Honolulu Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first ever setlist party; I'll be here for as long as I can, sitting in my union suit (chilly Albany weather) and being the semi-official scribe for my school band in writing out part of the Marriage of Figaro. I'm not sure how long I can stay (and the night would be enough...) What sort of material do Rocko and the Devils play?

Axver said:

6:30pm: Rocko and the Devils
7:15pm: Pearl Jam
9pm: U2

... 11pm: the glorious headlining act, AXVER AND THE QUIET MINORITY!!! :combust:

:rockon:

And on 12:00pm U2 return to play Vertigo last time on the tour , 3rd time in da nite

J_NP said:
So i'm thinking :

6pm Rocko Devils
7pm PJ
9pm U2 ?
10:45pm U-Jam
:wink:

My guess:

6pm Rocko
7pm-8:15 - Pearl Jam
9ish - U2
10:45pm - UJam w/ Billie Joe
11pm-1am Traffic Jam

My spies also tell me that Rick Rubin is in town to do a ZZ Top cover duet with Joe O'Herlihy and the Devils.

u2fp

timothius said:

We win a few prelude races against Alanghi & other challangers - so I'm fairly confident re: The Mug.

There is a three word explination as to how we will win the CWC, Fleming, Vettori, Bond.

If you just want a one word answer... Bond.

Yeah, we've done well in the yachting so I'm pretty excited about the America's Cup. It should still be close though.

But there's no way we can win the cricket on the backs of just three players. The rest of our team is hopeless, and half the time, Fleming's batting fails to fire anyway. And we all know Bond's injury woes. If he's not healthy, we might as well just not turn up, or just send Daniel Vettori because he's as good as the rest of the team combined.

whats up peoples??? staying in tonight, havent been to a setlist party for awhile.

did our boys come on yet???

coolian2 said:

Actually, we need something resembling a top order.

Does Damien Martyn have an NZ great grandparent?

Agreed, we have been missing a top order since ~1990 (Crowe, Wright, Jones et al). But the fact we bat so deep (test centuries to number 10) has helped us get by. But I do like the look of Peter Fulton and Ross Taylor. Add Fleming, find Vincent or Astle some form and you have a top order. :happy: Conversley promote Vettori to a genunine batting position.

Funny you should say that, I'm pretty sure Damien Martyn shares a grandmother with Nathan Fien. :wink:

This is vaguely on topic as Damien Martyn takes the catch at the end of the Whats On TV? segment of ZooTV Sydney.

I think Rocko and the Devils are going to open with Eleanor Rigby and play 5 other songs. They only get half an hour

timothius said:

Funny you should say that, I'm pretty sure Damien Martyn shares a grandmother with Nathan Fien. :wink:

This is vaguely on topic as Damien Martyn takes the catch at the end of the Whats On TV? segment of ZooTV Sydney.

So we should get two games out of Martyn before the ARL blow the whistle on him...or would it be the ACB?

I'm kinda pissed off that that prick Tony Greig is immortalised forever on a U2 release.

Here's the set list

Vertigo
Out of Control
Elevation
Eletric Co
Still Haven't Found
Beautiful Day
Bad
COBL
WITS
Sometimes
Love and Peace
Sunday
Bullet
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Streets
One
----------------------------------
Zoo Station
Fly
Ultra Violet
WOWY
----------------------------------
OoTS
One Tree Hill
Kite
-----------------------------------
Vertigo *
Rockin The Free World *

Last ones with PJ

:wink: At least What I predict

just for fun if u guys could pick one song that U2 would play tonight what would it be? Probably more fun if u pick one that is not regularly played for Vertigo Tour. Mine would be Heartland ha first time in history i can dream i guess

timothius said:

We dominated the mid-late 80's on the back of one, imagine what we can do with three. :drool:

Touche.

If Bond and Vettori are healthy and our batters can at least hold their own, we can demolish any top order that the world throws at us.

But our top order HAS to perform consistently at a satisfactory level. And I don't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom