HELP - Brisbane rehearsal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
larri09 said:

Absolutely true!!!

You've been hitting the red wines again, haven't ya?? :tongue:

I could see them doing the odd Kyle snippet at some point tho...

With regards to the afternoon rehearsal...it was basically just Edge going over some riffs. He did COBL alot, a TINY bit of I Will Follow and a TINY bit of Bad. Nothing to get your hopes up for there.

Posting here is trickier than it looks. Freak me with a fishknife. I hope this doesn't start another thread.

So is anyone from here going to the stadium this afternoon?

bono_man said:
You are doing fine.

I'll be down later arvo/early evening
Cool, so late afternoon is the way to go? Also, I've only looked at the stadium from the street map. It's a big place, what particular part of the grounds should I head to? I'll be completely lost.

Thats the tough one. You need to reach the back of the venue. I 'went bush' via the university to get there. Apparently it is easier via the main road! but I dont know how to get there...

bono_man said:
Thats the tough one. You need to reach the back of the venue. I 'went bush' via the university to get there. Apparently it is easier via the main road! but I dont know how to get there...
Interesting, thanks for all the info, btw. I'll be driving there so I'm assuming I'll have to park in the streets nearby (although with all the main roads there I don't know where that'll be possible), then I'll trust you and head to the back of the venue.

I read this is how they prepared for Kite

*Kite (new version with Bono singing alone at start, then Adam joins in, then full band comes in later)

this would be cool

Anyone see someone has taped U2 rehersals from brisbane last night? who ever taped it put them on Youtube... Bono's voice sounds great!!

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:
Axver, why are the playing Walk On when they are nowhere near Burma?

Because both country names end in 'a'. Duh.

:wink:

Red Wine Again!

bono_man said:

You've been hitting the red wines again, haven't ya?? :tongue:

I could see them doing the odd Kyle snippet at some point tho...

With regards to the afternoon rehearsal...it was basically just Edge going over some riffs. He did COBL alot, a TINY bit of I Will Follow and a TINY bit of Bad. Nothing to get your hopes up for there.

mmmmm Red Wine!!!

yep, we'll be down there again tonight, red wine in tow!!!

Walk On as a full band... hmm, I think this is a good signal that Vertigo X2, 40, or Bad (as a closer) are retired.

Can anyone comment on the sound quality/clarity? Sometimes stadium shows can sound a bit iffy, how did the sound hold up for those that were listening.

Back
Top Bottom