Heres one for ya'll, read this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:
all their songs sound the same

a lot of people say that to me, i thing maybe their early stuff they are referring to.

for the most part though everyone i talk to likes them or repsects them.

stevec said:
You ready for this...I mean seriously ready for this one...

I'm in the local pub having a beer or three with a friend, when I casually mention I'm going to the Elevation gig in Manchester in August '01. The guy next to me turns around and says:

"F**king Fenians - everyone knows they donate concert fees to the IRA"

My friend stepped in-between us, which was probably a good thing really. :mad:

Sadly it's not isolated. I used to have a website with a large part of it dedicated to U2, but I also posted comments on the religious bigotry that's all too common in my part of the world. A visitor sent me this email:

"U2 - Best band in the world? Considering they sing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" that makes you a hypocrite when you say you're against bigotry"

If these people didn't actually believe what they were saying, it could almost be funny.

Sad eh?

That's horrible.

Television :drool:

My favorites are the ones like this -
"oh, I used to like their old stuff"
"they sold out"
"they are too mainstream now"

As if commercial success and quality, relevant music are somehow mutually exclusive. That's annoying.

AtomicBono said:
My friend's experience that he just told me: I went to a youth conference, and this girl I was with was like "I love this new song. It's by this new artist. Their first album is amazing, I can't believe it I listen to it all the time." She was listening to the first track of "Now 18", so I was like "Oh, really? Lemme listen."
CD Player: "... hello, hello, I'm in a place called VERTIGO..."
me: Sandy... Sandy, this is U2
Sandy: Yeah? They're great. Have you heard of them before?
me: Sandy... *laughing my ass off* They've... been ... around for like, 25 years. They have around 10 albums. Have I heard of them? I saw them in Chicago and I've got General Admission to Cleveland. What are you smoking? They're first album came out 11 years before you were born..
"Nu-uh! Now has only NEW Artists"
..."Except not, because I have over 200 songs of theirs. If they're new, they recorded a heck of a lot of music before they made their 'first album"

Oh and I also love: "I'm sorry about Bono"
Me: "What do you mean? What are you sorry about?"
"You know. That he has AIDS and all."
"...Bono doesn't have AIDS."
"He doesn't? I think he does, he talks about it all the time..."

YEAH and when people about Bono admitting he was gay.....LMAO

neutral said:
The inane line I get most often is from this person who thinks U2 is too "cheerful and happy happy", he's only heard Beautiful Day and refuses to listen to anything else. :yawn:

That's pretty much how most of my friends act. They think U2 is a big pop band. And they use Beautiful Day as the main exemple. They don't even bother to pay attention to BD's awesome riff during the chorus. :|

"I used to like them when the Joshua Tree was out"

"Achtung Baby was crap"

"Bono gets on my nerves"

"Yeah, I have their greatest hits and would love to see them live"

"What's Zooropa"

"They sold out at Live Aid"

"The Edge only knows one riff"

"The name of the bass player and the drummer? Erm...er...Alan something and erm...."

"U2 are British rockers"

"In the name of love, ONE MAN in the name of love"

"Yeh, The Edge man...he's bald..huh?"

Back
Top Bottom