Getting on the floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strwar718

The Fly
this may be either really dumb or brilliant, maybe someone can guide me. Assume I have a ticket for a seat. At like 1 hr or early b4 the show, i go on the GA line. The ticket people scan tickets (i think). How would they know i dont belong there???

They probably will notice the difference. You will have just as good a chance showing your drivers license and calling it a backstage pass.

You are not the first to think of this my friend.

My thought was (and of course this is all hypothetical) what if I had a seat. I could walk down to the hockey wall and tell the security dude that a friend of mine (someone on the floor) had to give me something (a camera, or anything else really) and that person passed me their ticket stub and the wristband off of their wrist.

Could I not then walk down with these items somewhere else and try to get on the floor?

right.. but if they scan tickets..they dont look. any fake, wrongly dated, etc will not scan. so if i just hand a ticket and it scans, arent i free and clear to walk on the floor???

I don't know if it's the same in other places, but in Seattle you could only enter to the floor from one entrance. From the seated sections, there was security posted, and not letting people onto the floor from there.

I had GAs for the first Seattle show, and I recall them checking my ticket fairly carefully each time I came back down to the floor.

strwar718 said:
right.. but if they scan tickets..they dont look. any fake, wrongly dated, etc will not scan. so if i just hand a ticket and it scans, arent i free and clear to walk on the floor???

I guess so, IF they don't look and IF the ticket scans. I had a legit GA ticket on May 9 that wasn't scanning right and they tried about 4 times, then took a look at it to verify it was a legit GA ticket and I got in. I'm not sure how the bar codes work, but I'm guessing if your ticket is not a GA ticket, it won't scan as a GA ticket.

I would think that only GA tickets say Please proceed to floor or flash Vertigo. I doubt a "seat" ticket would scan properly on their monitor. Plus once your ticket scans for the floor you then get a new wrist band and they punch your actual ticket. I don't see how you'd get to the floor with a non floor ticket without simply jumping the wall, which is what I did on the Popmart tour. I had nosebleed seats in Edmonton but I made it onto the floor during the intro to MOFO and I eneded up about ten rows back from the stage. Taking the rows in the stands into consideration that's about a 100 row dash possibly more. I'm pretty proud of myself.:laugh:

Last edited:
Do you think I can bring a ticket stub for an Aerosmith concert from 1998, and get onto the floor that way?

That should work. I don't see why it wouldn't.

It's EASY.

Back
Top Bottom