General Ticket Sale 3rd leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prisz25

War Child
What do you guys think is the best way to get tickets during the general sale? Ticketmaster online, Ticketmaster by phone, or and a ticket vendor???

I think I am going to try online and by phone.

VertigoGal said:
how do you do it by phone? i can't seem to find the number on their website, and I'm also planning on doing the net-phone combo!

You can find the phone number by clicking "help" in the ticketmaster website then go to buying tickets and then to charge by phone. They will ask you for your state and give you some numbers that you can call.

Yeah, I tried that but am still a bit confused.:huh:

This is the info I got:

"Contact Info for Ticketmaster Georgia

Customer Service
Atlanta 404-249-6400
Augusta 706-828-7700

Ticket Centers
in Publix and Braves Clubhouse
To locate a ticket center nearest you, click here.

Event Information
Atlanta 404-249-6400
Augusta 706-828-7700

Plus:
Arts Line 404-817-8700

Email
To contact us via email click here. Our customer service representatives are available to help you between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. your local time, 7 days a week.

Mailing Address
Ticketmaster
attn. Customer Care
4445 Corporation Lane
Virginia Beach, VA

Still Have Questions?
Answers to many of your questions can be found in the Help section of Ticketmaster.com in FAQs. "

if I live in Atlanta, what number do I want to call? sorry for all the questions, I've just never bought ANYTHING over the internet or phone ever!
:huh:

VertigoGal, you would call the number that is right next to where it says Atlanta.

I am really hoping that my method works out! I am putting some trust into ticketmaster to come through for me.

VertigoGal said:
Yeah, I tried that but am still a bit confused.:huh:

This is the info I got:

"Contact Info for Ticketmaster Georgia

Customer Service
Atlanta 404-249-6400
Augusta 706-828-7700

Ticket Centers
in Publix and Braves Clubhouse
To locate a ticket center nearest you, click here.

Event Information
Atlanta 404-249-6400
Augusta 706-828-7700

Plus:
Arts Line 404-817-8700

Email
To contact us via email click here. Our customer service representatives are available to help you between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. your local time, 7 days a week.

Mailing Address
Ticketmaster
attn. Customer Care
4445 Corporation Lane
Virginia Beach, VA

Still Have Questions?
Answers to many of your questions can be found in the Help section of Ticketmaster.com in FAQs. "

if I live in Atlanta, what number do I want to call? sorry for all the questions, I've just never bought ANYTHING over the internet or phone ever!
:huh:

SHHHHH.. you gotta be smooth... we all need G.A. Tickets first.. then the others.. NEWBIES!!

Yes, VertigoGal, it's the 249-6400 number. I still have this memorized from way back when the first leg of ZooTv tickets went on sale. For some reason, they chose a phone-only policy for tickets and the cheap ass phone I was using didn't have a redial button. I sat there dialing franticly for about half an hour before I finally got through and bought some nose bleed seats.
Ah... memories...

edgeboy said:
Wow, so us guys that aren't members are really screwed.
That sucks!

Not really. The people that are really screwed are us members who used the code for the first leg and got shit seats with it. Now we can't use it to buy tickets for the 3rd leg. That's B.S.

edgeboy said:
Wow, so us guys that aren't members are really screwed.
That sucks!

No, there are also those non-US people who don't get a second leg.
And Aussies and those in South-America, Asia and Africa who don't know whether they can see U2 at all somewhere near.

Marty

Stupid Questions, Round 3:

When you call TM, what do you do? Do you speak to someone, or is there like an automated process? Can you call early, so you can buy right at 10?

And, Stupid Question of the Day: What if I accidentally buy tix both online and over the phone somehow?

You don't have to answer that last one, lol...

brejc said:

Not really. The people that are really screwed are us members who used the code for the first leg and got shit seats with it. Now we can't use it to buy tickets for the 3rd leg. That's B.S.

I'm really screwed through this whole thing. I got pre-sale seats for the first leg then cancelled the order because they changed the seating chart after I bought the tickets (and they were shit seats). Now they won't free up my code at all, so I'm stuck unable to get any other pre-sale tix. Oh well, at least I'm out only $40 instead of $300+ for shit seats.

I'll be trying my luck with the general sale for Houston and Dallas.

VertigoGal said:
Stupid Questions, Round 3:

When you call TM, what do you do? Do you speak to someone, or is there like an automated process? Can you call early, so you can buy right at 10?

And, Stupid Question of the Day: What if I accidentally buy tix both online and over the phone somehow?

You don't have to answer that last one, lol...

You may get either the automated system or a real person - it depends. I actually had better luck with the automated system because usually you would have to hold for 10-15 minutes for a real person. But there's a lot of "button pushing" that goes on with the automated system. If you end up landing tickets but they're crap seats, then you pretty much have to hang up to cancel your order and call back in.

All in all, I found the phone to be more reliable than trying to get tix on the internet.

prisz25- What is your method? I am up here in Boca and not sure if I am going to call in on phone, try internet, or find some obscure ticketmaster outlet.I used my code to get ATL GA's. Atlanta is my second home and I will be able to get Miami easier being down in the area.

BOCAGATOR- i think I'm going to try both. I'm going to have my friend on the internet and I will be on the phone. That way I have it down from two ways. Hopefully that will be enough! I was going to go to a ticket outlet but it isn't sure that i will get tickets that way. Anyone have any suggestions about my method?

wow another u2 fan in boca? amazing...ok prisz i think what u are doing is the smartest decision. i think going to an outlet is harder. i'll just be waiting for the 2nd show to pop up cause i'll be getting the 1st show through the pre-sale.

Why do you think going to the outlet is harder? I was planning on going to the outlet with two other people to increase my odds of getting tix, since they do that stupid lottery system as soon as more than two people show up.

I get nervous with that automated system, like something will get fucked up and it will be a waste and from my experience with 1st leg on the internet the system was busy then sold out within seconds. Another friggin waste of time. I think any way you do it is a shot in the dark.

But any further insight/experience from others is appreciated!!!

right, i just think its harder if there is a whole lot of people. unless u know some of some outlet that is hidden where nobody knows of, its tough. its just the whole lotto thing, but if u can luck out, then it may be worth it.

Yep another U2 fan in Boca indeed.We are a rare breed. If you can find an obscure outlet that is your best bet. I think you can go all the way up to Orlando and still be in the ticket range but not sure.

question: can i go through u2.com for the general sales? it's just that it all went so smoothly this time around.

Or is it strictly ticketmaster.com? :mad:

Back
Top Bottom