How many US tour legs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my guess is:

US tour starts march 1st in US (miami) and ends in mid-june.
first U2 hits all the U2 friendly cities and the minor ones (arenas), then goes back to the friendly ones and plays in stadia.
something like: NY MSG mid march (2 dates), NY Giants stadium late may (3 dates). 60 shows
euro tour starts late june (croke park) and ends early september. it's all stadiums except a few scattered additional arenas in "industry-VIP" cities (london, paris, berlin...). they also play east europe (like Popmart). 35 shows.
u2 takes a month and a half off (like elevation)
then from mid-october to early december they tour south east asia and far east (arenas). they also play hong kong, singapore, etc...25 shows.
tour ends early dec (9 months). a total of 120 shows.
south am is skipped, mexico has a chance (maybe at the end of US leg?).

U2 releases DVD of the tour in fall '05.
releases something anthologic in fall '06 (like: a box set of rarities?)
next studio album, planned for fall '07, is out in fall '08.
U2 back out on the road in early 2009.

This tour is going to be no where near the size of Elevation according to to what already been said by people who work for the band.
I'm sure as always America will get a lot of shows but that the total amount will be reduced over there so they can play other countrys for a change.
I think the arenas (sadly)will be very limited as it looks like mainly outdoor for everyone!

anitram said:

But what about Canada?

Did you know that outside of Ireland, Canada sells the most U2 CDs per capita? They can easily sell out 2 tours here.

I know!!

U2 soldout every stadium date in 1987 and sold around 275,000 tickets in 1992 and almost 310,000 in 1997.

Great market!!

Vox

My hopeful guess:

US arena tour, multiple dates for cities like mine (Boston!) March - June 04

European Stadium tour June - September

Aussie/NZ tour Fall 04

South America (?) Winter 04/05

Break

Second Leg US Stadium tour Early-Mid Summer 2005

Second Leg Short European Tour Late Summer 05

Back
Top Bottom