getting calls from ticketmaster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i've read that several people have been getting calls or been contacted by ticketmaster and offered tickets?

how and why is ticketmaster calling? i tried emailing ticketmaster. emailed some guy there a couple times, first he said that problems could have occurred because of the way a browser was configured, which is bull, cuz the problem was the seating chart changed for chicago. of course i saw the problem before i bought the tickets but originally the nosebleed seats were supposed to be on the side next to the stage and now they're on the opposite side of the arena in the back.

basically the only thing he told me was that he could cancel the tickets if i wanted to. of course i don't want to do that cuz then i might not get to see any show.

should i try contacting u2.com instead of ticketmaster? or is it too late to do anything?

:shrug: :banghead:

Abel, I really don't know. I called Ticketmaster several times this week because my code didn't work/ I couldn't even pull up tickets for the presale or general sales. They said that I was put on a list and would get a call. Never happened. When I called back, I was told that there was no record of my conversations with Ticketmaster and they didn't know who the employees were that I talked with...AND THEY WERE SUPERVISORS. I've had it with this mess for now. I sent in my complaint to the Better Business Bureau against Fanfire (that was before the refunds were offered) and I currently have forms from my Attorney General that I may file so that Ticketmaster can be investigated.

The fact of the matter still stands that our opportunities to get fair chances at good seats were taken away and for the most part we will remain shut out. I would be thoroughly impressed if there was an overhaul of the presale system as Larry's letter suggests. I haven't decided to get a refund or not yet. I find it interesting that there is a time limit of, I think, two weeks to get the refund. I would like to know how things are going to change before the deadline for the refund, but again, I believe there has been a loophole left there so people can't really know what these changes will be and asking for a refund may be a shot in your own foot. I think changes should be made, and the members should be able to have these changes stated to them before having to decide on the refund or not.

Whatever. This whole thing is bullshit. I'm happy for the people who got what they wanted and hoped for. I feel and understand for those who didn't.

Last edited:
are you the same one who posted the form over at zootopia? i have one of those pdf forms that i downloaded but i haven't filled it out yet.

i don't think i'm going to cancel my u2.com subscription cuz i only paid the $20.

so did you complain or do anything special for them to call you or do they just call you out of the blue?

I am one of the lucky ones to get a call from Ticketmaster.

Originally the call came because I was initially contacted by them via email. A certain person in their company sent out a mass email to quite a few Interference members based on the presale mess. Basically I've read that most of us had problems with pulling tickets and then having the transaction crap out on us in the end.

I replied to that email (it was sent out last Sunday) and it had asked for name, phone number, and presale code. I got the call the next morning and got GAs for the Philly 5/14 show. A friend of mine got the call as late as Wednesday and also got GAs to his Philly show.

It seems to me as if Ticketmaster had a very specific list of who they were contacting.

Mr. BAW said:
5 emails to ticketmaster, led to three email conversations...

4 scalding ticketmaster conversations, led to where I am today....same spot! nowhere man!

So did you ever get your code back? And if not are you going to ask for a refund or just hope they straighten it out?

My husband lost his code during a transaction and I am on the fence.

Back
Top Bottom