Green Day to play with U2 on Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blueeyedgirl said:

Like that's gonna happen :tsk: Axver's gonna play AND SING Heartland over and over till security drags him off! (while Bono crawls around like a cat :shifty: )

Considering the quality of my singing, security would probably be running away screaming rather than coming anywhere near me ... :wink:

Peterrrrr said:
Okey, Green Day and U2 are going to release as new singel together, the 4th leg wll start again now in November. That why it could be possible to make them play together for fun on Hawaii? I don't konw why it so funny.
Logistics, n00b

I'm glad I didn't write anything. :lol:

vaz02 said:
not a chance

Axver said:
Hey, I wonder if Paul McCartney, BB King, The Alarm, The Rolling Stones, and N'Sync will perform with U2 in Hawaii!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I'm sure Green Day are rich rock stars and all, but it would be ridiculously expensive to fly over yourself, gear, and crew just to perform one song for a gig that isn't getting any national coverage.

No, it's not going to happen.

ntalwar said:
:yes: - don't forget Elvis and Steve Perry.

Steve missed his flight to Hawaii. Plus Bono was intimidated by his massive vocals and didnt want to be outdone on the final night of the tour! :wink: Rumor is that Steve wanted to do Separate Ways and not Oh Sherry. :shrug:

Peterrrrr said:
Billie Joe plyaed with U2, I had right! Everybody laughed at me about my subject on this thread.

Everybody laughs at you anyways, so I guess this was your time to shine.

I have to admit, I wasn't getting my hopes up, but you were right. I was on the cell with my friend who was there and it sounded like Bono said all of Green Day was there, but maybe he misspoke or I didn't hear him correctly over the crappy connection. I don't think it would only be Billie joining U2 if the whole band was there, but I suppose it's possible and was simply easier to work out than repeating the two band performance.

Anyway, you rock! You totally called it.

Can anyone show me where Green Day played with U2 at this show? It seems to me Billy Joe was the only one there and all he did was sing.

When Bono sang with the Corrs did that count as U2 playing with the Corrs?:huh:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Can anyone show me where Green Day played with U2 at this show? It seems to me Billy Joe was the only one there and all he did was sing.

Oh come on - if he had mentioned Billy Joe in the thread title he would've gotten the same responses.

ntalwar said:

Oh come on - if he had mentioned Billy Joe in the thread title he would've gotten the same responses.

I don't think so, it would have been very feasible to imagine someone getting up and singing with the band, it happens all the time. Look at my first response in this thread and you'll see the reasoning behind my belief, but if he had said just Billy Joe I probably wouldn't had responded to the thread. Because THAT would have been quite reasonable at the time.

It's all about the logistics as Canadiens1160 pointed out. Full band vs a singer.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Everybody laughs at you anyways, so I guess this was your time to shine.
J_NP said:

Gotta agree

I don't know what I have done to you guys, never been rude to you. I have always pictured that U2 fans has always been the best fans, always kind to other fans, accept other thougths...

Back
Top Bottom