Houston Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Timo, I will talk to you later about all things Finn and tickets and stuff. See you round.

CONGRATULATIONS Ramblinrose :applaud: (I texted that to you :wink: )

Drive your FAST CAR safely :wink:

FastCarsB_WPhoto.jpg

Lila64 said:
and about Craigslist... is it like ebay's bastard son? What legitimacy does it have? U2Fanatic & I had a doozy with a guy trying to sell us 2 GAs for top dollar. His last offer to us was $395 EACH, which was outrageous cuz we weren't paying more than that for 2 tickets. And he never showed us a pic or scan of the tickets. He just kept reposting his 'make offer' post. I hope KARMA gets him :mad:

:wave:

Oops, I forgot to thank RR for texting and QB for posting the setlist!

:bow:

Thank you both!!

Lila, I wouldn't say craigslist is ebay's bastard son.
It's not an auction site.
People are offering their tickets for trade or sale for a certain price.
Sometimes they don't name a price and it's best offer gets them or make an offer.
Craigslist doesn't give any seller information (how many items the seller has sold and how their feedback is), so you don't know anything about the sellers credibillity.
It's more like the internet version of the classifieds section of a newspaper.
Craigslist is very orientated on local areas where Ebay is more nationwide.
And it's very popular in my neck of the woods, because the guy who started it, lives in SF.
There are more U2 tickets for Oakland being offered on craigslist then on Ebay.

If you click on a certain classified you're interested in, you'll see the following disclaimer at the top:

Avoid scams & fraud by dealing locally:
· non-local deals involving shipping, wire transfer, or cashier checks are usually fraudulent
· there are no such things as "craigslist payment system", "craigslist buyer protection", or "craiglist seller certification"
· please report scam attempts to abuse@craigslist.org

Because there is no such thing as buyer protection or seller certification however, things can get a bit :huh: what legitimacy is concerned.

I've also seen people asking outrageous prices for u2 tickets or people reposting their ad multiple times.

If you're scanning over a longer period of time, you start recognizing things and you can kind of pick out the scalpers who are out to make a big profit or the normal, honest people that are just trying to get their money's worth back.

I click on everything, but I know that I'm not going to buy any ticket above face value, except for GA for which I have a certain price set in my head, but I don't think the day will come that GA's are going to be offered for that price.
However you never know what happens when time's running out for people to get rid of their tickets.

Like 10 days back, someone was offering 2 GA's for face at first come, first serve.
Of course, I wasn't first to respond.
Which was too bad really.

ramblin rose said:
Well, this show capped off one of the greatest days of my life.

I am one happy camper.:happy: You know that picture of Bono where he's captured in flight, well I think I jumped higher than that tonight when they played Fast Cars. When they did the standard encore and went into WOWY and then came out and did ABOY I had lost all hope. Then after ABOY Larry started the Fast Cars drumming and I totally lost it. Bono went to the back put on his cowboy hat and went into it. It was much much better than the versions I heard on the 7th & 8th. Then towards the end he grabbed a Mexican flag from the audience and did this sound that I can't describe but if you heard it you'd know and then him and Edge went into their Fast Cars dance. It was absolutely fantastic. Then at the end of the song he had the audience do the oohh's, (the way the song starts) for the extended ending.

I really hope I get to see him again because I'd love to tell him how much hearing that song tonight meant to me.

It was funny because as it started he said we've only played this song 7 times so far this tour (although I think its over 10) :lol: I felt a little better after saying the Discoteque thing earlier in the day. :huh:

Well goodnight folks, I'm going to sleep as I have a four hour drive back to Dallas tomorrow morning.

I can do the stream tomorrow so I'll text Gorman tomorrow to see if he or someone else will be available to broadcast it.

I hope I can go to sleep.:ohmy:

Woohoo!!

RR, I've said if before, but I'm so :happy: for you!!
:D

I feel like I'm bursting of joy!
:combust:

I hope tomorrow (and it's show) will be as good as this one for you.

So we might be able to listen to a live-stream again tomorrow?
I'm already :drool:ing at the thought of it and I don't even know if I'll be around.
Pretty good chance I am though.

Last edited:
One last thing:

Halup, I like what you had to say about the ticket-buying and your whole attitude towards it.

Right up my alley.
(aka we seem to think along the same lines)

ramblin rose said:
Well, this show capped off one of the greatest days of my life.

I am one happy camper.:happy: You know that picture of Bono where he's captured in flight, well I think I jumped higher than that tonight when they played Fast Cars. When they did the standard encore and went into WOWY and then came out and did ABOY I had lost all hope. Then after ABOY Larry started the Fast Cars drumming and I totally lost it. Bono went to the back put on his cowboy hat and went into it. It was much much better than the versions I heard on the 7th & 8th. Then towards the end he grabbed a Mexican flag from the audience and did this sound that I can't describe but if you heard it you'd know and then him and Edge went into their Fast Cars dance. It was absolutely fantastic. Then at the end of the song he had the audience do the oohh's, (the way the song starts) for the extended ending.

I really hope I get to see him again because I'd love to tell him how much hearing that song tonight meant to me.

It was funny because as it started he said we've only played this song 7 times so far this tour (although I think its over 10) :lol: I felt a little better after saying the Discoteque thing earlier in the day. :huh:

Well goodnight folks, I'm going to sleep as I have a four hour drive back to Dallas tomorrow morning.

I can do the stream tomorrow so I'll text Gorman tomorrow to see if he or someone else will be available to broadcast it.

I hope I can go to sleep.:ohmy:

Fast Cars :happy:

It was a great show - my first with GA tix. We didn't get there until 8ish - fully knowing we wouldn't make it into the ellipse - and ended up about 2/3 the way back in the back section. It was the earliest we could make it. Of course, we only paid $50/each for the tix so we didn't mind that much. I was amazed at the view even from there!

Ran into 2 ladies before the show (from Galveston) at Taco Cabana who's truck had stalled out. It was a daughter and a mom and the daughter had won tix to the show on the Buzz (94.5 FM) by getting the mom to cuss on the radio. We offered them a ride to the concert but the mom was kind of freaking out about the truck. So inevitably, they decided they wanted to sell their tix. So we gave them a ride to Toyota Center so they could sell the tix, then they had to get a ride back and get the truck towed to Galveston. We gave them all sorts of scenarios of how they could still go to the show and not worry about it: "check into a hotel and just tow it tomorrow"..."just leave it here for a few hours"... Bad enough they ended up not going but these were tickets that they had WON!

Two points about the show. I loved all of Bono's comments about the recent hurricanes and how everyone had "pulled together". It was really classy, and nice.

Also, I also love how Bono seemed "surprised" by the amazing crowd reaction. Its typical reaction of any artist that performs in Houston (or anywhere in Texas I think for that matter). Its usually followed by "I'm sorry we haven't been here in 15 years" or "I'm sorry we're only doing one date here" :) U2 could have easily sold out 2 nights here. The ticket prices never went down on e-bay.

I've been to a couple of shows here where the artist decided to us the Houston show as a live recording (on a single or whatever) because the crowd was so crazy.

Back
Top Bottom