Hartford Setlist Watch and Party Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Instant Karma again. Interesting stuff. I really have to credit U2 for continuing to change up their sets this late into the tour!

pepokiss said:

but imagine this:

vertigo.gif
vertigo.gif
vertigo.gif

:drool: :hyper:

didn't that happen on the day they did live 8?

From u2tours.com:

December 07, 2005 / Hartford, CT

Venue: Civic Center

Opening Act(s): Institute

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, Gloria, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day - Happy Christmas (War Is Over), Original of the Species - Norwegian Wood, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One, Help

Encore(s): Until the End of the World, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Instant Karma, Yahweh, 40

Comments: On the eve of the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's murder, Bono tells the crowd 'everything we do tonight is in his memory,' and says 'Here's a song we stole from him' as the band begins Original of the Species. Lennon is mentioned several times during the show. The main set ends with a full-band version of 'Help.'

bridonohue said:

http://s37.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3R8EFYC7EN6B70VQFKJFC6O5FA

rock hottest ticket

with shine like stars and love will tear us apart snippet

another of the same - just a little too slow :reject:
sooooo good
Live At Chicago Rock's Hottest Ticket 1987-04-29
http://s64.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=02VV6RNOW46Y82245M6FC3VN7I

Time to take a computer break. Thanks for the party! Hope we have a source or at least texting for Friday's show. I have given my number to a few, and can pass along numbers if needed. PM me or post in the General Discussions thread about sourcing for shows. There's only 7 left in the U.S. - let's make the best of it!!!

:wave:

Gen. Chat said:

I looked for an ice scraper this morning and of course I couldn’t find one. I'm going to have to go out and buy one, again. Somewhere in my place I've got to have a 1/2 dozen ice scrapers. :scratch:

You don't have a u2.com membership card?? They work really well.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm glad they didn't do Bad tonight. That means there's a chance they'll play it on Friday

Hahaha, me too! I hope they play it.

I'm headed to bed. Send all your good ellipse karma my way for Friday. I'll see you for Cleveland on Saturday night (unless I decide not to blow off the English department holiday party, which is unlikely...) :wave:

Hey! They DID put the Buffalo Lennon Campaign on the front page of Interference! Hope to get some signs in the ellipse!

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm headed to bed. Send all your good ellipse karma my way for Friday. I'll see you for Cleveland on Saturday night (unless I decide not to blow off the English department holiday party, which is unlikely...) :wave:

Are you going to the show alone? If you want we could meet up, would increase ellipse chances as if one of us gets scanned in, we might be able to pull 3 in together vs. 2. Look for a pink hat.

carof_77 said:
can someone post the best WOWY with shine like stars... I don't think I have that version on my computer

The three best versions, off the top of my head, are:

1. 12-26-89 at the Point Depot, Dublin (amazing version!)
2. Washington D.C. ZooTV (the best ZooTV version on a night when the band was mostly off, musically speaking)
3. R&H DVD version (although I believe it was touched up in the studio)

All are soundboard recordings, which really makes the song sound incredible.

Gen. Chat said:
Good night everybody. Be sure to bring snacks, beer, and hand warmers next time. :wave:

Last thing I need in this climate is hand warmers. Blah. Feel free to have my summer heat if you want it!

u2wedge said:
Hey! They DID put the Buffalo Lennon Campaign on the front page of Interference! Hope to get some signs in the ellipse!

Just saw that! Good going :up:

Ok, really leaving now :wave:

u2wedge said:

Are you going to the show alone? If you want we could meet up, would increase ellipse chances as if one of us gets scanned in, we might be able to pull 3 in together vs. 2. Look for a pink hat.

That would be great, if the people around you would let me squeeze in. I have friends who are driving up from Ithaca and can't come until later in the day, so I'll be on my own. I'll be in a striped wool hat with a long tassel on it (I look silly in it, so I'm easy to spot).

BonoIsMyMuse said:

That would be great, if the people around you would let me squeeze in. I have friends who are driving up from Ithaca and can't come until later in the day, so I'll be on my own. I'll be in a striped wool hat with a long tassel on it (I look silly in it, so I'm easy to spot).

The girl I'm going with will have the pink hat on... I'm pretty normal looking so I'll blend in no matter how I describe myself....

The name's John, btw.

Back
Top Bottom