How long before doors are open you guys are gonna wait outside?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
Well, when I first went to u2 in gelredome, arnhem, holland I was much too late because I was by train. So I stood 5th row, after the heart. Next tour I wanna stand 1st row of course, and I think I will be there for about 5 hours before doors open. I think that's enough.
How long do you wait before doors are open?

I got in line at noon in Denver and got into the heart (< 300). The best part of waiting though is hanging out with other hardcore fans. :up:

I think they will come in Kuip or ArenA in Netherlands so I think I'm going to be there at 13.00 when doors are open at 18.00.

POP-ROMANCER said:
don't you wanna stand 1st row next tour?

I was 1st row at the second Cologne show (together with my sister, for whom it was her very first U2 concert ever). I arrived around 9:00 at the arena.
For the next tour, I don't know. It's a bit like 'been there, done that', so maybe I'm satisfied with just being in the pit/heart/whatever-they-call-it-this-time. Had some amazing time there at the 3rd Arnhem concert.

C ya!

Marty

I live three hours from Miami...I had been planning to leave my house at 8:00 in the morning and get in line.

And one4u2, yes I would "wait forever"! :)

Anyone know how hardcore Philly fans are? There's no way i'm getting there THAT early, just to get close to the stage. I'd probaly be happy just to be on the floor though. Especially since I'm too young to drive myself, there's no chance my dad is going to want to take me up there in the morning and wait until after midnight to get me.:huh:

Hopfully I'll get a chance to go to 2 shows this spring. I want one up close like I was during elevation(tip of the heart), but actually this time I really want to be in the seats somewhere....I want to be able to take in the entire show, you don't always get that up front.

If doors open around 7:00 in the evening, I plan to get there for 10:00 in the morning. My friend are I are going to take a thermos of coffee and a picnic :D

Lancemc said:
Anyone know how hardcore Philly fans are? There's no way i'm getting there THAT early, just to get close to the stage. I'd probaly be happy just to be on the floor though. Especially since I'm too young to drive myself, there's no chance my dad is going to want to take me up there in the morning and wait until after midnight to get me.:huh:

Pretty hardcore in Philly and NJ last tour, had to get there in the AM to get into the heart. NYC, at least the 1st leg, was actually less hardcore and more mellow, got there at noon and was around 90th in line and had a place on the rail right at the inside tip of the heart, people who got there at 5pm got into the heart.

Any Chicagoans know how the line worked during Elevation? My tickets were way up in the nosebleeds, so I just got there during Garbage's set.

POP-ROMANCER said:
Well, when I first went to u2 in gelredome, arnhem, holland I was much too late because I was by train. So I stood 5th row, after the heart. Next tour I wanna stand 1st row of course, and I think I will be there for about 5 hours before doors open. I think that's enough.
How long do you wait before doors are open?

I'm waiting outside a stadium in London now - thought I'd get there before the rest of the world.

That was bullshit, in case no-one had guessed:yes:

True, ok, 2 weeks. The doorway of the GA door will be my new home for the 2 weeks before. At least the weather will be warmer. :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom