hmm what do people make of this quote?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
OASIS KEEPING IT CHEAP

OASIS star NOEL GALLAGER has attacked rock contemporaries U2 and THE ROLLING STONES for ripping off fans who see them perform live.

The WONDERWALL band are about to embark on a summer (05) tour to promote their forthcoming album DON'T BELIEVE THE TRUTH - and are determined to keep ticket prices low, so ordinary fans can afford to see them perform.

But Gallagher is angry other bands charge up to $190 (GBP100) for tickets.

He says, "It saddens me when I see bands like the Stones and U2 charging so much. They don't need the f**king money."

Is this the same Noel who responded to fans complaining Oasis shows were only 1:10 long by telling them to "fuck off."?

Bono's Betty said:
It's true.:reject:

(but I still paid it)
well........ if you have ever seen an oasis concert, they have NOTHING on the stage, and are still charging £40 to U2's £50 for GA'S,

:yes: Seems like a fair enough quote to me. Of course they can charge whatever they like (before y'all come down on me like ton of bricks), but many fans simply won't be able to afford a ticket at the current rates.
Surely the lads could scrape by after this tour, if they charged a little less?

MrBrau1 said:
Is this the same Noel who responded to fans complaining Oasis shows were only 1:10 long by telling them to "fuck off."?
nope thats his brother liam...... a total tosser, actually bono and noal where meant to be good friends, but seeing quotes like that make me think otherwise

I have to agree that the ticket prices are high...but I still bought them. :reject:

i remember there was a big uproar over u2 ticket prices for elevation

there wasnt that same uproar this time around, probably because we are now used to getting it up the pooper when it comes to ticket prices

Chizip said:
i remember there was a big uproar over u2 ticket prices for elevation

there wasnt that same uproar this time around, probably because we are now used to getting it up the pooper when it comes to ticket prices
but still am just comparing the 2, and oasis are still charing £35 a ticket for the UK leg of the tour..... so only £15 difference?

KUEFC09U2 said:
but still am just comparing the 2, and oasis are still charing £35 a ticket for the UK leg of the tour..... so only £15 difference?

is the 35 pound ticket oasis' most expensive ticket? if so then you should probably compare it to u2's most expensive ticket, rather than their cheapest

BWU2Buffs said:
Hmmm guess we can probably cross Oasis off the supporting act list -- it was a longshot at best even before this appeared.
why would anyone even want them? imo there quite poor, there set at glastonbury was a disgrace, liam gallagher is nothing more than an arrogant little runt,

Chizip said:

is the 35 pound ticket oasis' most expensive ticket? if so then you should probably compare it to u2's most expensive ticket, rather than their cheapest
just talking about GA, in an arena (newcastle), didnt find the highest priced ticket

i just checked and it looks like all seats for the oasis tour is 32.50

compare that to the 45-85 it costs to go to a u2 show and it is signifcantly cheaper

plus, oasis is playing arenas, while u2 is playing stadiums, staidums should be cheaper anyway...

edited to say i see oasis is playing both stadiums and arenas, so maybe my last point isnt quite as valid

Last edited:
He May Have A Point.... But!! At Least With U2 You Know Their Going To Show Up EVERYNIGHT.... With Oasis You Never Know What You're Going To Get... Besides.... At Least They've Had More Than Solid Album In The Past 10 Years,

As For The Stones... Way Over Rated, Watching A Group That Hasn't Really Mattered In 20 Years

The problem is that charging less than real/market values encourages scalping. GA tickets are a great example. They're desirable and cheaper than market value. The gap between face value and real value is filled in by scalpers and brokers who can make a buck in the secondary market because they can sell the tix for a heck of a lot more than they need to buy them. They can do this with confidence because they know that you'll pay more than $50 for a GA ticket.

The fact that every show sells out within less that 30 minutes after it's announced probably tells you that the face value of U2 tix is already less than the market value.

I agree that tickets are expensive, though. I'm just not sure Mr. Gallagher knows what he's talking about or isn't letting his ego get to him. Oasis CAN'T charge the same money as U2 and the Stones and maybe that's a sore spot for him? After all, this is the same Noel Gallagher who mused that Oasis was the greates rock band ever.

Jon

Last edited:
Chizip said:
i just checked and it looks like all seats for the oasis tour is 32.50

compare that to the 45-85 it costs to go to a u2 show and it is signifcantly cheaper

plus, oasis is playing arenas, while u2 is playing stadiums, staidums should be cheaper anyway...
stadiums are dearer belive it or not, extra costs for security, catering, and obviously equiptment,

and dont forget oasis dont really put on much of a stage show,

but anyway, dont really care what they think, load of crap anyway, and i am now departing too my bed

night all

KUEFC09U2 said:
stadiums are dearer belive it or not, extra costs for security, catering, and obviously equiptment,

and dont forget oasis dont really put on much of a stage show,

yeah but if you are playing to 60,000 people rather than 20,000 people you will be making 3 times as much from tickets, which would easily cover the extra security and equipment and stuff, with plenty left over

u2 didnt put up much of a stage show for elevation and still charged an arm and a leg, and the only thing they added for this tour was the curtain of lights

i dont really have too much of a problem with how much u2 is charging, but it is true that oasis is charging quite a bit less, but in my opinion its probably quite a bit less of a show anyway

i still cant believe that u2 only charged 25 bucks for zootv tickets, now those were the days :drool:

Last edited:
U2 have found a way to keep their karma in check by selling the best tix for $50. That's the only real saving grace for them. If the GA were $160 a pop, they'd be going to hell.

What is the average tix price for the Vertigo tour?

i bought 2 tickets to vegas in the general sale and it cost 397 dollars :yikes:

400 bucks to see a show puts a dent in the wallet

Honestly - I expected tickets to be even more than what they are charging. Plenty of people have performed here in toronto charging $250+

As for Noell's comments..... maybe the guy is just upset with the fact that U2 still have NO trouble at all selling out every freaking concert on their tour even though tickets are this much....

A new Oasis album = more verbal attacks by Noel/Liam.

You've just gotta expect it...the blasts will be more frequent the closer it gets to album time...hopefully no more towards U2 though.

BGD75 said:
Honestly - I expected tickets to be even more than what they are charging. Plenty of people have performed here in toronto charging $250+

As for Noell's comments..... maybe the guy is just upset with the fact that U2 still have NO trouble at all selling out every freaking concert on their tour even though tickets are this much....

exactly. Methinks he's a tad jealous of U2's success.

Never a big fan of Oasis live. Saw them open for Popmart in Oakland and they were BORING.......

Dont let them fool you. If the demand for tickets were as high as U2 ticket prices may be closer. The last time Oasis came around here they played in an outdoor ampithearter that houses bands like Dave Mathew's, Steve Miller, and Ziggy MArley. The production cost of an Oasis show doesnt compare to a U2 show either.

OK that being said , I love the brothers
"whats the story morning glory yeaaaaa!!":dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oasis rocks!!! Can't wait to see them this summer....Of course I'm looking forward to the U2 gigs even more. About the quote, that's just Noel being Noel. I'm if U2 ever gets around to reading that quote, they won't take it worth a grain of salt. Oasis and U2 have been great friends. As recently as this past November I remember Bono saying that he can't wait to hear the new Oasis record about how they write some great tunes...

Back
Top Bottom