (the 5/22 show), they were running very late because Bono had been at an Edun show in New York, though he did roll down the window and wave. For the first Philly show in the fall, the band arrived too late to sound check. There was a pretty small crowd, so I thought they'd actually come out, until some stupid girl ran at Bono's SUV :mad:

I waited for about an hour at the last Philly show but had to get back to the GA line, so I don't know how late they arrived.

Here are a few pics:

bonoarrivescropped1.jpg

bonoarrives2cropped.jpg

54691028_2556c7dae6.jpg

Me? A lousy photographer? Never... :wink:

LA II (on the first leg) Edge came out before the show (got his autograph hehe) Bono got out of his car, but didnt stop to sign just waved.

Didnt come out after the show though.

Back
Top Bottom