Good arrival time for GA Ticket-Holder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DublinGuy

The Fly
Hey,
I have GA tickets for the NY show on october 11. I was at 13 gigs in Europe this summer (sorry,couldn't hold back giving the unnecessary details there!) but this will be my first US show. I bought my ticket with ETS so I think the earlist I can pick them up is at about 4 p.m. at the pre-gig party. I'm just wondering if people who have had standing tickets for US gigs would recommend that we go straight to the venue? That's what we'll probably do anyway. In Europe we tended to start queueing before midday to get a good view but obviously the venues were much bigger there.
Also, is there a barrier outside of the elipse to make a second pit area or is it just a free-for-all outside the elipse? Basically, I want a good view so any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

Last edited:
DublinGuy said:
Hey,
I have GA tickets for the NY show on october 11. I was at 13 gigs in Europe this summer (sorry,couldn't hold back giving the unnecessary details there!) but this will be my first US show. I bought my ticket with ETS so I think the earlist I can pick them up is at about 4 p.m. at the pre-gig party. I'm just wondering if people who have had standing tickets for US gigs would recommend that we go straight to the venue? That's what we'll probably do anyway. In Europe we tended to start queueing before midday to get a good view but obviously the venues were much bigger there.
Also, is there a barrier outside of the elipse to make a second pit area or is it just a free-for-all outside the elipse? Basically, I want a good view so any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

There is a barrier outside the ellipse, referred to commonly as 'the rail'.

I can't believe ETS is going to hold your tickets until 4pm. They should let you get them early as possible.

We had ETS for Minneapolis and got them at 4:00, but were in line at 12:00. I think it all depends on the town because I was expecting to be like 100 in line, but we were around 50th, and got 2nd row outside the ellipse.

Minneapolis Chizip... I am sending you a hooked on phonics learnng kit ASAP

:kiss:

ETA: You fixed it :mad:

i'd get in line early if you can, then just leave to go pick up your ticket, skip the free food, and get back in the GA before 5:30. If you are under #100 you can get a good spot...

ruffian said:
i'd get in line early if you can, then just leave to go pick up your ticket, skip the free food, and get back in the GA before 5:30. If you are under #100 you can get a good spot...

Anthropologists rule!

I got up at 8:00 am on the day of the show, ate breakfast, hopped a subway and went from downtown Philadelphia to the last stop on the Broad St. Line (my first subway trip ever!).

So I got there somewhere between 8:45 and 9:15. And I was number 92 in line, 1 person back (behind LarryMullen's_POPAngel) from the rail outside the Ellipse directly opposite Adam.

Get there earlier, you get a better spot, simple as that.

ruffian said:

Be under #100, have good running shoes on and run like the wind!

I was wondering about the same thing. I have got the ets package for Boston 1 in December - and also have never done GA ever before. Are you allowed to join the line without a ticket? Because again, we will have to pick up the ticket from ETS somewhere at 4pm. Or.... is the show still good to watch from the back of the GA? I have seen them in Europe dead on stage, Boston side view (check my sig), and now I can't believe that I will make it to GA...

Any hints will be appreciated.

already 30? Cool. I am gonna be there on my own, so that looks like a day getting rid of jet lag and hanging out with fellow interferencers.

Anyone have an opinion on the view with GA if you're not squished right up front. Can you see halfway back on the floor? As well, have the floors all been half packed with these shows like on Elevation?

two shots said:
I was wondering about the same thing. I have got the ets package for Boston 1 in December - and also have never done GA ever before. Are you allowed to join the line without a ticket? Because again, we will have to pick up the ticket from ETS somewhere at 4pm. Or.... is the show still good to watch from the back of the GA? I have seen them in Europe dead on stage, Boston side view (check my sig), and now I can't believe that I will make it to GA...

Any hints will be appreciated.
yes, you can get in line without a ticket at most shows. there were a couple of exceptions but just show them your ETS voucher.

in response to the other question posted, if you are tall you can see from halfway back on the floor; it's pretty packed in for about 2/3 of the way back and then it thins out.

Enjoy the show!

Apparently by 6:30AM there were 70 people and there were only a few that had camped out since 11PM the night before. By 7:30 am the arena people had began to pass out the wristbands.

Also, apparently you didn't need a presale ticket to get in the u2.com line (only a GA ticket & proof of membership), which is same as May.

I'm not sure how they're handling the ETS situation in Boston, it would definately be interesting to see if they're honoring ETS vouchers (since in May there were no GA tickets sold by ETS) this would be the first Boston show where they would have encountered this. I think Bono's Tart was emailing Banknorth to ask them this precise question.

thanks ruffian. I am over 6 feet..... so now I am pondering whether I have to get up early and go for a wristband or stay in bed and don't. Decisions decisions. Well, still a couple of months to think...

OK so forgive my idiocy..

But if you get in line in the early AM to get a wristband, and you get one, can you then LEAVE and return to get back in line, or do you have to sit in line ALL DAY? :(

Hi all - my girlfriend and I were there at 7:45AM today and got #'s 88 and 89 in the fan club line...just an FYI for those of you going tomorrow...

HelloAngel said:
OK so forgive my idiocy..

But if you get in line in the early AM to get a wristband, and you get one, can you then LEAVE and return to get back in line, or do you have to sit in line ALL DAY? :(

That's the beauty of Boston. The wristbands are numbered. When you return at 5PM you get back in line according the number on your wristband, (and security goes through the line to ensure there are no problems).

No waiting all day.

ramblin rose said:
From what I hear there are already at least 30 people on the Boston GA line. :)

Ramblin' Rose...are u still going to Boston in December?

Back
Top Bottom