Have any North Americans had their orders cancelled by Ticketmaster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladywithspinninghead

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I had two different codes and put each of the pre-sale purchases onto the same credit card. I called the Ticketmaster in both cities in which I will be seeing U2 (San Diego and Boston) and both times a rep. told me that my order was secure.

I'm still nervous about them cancelling it and can't book my trip to California before I know for sure my tickets are guaranteed. I've emailed them (general U.S. customer service email + local Ottawa email) but have yet to hear back.

I know folks in the U.K. have had a lot of problems and Ticketmaster has been cancelling orders that exceed 4 tickets or multiple orders on the same credit card but I'm wondering if North Americans have had the same problem or has it been merely fearmongering so far?

Also - does anyone have a tel. no. for a Ticketmaster where they've been extremely helpful and knowledgeable about this? The San Diego and Boston reps. didn't seem to know too much about the U2 pre-sale but just assumed I should be fine. Thanks!

with all the recurring problems out there I would be surprised if this happened. Besides, hotels don't charge ahead of time and most airlines airfares are refundable or editable (unless you buy the basement cheap fare which has terrible connections.)

There are no San Diego and Boston reps...Ticketmaster has only a few call centers around the country anymore and no matter where you call you generally are forwarded to them.

cmb737 said:
with all the recurring problems out there I would be surprised if this happened. Besides, hotels don't charge ahead of time and most airlines airfares are refundable or editable (unless you buy the basement cheap fare which has terrible connections.)

There are no San Diego and Boston reps...Ticketmaster has only a few call centers around the country anymore and no matter where you call you generally are forwarded to them.

Unfortunately my flight would be a cheap one with Air Canada and it's not refundable.

I'm not sure about your second point - so I didn't call San Diego or Boston even though that was the area code I dialed? I only called some call centre somewhere else? And what would this mean for me then - that because there's only so few customer service reps., they more than likely have accurate information and I should be alright?

Last edited:
A lot of us have the other person who is a fan club member at work so we had to buy their tickets for them. A lot of us live with the other person who is also a member, and it's the same address, etc. and because it was just easier I put theirs and mine on the same account, same cr cards.

and that's a very good question, because married people could have 2 memberships, and would put both of their orders on the same card, and it would be sent to the same address, and would be the same TM account probably.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I just received an email back from Ticketmaster and they said my order was secure and they will be mailing out my tickets in the next few days. *Phew*!!!

I can breathe now.........(especially because I have it in writing!)

you'll never find a single person... TM don't care, the are a huge corporation and all they want is the cash for the tickets... the threat from u2.com is hollow at best and borders on ludicrous... i had two separate orders go through on the same presale code, i called TM and explained the situation to them... i begged them to keep the tickets and give me a refund.... no dice, they were both my tickets but the CS chick and her supervisor added "they should be easy to sell" and saib i "might make some money".... HA! TM won't cancel any tickets, if you find one i'd like to seee it...

I got my pre-sale order for the 5/18 E. Rutherford show cancelled. I told them I was pissed because they changed the seating chart around AFTER I had purchased the tickets. I had to fight with them a little bit but i finally got the order cancelled.

The trick was to get it cancelled before regular on-sales began. Once regular on-sales began, it would have been too late.

The problem is now I can't use my pre-sale code anymore. I've tried using it but it doesn't work.

hcmiller said:
you'll never find a single person... TM don't care, the are a huge corporation and all they want is the cash for the tickets... the threat from u2.com is hollow at best and borders on ludicrous... i had two separate orders go through on the same presale code, i called TM and explained the situation to them... i begged them to keep the tickets and give me a refund.... no dice, they were both my tickets but the CS chick and her supervisor added "they should be easy to sell" and saib i "might make some money".... HA! TM won't cancel any tickets, if you find one i'd like to seee it...

That might be the case in North America (and lack of affirmations to this thread support that) but if you go to the thread re. Ticketmaster and the U.K., you`ll find quite a few people who have had their orders cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom