holy smokes, what a show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgerulz

Acrobat
just got back from the show. unbelieveable. very hard rocking
here is the set list
cobl
vertigo (w/stories for boys)
electric co (w/i can see for miles)
an cat dubh/into the heart
beautiful day
NYD
miracle drug
sometimes
love and peace (bono on drums at the end)
SBS
bullet w/hands that built america
running to stand still
zoo station
fly (unbelievably rockin)
elevation
break
pride
streets
one
aboy
yahweh

i can't wait for the mp3s. this is going to be a great tour.

glad u had a good time, sounded amazing!!!! any personal highlights? there are some pics on the net, the whole set up looks great.

Can't wait until the move up to Anaheim and L.A. 40 is on there of course after Yahweh?

They showed the beginning on the L.A. news stations, and all the hands reaching out to Bono from insider the hole.

they need to DROP elevation! who the hell told them that this song was listenable.

elevation is one of the worst songs off 2000! some one needs to tell u2 that!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'd take Elevation over Stuck any time and I was glad to see Stuck was in fact dropped... for now. Even so, I don't think Stuck would of mattered in the heavy mother of a rock show this setlist shows it was.

I agree Stuck gets on my nerves especially combined with that crappy football video.

It's a cracking set list, although im not sure about playing three eighties songs so early on (electric co / an cat dubh/into the heart)

Nice to see zoo station make a return.

No sign of lemon despite the rehearsals

for the peeps who went to the show, did they do the "text messaging" during one? if so, how did it work out?

what an amazing show!

and as a side note, i really like elevation. And obviously, the crowd loved it too. So take your opinion that it is something u2 should be told to never play again, and stick it in the yoke! :) i'm just messin of course.. but really, it's not that bad, and it is an amazingly fun song live.

the text messaging thing popped up after 40 i believe, but bono talked about it during one.

another thing i wasn't expecting was that the human rights video was like.. what, 9 minutes i was told? But what we were shown was more like 1 minute or maybe 2.. nothing worth bitching over, and i thought it was done very well. Either way, to hear zoo station blast to life made you quickly forget any opinions about bono mixing his jobs up.

Such a great show. The energy.. if only i could bottle that! haha..
i have a math class in a few hours to be up for.. so i really need to go to bed.. i can barely move i'm so sore..

what a day, huh?

from soaking.. to a burned face and neck.. to having my hair blown in the wind all day.. to the freezing cold whipping around the building.. to the mad rush for a spot, only to get shoved behind some 6 foot 5 asshole in a red shirt who stood there with his girl the whole show not moving or singing, just blocking our views and looking like a pillar of stupidity.. to slipping on confetti and sticking it in my pocket! haha.. i think i'm gonna collapse now..

But holy crap people.. be sure to bring your wallets full to the brim.. the merch on this tour is insanely expensive.

ohh... and the fly sucked on this tour. I preffered the Bono that actualy uses the catwalk on Elevation. Sure its all "rocked" out... but i prefered the flirty "macphisto" bono when he ran in circles and such. Now he just stands in the center. When it began, i though he was gonna do that cause he said "HE"S BACK!!"

Last edited:
TheFlyOnTheWall said:
Is it okay to bring digital cameras? :eyebrow:

only if everyone rushed the door like tonight. I noticed practically no one in the "SOUTH" entrance was being searched... at all! I now regret not taking my digi.

hmm... interesting..
everyone i was with LOVED the fly. I thought it was a very rockin version. Maybe it was just the crowd i was surrounded with.

Don't be so hard on "Elevation" until you see this show. I thought it fit well and really rocked. It's reworked, and actually sounded really well where it was.

I really missed UTEOTW...and the way Bono and the Edge would interact....wonder if they will alternate this with The Fly?

Agree about the catwalk being under utilized...

Roland of Gilead said:
I'd take Elevation over Stuck any time and I was glad to see Stuck was in fact dropped... for now. Even so, I don't think Stuck would of mattered in the heavy mother of a rock show this setlist shows it was.

Totally agree. Stuck is a very poor U2 song. In fact i fucking hate it. On the Boston Elevation, going from U.T.E.O.T.W to stuck is a real kick in the Nads. Personally I dont mind elevation so much either. Please U2, Please please play u.t.e.o.t.w at twickenham.

Sounds like a great show! Just the thought of getting to see Zoo Station and The Fly again.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom