HELP - Brisbane rehearsal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_kite

War Child
Hi

OK...I need your help. I heard rumours U2 rehearsed KITE in Brisbane..and I am freaking out, because KITE is the song of my life and I am flying to Australia next wednesday...I would like to confirm this..has anyone heard anything else about this?

Thanxs

No-one's actually heard Kite, because U2 have been rehearsing inside thus far (but will apparently be moving outside onto the stage today), but Bono told fans that they are rehearsing Kite and plan to do something special with it. So I guess we'll see what comes of that ...

When and where do you guys think we will here news about rehersals? You think it will be in interviews or will it be from fans who are actually there? I am so excited to hear how they are sounding and what they are playing!

Still_Running44 said:
When and where do you guys think we will here news about rehersals? You think it will be in interviews or will it be from fans who are actually there? I am so excited to hear how they are sounding and what they are playing!

I'll probably be at the stadium this afternoon and tomorrow, so I'll report back on what I hear.

alright awesome I cant wait to here so wht time you think they will rehearse tomorrow i am in eastern time so i guess I am abt a day behind austalia so

Still_Running44 said:
alright awesome I cant wait to here so wht time you think they will rehearse tomorrow i am in eastern time so i guess I am abt a day behind austalia so

Eastern US time? It's 15 hours behind the Australian east coast (well, 16 hours behind most of it right now due to daylight savings, but we don't have daylight savings in Brisbane). As a comparison, 6am US eastern is 9pm Australian eastern.

So you should probably look for some news Monday morning your time. Maybe late Sunday night if U2 rehearse early in the day or if we post live to U2-Vertigo-Tour.com (I'm not sure if we're going to try posting directly from the stadium during rehearsals or not).

i'm leaving for the stadium shortly, going to be there for a couple of hours......

hope to see some of you there s'arvo! look for a guy in a signed vertigo 05 t-shirt and fly goggles :wink:

ok i just got home from ANZ, i ended up meeting up with axver and afew non-interference people and we saw no members of the band sadly :( and as of when i left at 4:05, there was no rehersal as such...

BUT

there was someone working on guitar parts, and we sent someone up a gum tree with binoculas who confirmed that it was mr the edge!

stuff he worked on:

cobl
bad
vertigo
i will follow

and maybe one or two more that i cant remember atm.... he also messed around with afew guitar parts that i found unfamiliar

quad

Hey, quadcaster, did you hear Bad before I got there? Because I don't remember that. The four songs played while I was there were COBL (intro quite extensively), Vertigo, Elevation, I Will Follow.

Also, it was cool to meet you! :wave:

From ZOOTOPIA:
Hi all the boys are rehearsing tonight in Brisbane and Jane has just text me what they have rehearsed so far in order, she is on a hill overlooking the stadium

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until the End of the World
New Years Day
KITE
Walk On
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment
Sometimes
Love and Peace (oooooh samurai time) *thud*

wooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo

are we gonna have some fun

Axver said:
Hey, quadcaster, did you hear Bad before I got there? Because I don't remember that. The four songs played while I was there were COBL (intro quite extensively), Vertigo, Elevation, I Will Follow.

Also, it was cool to meet you! :wave:

ax, i think you were there when edge fiddled with it, but i wasnt talking to you at the time so im not sure what you were doing....

it was really great to meet you too mate, i'll keep an eye out for you 2morow and tuesday ;)

and that rehersed set, WOW thats fucking awsome!!!!!!!

Edge also messed wit a ZooTv-ish mega riff, I was too tired and dazed to notice whether it was Fly, EBTTRT or MW in the few seconds though :reject:

For Kite fans - they spent a LOT of time on that later in the rehearsal. Most other songs they just ran through once, but they spent ages on Kite. So I guess it's guaranteed (unless they don't get any better at it :wink: )

do we have a reasonably full setlist of what they played last night?

goodness me, i cant wait for 2night! cant wait to see you guys there again :wink:

Either November 5, or 6 they will rehearse the exact setlist for the show come November 7. So if you are at the stadium camping out that is the setlist for the next day.

Super_Fan said:
Either November 5, or 6 they will rehearse the exact setlist for the show come November 7. So if you are at the stadium camping out that is the setlist for the next day.

There's no rule that says that.

Note 26 March 2006. It didn't have the same set as 28 March 2006.

oscar08 said:
U2 will be on Rove on Tuesday. Channel 10

The concert is Tuesday night?

Rove is at 9:30pm, Live cross to the show do you reckon? or will they pre record for it?

I'm sure someone will capture this and post at aussietorrents.com

Pre-recorded. Rove does have two studios though - one in Melbourne and an identical one at Global Studios in Sydney - specificaly built so that he can still catch international guests 'in the studio' who don't/won't make the trek to Melbourne just for a 10 minute chat. Those Sydney shows are usually pre-recorded in the late afternoon.

Private jet/chopper/record interview/chopper/private jet between the G.Coast & Sydney could take in total just over 3 hours. Not difficult, but highly unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom