Heres one for ya'll, read this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jag0918

Refugee
Ok heres one for ya'll....
Now I dont care what anyone says or thinks, but yes, I DO get my balls broken for being a diehard U2 fan. I'll get into that another day. But what really makes me laugh are the idiots sometimes you talk to in, lets say casual talk w/someone in a bar about music and U2 comes up...and he'll say something like....
"Oh yea, I saw them on the JT Tour in Phila and they opened up with Helter Skelter!"...LMAO, cmon people I know someone else out there besides me has had these convos....or
"Yeah, when U2 played Bullet, and when Bono said 'I can see those fighter planes'...he looked up and fighter planes were flying overhead!"
or
"Yea I saw the Zoo tour in the 80's"

Ok, lets hear em!!...

all their songs sound the same

bono's voice is annoying

the reason bono says catorce is because its their 14th album

a try hard girl at school in year 11 said she saw zoo tv and there was this big skeleton that was dangling from the stage...lol

i proved her wrong and shouted her down when the sydney vid came out...

"All U2 songs just go 'yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah...'"

"My dad went to a U2 concert...he hated it! He said everything was red and there was smoke everywhere!!"

"Bono can't count in Spanish" (thank you, detective dipshit)

And my personal favourite:

"U2's not smart enough to write songs about BIBLE verses!"

"they played on Top Of The Pops-wankers,they stopped fucking up the mainstream"

"U2 sounds like coldplay"

"it's pop"

"The Sweetest Thing is their best song"

jeffschmid said:
i hated u2 before i saw their elevation dvd... their recordings are shit...

this wasnt me making fun of someone who would say this by the way... this is ME saying this... defending people who think u2 suck... cuz if you only hear them on the radio, they do suck...

U2 aren't rock they aren't loud enough

U2 suck............ ,I've only heard 1 song.............by the way beautiful day is good

I like their old stuff...

If Bono cares so much, why doesn't he give some of his money...

The Edge can't solo...

I don't like politics in my music...

I've had two fairly recently:

"I saw them on the Rattle and Hum tour at the Georgia Dome."
-uh, Rattle and Hum tour? missed that one:huh: and the Ga. Dome wasn't built yet anyway when that album came out. I did ask if they meant ZooTv but they said "Hell no".

"I like that song they do called War." :scratch:

U2dork said:
I've had two fairly recently:

"I saw them on the Rattle and Hum tour at the Georgia Dome."
-uh, Rattle and Hum tour? missed that one:huh: and the Ga. Dome wasn't built yet anyway when that album came out. I did ask if they meant ZooTv but they said "Hell no".

"I like that song they do called War." :scratch:

lmao

At Twickenham, someone in the row asked if I'd seen them before - when I replied that my first gig was nearly 20 years ago - she said "Whatever did they play? - they didn't really do much before The Joshua Tree" -
I am telling you, I had to be restrained!!!

I met this guy once he was supposedly a U2 fan:eyebrow:...so he asked me what my favorite U2 songs were i named Bad...he was like Bad?...i never heard that song before, are you sure its U2?...

I almost had a fit!...:rant:...

"Was U2 album called October because it released in October?"

"God Part II, where's God Part I?"

I am done, I feel bad now. :huh:

Numbology said:
"The Sweetest Thing is their best song"

I'll tell you what's even madder than that, people saying Vertigo is their best song. Oh shit, people on here have said that. :sad:

My friend's experience that he just told me: I went to a youth conference, and this girl I was with was like "I love this new song. It's by this new artist. Their first album is amazing, I can't believe it I listen to it all the time." She was listening to the first track of "Now 18", so I was like "Oh, really? Lemme listen."
CD Player: "... hello, hello, I'm in a place called VERTIGO..."
me: Sandy... Sandy, this is U2
Sandy: Yeah? They're great. Have you heard of them before?
me: Sandy... *laughing my ass off* They've... been ... around for like, 25 years. They have around 10 albums. Have I heard of them? I saw them in Chicago and I've got General Admission to Cleveland. What are you smoking? They're first album came out 11 years before you were born..
"Nu-uh! Now has only NEW Artists"
..."Except not, because I have over 200 songs of theirs. If they're new, they recorded a heck of a lot of music before they made their 'first album"

Oh and I also love: "I'm sorry about Bono"
Me: "What do you mean? What are you sorry about?"
"You know. That he has AIDS and all."
"...Bono doesn't have AIDS."
"He doesn't? I think he does, he talks about it all the time..."

I basically get the "All the songs sound the same" line. It actually doesn't bother me too much, though, since the person in question is only talking about the hits off of maybe two albums.

The more educated criticism I've gotten is "Edge stole his sound off of Tom Verlaine and Television."

And I can't believe that so many teenagers today aren't familiar with the work of the WORLDS MOST POPULAR ROCK BAND. I was in high school 5-10 years ago and it seems like then everyone was at least familiar with U2 and their most well-known songs. Kids that weren't fans went to Popmart because U2 was a legendary band you had to see, like the Rolling Stones. It's incredible how the teen pop phenomenon effected a whole generation of kids.
:shrug:

You ready for this...I mean seriously ready for this one...

I'm in the local pub having a beer or three with a friend, when I casually mention I'm going to the Elevation gig in Manchester in August '01. The guy next to me turns around and says:

"F**king Fenians - everyone knows they donate concert fees to the IRA"

My friend stepped in-between us, which was probably a good thing really. :mad:

Sadly it's not isolated. I used to have a website with a large part of it dedicated to U2, but I also posted comments on the religious bigotry that's all too common in my part of the world. A visitor sent me this email:

"U2 - Best band in the world? Considering they sing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" that makes you a hypocrite when you say you're against bigotry"

If these people didn't actually believe what they were saying, it could almost be funny.

Sad eh?

stevec said:
You ready for this...I mean seriously ready for this one...

I'm in the local pub having a beer or three with a friend, when I casually mention I'm going to the Elevation gig in Manchester in August '01. The guy next to me turns around and says:

"F**king Fenians - everyone knows they donate concert fees to the IRA"

My friend stepped in-between us, which was probably a good thing really. :mad:

Sadly it's not isolated. I used to have a website with a large part of it dedicated to U2, but I also posted comments on the religious bigotry that's all too common in my part of the world. A visitor sent me this email:

"U2 - Best band in the world? Considering they sing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" that makes you a hypocrite when you say you're against bigotry"

If these people didn't actually believe what they were saying, it could almost be funny.

Sad eh?

:shocked:

That person, must have had an IQ of 36.

Back
Top Bottom