Go to Portland or Hold out for Mexico?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbradfly1

Acrobat
Can't decide. Anybody seen both the arena show and the stadium show? I'm leaning towards Mexico. I've seen six shows in the US this year and in the ellipse twice. Maybe it's time for the stadium experience? Only thing that bothers me are the pictures that I've seen from Europe, they seem so far away. Plus my last expeience in a stadium for zoo tv was very negative. Skipped Pop because of it. What a terrible decision to have to make. :wink:

I'd say Mexico, as long as you get in line REALLY early for a close spot. I went to six arena shows in the States and one Paris show, and the Paris show was just... a whole different league of intensity.

I prefer arenas personally. As much as I love parts of Mexico, there are parts that are so smoggy that the air would not be healthy for me to be sitting around outside in.

from what i see in the dvd , the outdoor show is much better, I saw it a couple of times in europe in the summer. The stage is better, the songs had more and better use of video, and the energy was crazy.

Plus u will never see an audience in the US that compares to a mexican crowd!!!!

come on down!!! it'll be the best u2 show u'll ever see!

Thanks all. Think I'll hold out for Mexico. 120,000 in Azteca stadium? Should be crazy.

exactly, Azteca statium is giant... and I'll be there :hyper:
welcome to Mexico cbradfly1 :wink:

I would hold out for Mexico or the rumored Honolulu tour finale in April so you can experience the stadium staging of the show. Plus, I think over the next few months, you may feel sad reading about shows without knowing you have a show still left to see.

I went to the opener for Popmart in las Vegas and said to myself I would try to see the final show of that tour as well. many people went to the December 12, 1997 Seattle show since it was the US finale, but I skipped that show, knowing that I would see them in 1998 instead. It tuned out that the final show for Popmart was in Africa, which was a bit cost probibitive for me, so I ended up going to Japan instead to see U2, which was a country I wanted to see more than South Africa and I was also able to see the Rolling Stones there the day after I saw U2, so I was able to see 2 of my favorite bands in the same overseas trip. The show I saw in Osaka was the third to last show on the tour and it made me feel very happy to have covered almost the enitre length of the tour in seeing shows.

For Vertigo, I went to both of the tour openers: the real tour opener in Los Angeles on March 26th and the "official" tour opener in San Diego on march 28th. This time I've decided I will skip Portland, as I am going to go to Brasil in February to see the shows there and also plan to go to Honolulu if it in fact turns out the be the tour finale. If they do play there, then Portland loses some of its significance. It would no longer be the last Vertigo show in the U.S., it would then only be the final U.S. arena show and last show of 2005.

If you've seen them six times indoors already, see them in a stadium!

Halup said:
I would hold out for Mexico or the rumored Honolulu tour finale in April so you can experience the stadium staging of the show. Plus, I think over the next few months, you may feel sad reading about shows without knowing you have a show still left to see.

I went to the opener for Popmart in las Vegas and said to myself I would try to see the final show of that tour as well. many people went to the December 12, 1997 Seattle show since it was the US finale, but I skipped that show, knowing that I would see them in 1998 instead. It tuned out that the final show for Popmart was in Africa, which was a bit cost probibitive for me, so I ended up going to Japan instead to see U2, which was a country I wanted to see more than South Africa and I was also able to see the Rolling Stones there the day after I saw U2, so I was able to see 2 of my favorite bands in the same overseas trip. The show I saw in Osaka was the third to last show on the tour and it made me feel very happy to have covered almost the enitre length of the tour in seeing shows.

For Vertigo, I went to both of the tour openers: the real tour opener in Los Angeles on March 26th and the "official" tour opener in San Diego on march 28th. This time I've decided I will skip Portland, as I am going to go to Brasil in February to see the shows there and also plan to go to Honolulu if it in fact turns out the be the tour finale. If they do play there, then Portland loses some of its significance. It would no longer be the last Vertigo show in the U.S., it would then only be the final U.S. arena show and last show of 2005.

Halup, I love you!!!

:wink:

Brasil or Mexico????

Back
Top Bottom