How great is the Portland show going to be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing against Portland, but that last show has as much chance of being an ordinary show as it does of being a great one. The crowd may or may not be 'into it.' And the crowd-band interplay makes or breaks the show. There's no way anyone can state before the fact that a show will be a great one or not. Hope? sure. Here's hoping.

Here's hoping is right! And I am with Martha. If SHE ways it will be a great show then it will be a great show. And if I say it will be a great show then it will be so. December is our month and nothing will disappoint us! :D

....oh, and Gabrielvox, I'd happily throw a few coins your way toward your fundraising cause! :up: I'll always help a fellow U2 fan in need :hug:

Wow! Am I a lucky girl. I've been told KARMA rules and it is so true! Got a big surprise from a dear friend tonite! A RT ticket to Portland for December, FIRST CLASS! :applaud: :ohmy:

I love to drive, and Lord knows I've got more than 36 hours of U2 music to keep me entertained, but that's a long drive. It would be about 15 hours from San Diego.

Are you going to make the drive, Gabrielvox?

Lila64 said:
well if you take the 101, don't forget lil ol' me :wink:

ROAD TRIP LILA!

If I Was driving I'd stop for sure and caravan with ya, especially what with the ridiculous price of gas. But I am flying and a stupid route (San Diego to Dallas/Ft Worth to Portland and back same way....but FIRST CLASS). :ohmy:

fah said:
Portland is a 6 hour drive for me, more if there are lineups at the border and if the weather is bad.

So true about the weather.....through the Siskiyous, right? After Shasta and crossing into Oregon from the California/Oregon border. I remember a couple of those trips myself.

Carek1230 said:

So true about the weather.....through the Siskiyous, right? After Shasta and crossing into Oregon from the California/Oregon border. I remember a couple of those trips myself.

:wink:

I'm driving from Canada eh :D

Taking I-5 down through Bellingham, Seattle/Tacoma and then straight on to Portland :dance:

martha said:

Get crackin' son!

And plan some extra time for all that snow you guys have up there.

I'm driving from OC. It'll take a day and half more or less. I love to drive. :love:

LOL

Funny part is, from where I live, we likely wont hit the snow till we get into the States...not much snow in Toronto till Christmas..

:lol:

(who's talking like he's already going :eek:hno:)

I'm driving down from Seattle. It'll be mist. Mist that I won't want to stand in all day long.

Is the Rose Garden anywhere near Powell's, the best book store in the world? :wink:

gabrielvox said:

LOL

Funny part is, from where I live, we likely wont hit the snow till we get into the States...not much snow in Toronto till Christmas..

:lol:

(who's talking like he's already going :eek:hno:)

Well it IS only ONLY 35 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

corianderstem said:
I'm driving down from Seattle. It'll be mist. Mist that I won't want to stand in all day long.

Is the Rose Garden anywhere near Powell's, the best book store in the world? :wink:

Let me ask my sister......she lives there!

Too late ... he already wore one on Popmart, in the December Seattle show. As far as I know, no fans stormed out in protest.

:wink:

We are coming down from Seattle as well. Last show of the tour. Why Portland? They have never ended in this region before. Strange place to end a tour. Could it be related to the long lost October album and personal items? Does anybody know or have an idea? I suspect it does relate.

...and just a footnote, but Bjork was booed in Vancouver during the Zooropa Tour in November 92. Pissed me off; it was so rude. If you don't like an opening act then take a break out of the stands for a while, grab a drink and chat with others out there.

Back
Top Bottom