Hoping U2 tour Australia/NZ etc...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
No way in hell i could make it to any of those places,
but considering how good the setlists and performances have gotten it would be a shame if the band called it a day on the vertigo tour after leg 3 in the US, don't you think?
I bet we'd hear some really cool shit.

HelloAngel said:
Given recent comments by Edge, it doesn't look likely. Which would be a real shame. :sad:

Check it out here: http://www.interference.com/u2139786/index.html

Actually, given recent comments from various sources, it's looking more likely.

I'm wondering if Edge's comments are just thinking ahead to after a fourth leg - i.e. not coming back to Europe and North America.

Axver said:

Actually, given recent comments from various sources, it's looking more likely.

I'm wondering if Edge's comments are just thinking ahead to after a fourth leg - i.e. not coming back to Europe and North America.

Ok, Axver, after all the lobbying we are all doing for U2 to come to Australia and New Zealand you got to promise us free bootlegs if / when the 4th leg gets announced... :up:

DignityPassesBy said:

what recent comments are these?

How do you like the sound of U2 coming here in March? I've three separate good sources saying this, one with details of venues.

I find this remarkable because until now, all sources disagreed with each other, but now they seem to be starting to correlate.

Axver said:

How do you like the sound of U2 coming here in March? I've three separate good sources saying this, one with details of venues.

I find this remarkable because until now, all sources disagreed with each other, but now they seem to be starting to correlate.

Hmmm this sounds good that will give them enough time to record another cd they did zooropa in about the same amount of time.

bono_man2002 said:
when someone makes a time machine, Aussie U2 fan's will get to see their favourite band again.

Yeah, waiting until March is just too damn long. :wink:

Bloody hell, I've seen four sources now on this and I hope it's right.

Can I ask this...

Have you seen any sources on here that we haven't been made aware of on here? Because if not, then all sources have said that no contract has been signed. Not exactly encouraging considering U2 has pulled out of commented plans to tour Aus/NZ on every tour since Pre-UF.

If I were a promoter I would be waiting see how CP tickets sell when they go on sale in 7 days - that would give me a bit of a worse case scenario.

my guess is that dates for Australia/New Zealand won't be announced until January.. In December many U2.com subscriptions will expire... they're waiting for everyone to renew those subscriptions.....

i bet we hear an announcement within a month

maybe the same time they announce the details of the chicago dvd :hmm:

timothius said:
Can I ask this...

Have you seen any sources on here that we haven't been made aware of on here? Because if not, then all sources have said that no contract has been signed. Not exactly encouraging considering U2 has pulled out of commented plans to tour Aus/NZ on every tour since Pre-UF.

If I were a promoter I would be waiting see how CP tickets sell when they go on sale in 7 days - that would give me a bit of a worse case scenario.

See, this is why I'm not trumpeting it as "it's going to happen", but just "word on the street" - and it's pissing me the hell off to know this could all potentially go up in smoke. Apparently the final details are being hammered out.

It does give me comfort though to see the sources lining up in agreement unlike a month ago where we couldn't get any kind of agreement out of them - you had an arena tour in January, or a possible stadium tour in March, or no tour, or ...

Bono now has a speaking engagement in Washington on February 3rd, so it appears that the band will take at least Janaury and early February off, so the March rumors for Australia make more sense than the original January-February time frame.

I get the feeling that a U2 tour early next year in Australia/Nz is getting less likely.

You say we may still get them in March..Commonwealth games are on in Melbourne and alot of venues are not available for several weeks either side of this event.

If they are going to come I'm thinking more like second half of next year( all just too far away).

ColdPlay was interviewed on Rove(Tv program) and they said they'd be here in February and there coming in July.Rumors of a concert at Optus Oval(Melbourne) turn out to be Big Day Out. Seems all rumored dates that I've heard of have been booked by other bands...

Any sign or little word from U2 that they were still planning on coming here next year will go along way to keeping fans happy..

janneane said:
I get the feeling that a U2 tour early next year in Australia/Nz is getting less likely.

You say we may still get them in March..Commonwealth games are on in Melbourne and alot of venues are not available for several weeks either side of this event.

Disagree. The signs of a tour have actually been getting more positive in recent weeks after a few months where things seemed to be getting progressively bleaker. I do agree Melbourne's problematic, though, and I think that's why we haven't had an announcement yet.

But yeah, I agree with Chizip. Hopefully there'll be an announcement within a month.

Back
Top Bottom