Hartford Setlist Watch and Party Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pretty good show tonight :up:

and i wouldnt really count that as a "cover" of help, more of a snippet as it was pretty impromptu and spontaneous, i dont even think edge had the chords right as bono joked about it.

StlElevation said:
pretty good show tonight :up:

and i wouldnt really count that as a "cover" of help, more of a snippet as it was pretty impromptu and spontaneous, i dont even think edge had the chords right as bono joked about it.

Ha! How much of Help did he sing?

Also, was Norwegian Wood done like it was in Boston, with OOTS ending and then Bono singing the cover solo with a single spotlight on him?

Axver said:

Ha! How much of Help did he sing?

Also, was Norwegian Wood done like it was in Boston, with OOTS ending and then Bono singing the cover solo with a single spotlight on him?

Help was probably a verse of it, max with it ending after the first chrous and kind of screwing around.

Norwegian wood was done with bono on the acoustic, spotlight on bono, but bono sang a solid bit more than he sang in Boston.

StlElevation said:

Help was probably a verse of it, max with it ending after the first chrous and kind of screwing around.

Norwegian wood was done with bono on the acoustic, spotlight on bono, but bono sang a solid bit more than he sang in Boston.

Cool, thanks. :)

I'm not sure if I should edit U2VT to classify Help as just a snippet then.

personally i would call it a snippet, it was similar to what theyd do for ol' man river. but honestly i dont care either way, i was just pointing it out.

was a cool snippet to hear though.

this is weird getting home before midnight after going to a show.

StlElevation said:
personally i would call it a snippet, it was similar to what theyd do for ol' man river. but honestly i dont care either way, i was just pointing it out.

was a cool snippet to hear though.

this is weird getting home before midnight after going to a show.

I tend to err on the side of caution, and it sounds like stuff I've classified as snippets before, so I've adjusted it on U2VT for the sake of consistency. Thanks for your input! Hopefully we'll have a bit of audio soon - though that doesn't necessarily make the decision of snippet-vs-full-song any easier.

It's going to be weird to see U2 where I live. The Brisbane show will be awesome, though. :drool:

I just got back from hartford. I was 4-5 rows behind the rail near the tip of the ellipse, and it was incredible. One of the most incredible experiences of my life. Bono brought a boy on stage during Sunday Bloody Sunday when he was telling the Coexist story of Abraham's sons, and it was really touching. The crowd was good, except for the drunk guy behind me who insisted on pushing closer and closer in spite of me being sandwiched between him and guy in front of me. After Bono came around once or twice, the GA crowd ended up rearranged and I didn't see him again though, and ended up surrounded by girls...lol

I was too. I got in line around 6:30PM and it started moving. They basically had an initial line, then you passed one area where they seperated fan club members into a faster moving line and regular GAers into a slower, longer line going down stairs. I think the fan club defintely helped a lot in getting good spots. I was surprised how empty the regular seats were for Institute. They were actually quite a good opener.

Just got back, great show (although practically identical to Monday night's show :( ), awesome crowd, although Bono seemed a bit tired. Not a huge amount of fan interaction like Monday night. :drool: We were first row outside of the ellipse on Adam's side.

And I nearly killed myself and my friends falling asleep while driving the two hours back :up: but they were falling asleep more than me so I took one for the team.

Last edited:
The show was good, not great. The crowd really failed to ignite fully, save for a few moments during Sunday Bloody Sunday (the kid Jacob was great) and of course, Streets. There was a heavy emphasis on Lennon/Beatles, which got no one in the building aroused.

Highlights for me:

Gloria
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Love & Peace
Until The End Of The World
Miss Sarajevo
One

Adam stood like a statue, Edge did very little moving around save for UTEOTW when he ran at an impressive clip while playing guitar. His playing was great. Bono was in fine voice, the Pavarotti bit was really awesome. I've seen more energetic performances from him, but haven't heard better singing since ZooTV.

B+

Hartford was amazing! Words cannot describe how much of an absolutely FANTASTIC time I had. Leaving home at 5 AM and not going to school was definitely worth it to be in the front row of GA.

It was only my 2nd U2 concert and I am CRAVING more. Plus I can't get over the fact that I was less than 4 feet away from the members of U2! Considering the last time I went to see them was in May in Boston and I was sitting in the 2nd to last row.

Oh my God. I am on such a u2 high right now.

My ears are still ringing from this concert experience, and it really was an experience. I wish I could recapture it, and I have to say, being there blows watching the concert DVDs away completely. It's a whole different feeling and sound. And that U2 concert was the first concert I've ever been to...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom