Has there ever been a song that wasn't played...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Has there ever been a song that wasn't played on the tour supporting the album it was on, but that was played on a future tour(s)? I can't think of any.

Many... Playboy Mansion and Indian Summer Sky come to mind. I think there's a site that lists the number of times each song has been played live.

Playboy Mansion? during Elevation tour? i don't think it was ever played live.

as for namkcuR's question, i've been wondering the same thing for a while now too, and i dont think it's happened before either.

U2fan05 said:
Many... Playboy Mansion and Indian Summer Sky come to mind. I think there's a site that lists the number of times each song has been played live.

those are songs they have never played period. There are several of them., usually one or two each album.

he is asking about songs that were skipped on the supporting tour and brought back later. I don't think it's ever happened and if it did, it was the early days.

Well, I guess you can put Sweetest Thing on that list. It was never performed during The Joshua Tree Tour, but it was revived 14 years later on the Elevation Tour.

U2DMfan said:

those are songs they have never played period. There are several of them., usually one or two each album.

Actually, Indian Summer Sky was played 9 times on the Unforgettable Fire tour

U2DMfan said:

he is asking about songs that were skipped on the supporting tour and brought back later. I don't think it's ever happened and if it did, it was the early days.

Indian summer sky has been played...

MacPhistoPT said:
Playboy Mansion was played 12 times on Popmart. never played since then

No it wasn't played. It was a snippet of streets...that doens;t really count does it...just Bono singing some words.

There has been nothing on an album that has come up at a later time after not being played on it's tour. The nearest is either the sweetest thing which was a jt-era b side, or 'When Love comes to town' which was never played as a u2 ''solo'' until zoo tv

Slow Dancing? Well, it's not an album track, touche, but it was played actually on the tour before it was released.

Tomorrow was played only twice on October, but it was on October, so, yeah.

SYCMIOYO was played as a snippet at the end of One at Slane, but that doesn't count either...

Yeah, I can't think of any.

Tomorrow was played a lot more on the War Tour than the October Tour, and One Tree Hill didn't become a regular until Love Town, but that's about it really.

HMHMKMKM - If it was recorded in the zooropa sessions - and then played on the Pop tour.

Velvet Dress and Wake Up Dead man are also subliminally listed and demoed on the Zooropa album - and played on the next tour.

Does Unchained Melody count?

u2fp

No album song has been skipped on its supporting tour but played on a later tour. The closest is Tomorrow, which was played three times on October and then thirty on War. Yes, Tomorrow was played THREE times on October, but we don't have a full setlist for the third (actually first) appearance, so you won't find it listed. I just know it appeared at a third show.

Re: various songs mentioned:
HMTMKMKM - technically was played on its supporting tour as Popmart was the tour that came first after its release.
Sweetest Thing - another one technically played on a supporting tour, as the Elevation Tour was the tour that came first after its single (re-)release.
Slow Dancing - this is the U2 song played the longest BEFORE its official release. It debuted live almost four years before it was commercially released, during the Lovetown Tour.

Back
Top Bottom