Hmmm wonder what this means

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buttercup67

The Fly
This was taken from an article in the Los Angeles Times on thursday. Sorry if someone already posted this.

"I spoke to the Ticketmaster people on Tuesday and they reported over 2 million hits within a very short period of time," said Arthur Fogel, president of Clear Channel Entertainment's TNA Productions division, which is promoting the Vertigo tour. "Obviously this caught everybody off guard, and everything possible is being done to make sure people are satisfied. We're looking at a whole range of options in terms of freeing up more inventory and addressing the technical side of the process."

Fogel said U2.com members will be contacted early next week with information on what measures will be taken to mollify disgruntled fans. That could include priority access for shows that are expected to be added to the existing dates, or to additional concerts on a second U.S. leg of the tour this fall."

Given that they've already sold out extra dates, is this just more bullsh*t or could they be holding back tickets from all of the shows that went on sale today? That would be great, especially for those who still have no tickets. But it's probably too good to be true. Guess we'll have to wait until next week to find out.:hmm:

Actually, this appeared on Friday in the LA Times. Just want to make sure I'm giving accurate info.

Last edited:
I think promoters usually reserve a certain number of tickets each show. That story might be accurate. They might let loose some of those tickets held in reserve.

Back
Top Bottom