got my chicago GAs (believe it or not)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adenoid_hynkel

The Fly
looks like the ticketmaster letter is a great offer and a genuine attempt to make amends-lest anyone is skeptical

I'm still skeptical, because I didn't get "the letter"...nor do I have any tickets (GA or otherwise).

What do old ladies have to do with my not having any tickets?:eyebrow:

Seriously...I know what your talking about. The grammy protest, the t-shirts, the law suits, etc. I'm not one of those types. In fact I spend very little time on this site, or even thinking about U2 (just compare the # of my posts to yours since 2000). I can't helped but be bummed about the situation, however.

Last edited:
I completely understand being bummed out, and have no issues with those who are. But the level of hysteria and bellyaching in this place over the last week has been downright pathetic, especially considering many of the most vocal have ended up with tickets afterall.

Perhaps I wasn't vocal enough? I've mostly been reading and asking questions...trying to figure out what's been going on. So is it the squeaky wheel theory or just my own bad luck? I think it's bad luck, as there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who was given the compensatory GA tix by TM recently. Some got them for valid reasons, but others just got lucky I guess (or they bitched to the right person at the right time). Hey, I'm not greedy. I'd be happy seeing one show. I'm sure I'll find a ticket somewhere...for a lot more money than I want to pay for it of course. I'll be driving back home to WI around the time of the Chicago shows. I'll probably bite the bullet and buy off ebay at some point. I'm sure they'll be some tix released at the box office the day of/day before the shows, but I don't think I want to risk it if I'm only getting to one concert. The way I look at it, the scalper/broker price of a GA is still cheaper than the face value of a lot of the reserved seats, which are much worse tickets IMO.

Last edited:

nah...i live on the east coast anyway. it was just a suggestion had the situation arose in which the band continued to ignore its fans and made no effort to rectify the situation or do somethng about the scalpers.

they're trying and i'm satisfied. i still think U2.com sucks major balls and i'll never resusbscribe. unless they promise a propaganda-esque system next time.

i've had enough shit going wrong in my life this week and the extra headaches weren't exactly enjoyable

Back
Top Bottom