have ticketmaster been doing day of concert ticket drops in toronto?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
hello all

just getting ready to head to Toronto but only have seats for Saturday, GAs tommorow.

have GAs been made available at the box office for day-of sales?

thx for the help.

Somebody who waited on Monday told me no GAs were released that day.

I don't know about yesterday.

I heard that for Monday`s show they only released TWO tickets in total (seats, not GA`s).

Maybe it`s because the first leg was a screw-up as far as ticket sales hence all the ticket drops prior to the shows but the 3rd leg ran more smoothly and thus less tickets available to the public?

I can confirm that they are dropping single lower bowl tickets (face value $187.50) before the shows between 3pm - 530pm. I pulled up a section 108 row 2 for the Wednesday show at 5pm and my friend actually got a pair in section 107 before the start of the Monday show. The tickets are there you just have to be patient. I tried all day for GA's on TM and they don't seem to be releasing anymore.

Oh shoot, yes, I should have clarified - I didn`t mean TM drops online but what was available at the box office on Monday....(this is what I heard anyway, didn`t witness it for myself)

And Headache, I was at the San Diego opener and plenty of tickets were available at the box office but unsure about tickets available online...

ladywithspinninghead said:
I heard that for Monday`s show they only released TWO tickets in total (seats, not GA`s).

Maybe it`s because the first leg was a screw-up as far as ticket sales hence all the ticket drops prior to the shows but the 3rd leg ran more smoothly and thus less tickets available to the public?

I bought my ticket from Monday's show just last Friday and it was in section 102, just a bit to the right of all the production equipment and computers and stuff. A couple of people were unfortunate enough to get seats a bit to the left and their view of the stage was totally obstructed (mine wasn't thankfully!) so I don't know what happened to those people, but they complained about it to one of the ushers. I don't know what happened but they weren't in those seats for the concert.

I am just still amazed I managed to snag a non-scalper priced ticket!

unoscatorce said:

I bought my ticket from Monday's show just last Friday and it was in section 102, just a bit to the right of all the production equipment and computers and stuff. A couple of people were unfortunate enough to get seats a bit to the left and their view of the stage was totally obstructed (mine wasn't thankfully!) so I don't know what happened to those people, but they complained about it to one of the ushers. I don't know what happened but they weren't in those seats for the concert.

[offtopic]

Cool, you must have been near me! I was in the fifth row, and thankfully didn't have my view blocked by the equipment. I hope you're not the one I got a little tense with because I thought you had my father's seat. :wink: If so, I'd like to apologise! I was just so worried that Ticketmaster had screwed us over and that we'd have to leave, or something like that.

[/offtopic]

GibsonGirl said:

[offtopic]

Cool, you must have been near me! I was in the fifth row, and thankfully didn't have my view blocked by the equipment. I hope you're not the one I got a little tense with because I thought you had my father's seat. :wink: If so, I'd like to apologise! I was just so worried that Ticketmaster had screwed us over and that we'd have to leave, or something like that.

[/offtopic]

I think you must have been right in front of me, and a bit to the right. I was in row 6, the second row behind the equipment. :)

Did you see Stephen Paige of the Barenaked Ladies come in to the floor area? That was cool. :wink: Another guy I was talking to pointed out Daniel Lanois as well, which was neat.

unoscatorce said:

I think you must have been right in front of me, and a bit to the right. I was in row 6, the second row behind the equipment. :)

Did you see Stephen Paige of the Barenaked Ladies come in to the floor area? That was cool. :wink: Another guy I was talking to pointed out Daniel Lanois as well, which was neat.

I have tickets for sect 122, row 26...do you think these are good seats?

snowbunny00774 said:

I have tickets for sect 122, row 26...do you think these are good seats?

Oh definitely. Actually it may even be better than where I was, looking at the seating chart, since you'll be looking down towards the stage more than I was.

ANY ticket to U2 can't be a bad one, in my opinion!:wink:

unoscatorce said:

One of these people were me and my wife. We had the sound equipment in front of us and we were a tad dissapointed, but since I was tall I was able to see over them and i thought this is not too bad. Then the usher came to us and said "If i were you I would go to customer service and complain and they'll move you somewhere else".

Reluctantly me and my wife obliged (i was afraid they would move our ass to the 300 level). We went to customer service and as if they knew already they magically upgraded our seats to the gold level, section 119, row 6!!! Way better seats than our original seats in section 102. After that, everthing was a blast. great view from the side! Ticketbastard came through for us!

Back
Top Bottom