How much is just TOO much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannonkv

War Child
As you all know ticket prices on ebay, etc. can be quite ridiculous, but seem to be the only way to get tickets at the moment...other than trading with the honest U2 fans.

How much would you say is too much to pay for a ticket (of course taking into consideration where the seats are)?

:hmm:

shannonkv said:
As you all know ticket prices on ebay, etc. can be quite ridiculous, but seem to be the only way to get tickets at the moment...other than trading with the honest U2 fans.

How much would you say is too much to pay for a ticket (of course taking into consideration where the seats are)?

Well, paying up to double for a GA seems reasonable when you consider you can potentially be front row. Not bad for $100 bucks (better for $50 though... :wink: ).

For the lower bowl seats that are $165 face, personally I think anythng more than $200 is a bit much.

For the $99 seats, don't pay over face if they are behind the stage.

That's just my opinion, of course, I'm sure there will be those who disagree with me...

I think it's to much once you're really not comfortable with the price or you believe it won't be worth the money spend, having said that I once paid $450 for a GA and it was totally worth it but then again it was my first U2 concert!

ewines said:
Too much is not enough.

/obvious
//back to lurking

lol! I used to feel bad for 5 years and only 260 posts! you beat me with 1 post in 3 years! you should try more, it's actually quite addictive once you give in...

I have the opp. to buy 2 tickets for Ottawa $525. They are side stage, but from what I can tell at the back of section 319 (for those with seating charts). I don't think that is worth it to me. I'd kinda like to have a crap ass view from the front :D

methinks I'll keep looking for better seats and most likely more expensive too.

I've been watching ebay but by the time it gets to the end of the auction, the tickets are way up there in price.

I've been to ETS as well, but I guess I don't know how to navigate the site. I can only find pre party deals and hotel packages...?

shannonkv said:

I think it depends on your budget and how badly you want to see the band. On the other hand I would discourage anyone from paying into a scalper's pocket. There are tickets out there to be had. I guess I am lucky I got mine during presale and have been pleased.

shannonkv said:
I've been watching ebay but by the time it gets to the end of the auction, the tickets are way up there in price.

I've been to ETS as well, but I guess I don't know how to navigate the site. I can only find pre party deals and hotel packages...?

some of the shows have party deals with "bronze" packages, which includes a GA ticket.

Oh ok, I have seen those packages. Problem is that I'm living in TO now, so GA wouldn't really be good for me and I need 2 tickets.

BUT I did actually score some Montreal tix, unfortunately I just found out that I can't go lol So at least now I can hopefully find someone to swap them for Ottawa ones. Oh the stress!! :laugh:

Just to keep everyone in the loop. I got me some Ottawa tickets!!! YAY me! Apparently there is no price I won't pay ha ha

Section 114, right by the stage...should be pretty decent view (I hope!!) Ottawa here I come :dancing: :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom