Getting tickets to a U2 show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonofox

The Fly
Hey everyone-

I'm new and 20 yrs old from the Boston area. Vertigo was the first U2 tour i tried to get tickets to and it didn't work out so I was just wondering how some of you got so lucky with getting GA tickets to multiple shows or just getting any tickets in general.

Did the pre-sale code from U2.com work out for a lot of you, and do you reccommend me signing up there so I might be able to get GA tickets for the next (hopeful) tour? Or should i just save my money and try my best with ticketmaster when they go on sale to the general public...

Thanks for all of your help!!

1. Recruit friends, family, acquaintances, complete strangers to jump on ticketmaster the instant they go on sale. Promise them you will pay them back.

2. Have at least two accounts ready, and two credit cards.

3. Get tickets to any show (GAs are gold), you can trade later.

4. Ask around! The fact that everyone knows I'm a U2 fanatic scored me (free!) tickets to two of the Boston shows.

5. Check eBay last minute. I got two great balcony seats at the last minute for Boston 10/3 for $50 two days before the show! :ohmy:

6. Line up at the box office the day of the show if all other avenues are exhausted.

7. Oh, and check ticketmaster in the days/months leading up to the show obsessively. Ticket drops happen at the weirdest times; sometimes people will post about them on Interference.

8. Craigslist is good too.

Perseverance is the key. :yes: I thought I was completely out of luck when I only managed to get nosebleeds for Boston May 28, but ended up going to seven shows overall. Also, Hartford GAs were TEN TIMES easier to score than Bostons on ticketmaster. We picked up two sets as soon as they went on sale, and probably could've gotten more if we'd tried. I traded one for the last Boston show. So try markets with less demand.

Last edited:
Thats awesome, thank you so much!

Glad to know there is some hope.

Did you have the presale code for the GAs you got for Hartford or did you just wait till they went on sale to the general public?

Hi bonofox

got your email and I will reply later tonight, but just wanted to let you know that what amerrydeath juts outlined is pretty much how this works! :D

Welcome! :)

Its possible U2's next tour in North America will be a stadium tour which should make it a lot easier to get tickets provided you make an effort to get tickets the day they go on sale.

I'm not a member so didn't get any presale, but besides that, I've used every other method. The ONLY tickets I've ever been able to pull up during a TicketMaster general sale (EXACTLY when the general sale started, multiple people trying on multiple computers) were a pair in the LAST row of the UC for Chicago 9/20 and a single for Pittsburgh (but that one was the week of the show). So I basically had zero luck with TicketMaster even though I tried hard a lot of times.

I went to 9 shows total and got tickets as follows:

5/7 - seats, bought just above face through another U2 message board

5/9 - GAs, from broker

9/20 - GAs, from broker

9/21 - GAs from broker

10/22 - GA, got THREE for FACE VALUE through three different Interferencers the day before the show!!

10/24 - GAs, face value from an Interferencer

10/25 - GA from a friend who bought the pair at face value from an Interferencer

12/10 - balcony seats, face value from an Interferencer, bought 2 days before the show

12/14 - GA, face value, bought from box office the day of the show (VERY stressful, I would NOT recommend driving 9 hrs and waiting until late afternoon at the box office....but I did have a backup option through an Interferencer)

So, I've bought from brokers, from friends, from Interferencers, and from the box office (and I actually did buy the 9/20 pair from TM but sold them at face value to get GAs). I've also waited for tickets at an actual TicketMaster outlet and that was unsuccessful (5/7 general sale).

As you can see, if TM screws you like they did me, Interference is an awesome place to russle up tickets!

:up: Excellent information here. Thanks everyone. I know friends who waited at the Box office day of shows leg 1 and leg 3 and were successful getting tickets, even GA. I bought tickets from friends, fellow Interferencers all at face or below....and sold some to the same, and I also bought some on eBay. No problems here. I know people who just mad buy tickets and then trade. I have learned SO MUCH this first tour of mine!

Wow thats awesome. Thanks for the info everybody. Now i just have to wait for the next tour:( here's hoping for 08'!! lol

Just one more question...the brokers that you bought from, were those online or local like in your town etc?

I have 2 tickets for the U2 Concert in Monterrey, Mexico.
I live in Monterrey, can give you a hand also with tips on where to stay, where to party after the concert, where to park during the concert, etc. Any questions:
azelaya@gmail.com
If you're interested, go ahead, e-mail me.

bonofox said:
Just one more question...the brokers that you bought from, were those online or local like in your town etc?

I used Gold Coast Tickets (online). They're from Chicago and their prices for the Chicago shows were often $30 or more less than all the other brokers. I had my hard tickets in hand before people that got them from Ticketmaster! They answered all of my questions and I never had any problems. If you can't do ETS, I'd recommed this broker before any other (especially eBay or Craigslist).

Back
Top Bottom