GENERAL SALE: The Official "I Got Tickets" Thread! - POST HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no idea how anyone here got GA tickets. I had a helluva time even getting Lower Section seats for my 3 family members and I for the San Jose show. I was at the ticketmaster website by 9:40, and clicking 'refresh' from 9:55 onward. For the first show, as soon as 10:00 am hit, I reloaded, clicked '4 people' and 'lower section' and clicked 'go' and by the time my wait in the 'virtual line' was through I got a message saying 'unable to find any tickets - please try again with less people, different section, etc. etc.' I kept trying over and over and over, but to no avail. Luckily, I got 4 seats for the second show as soon as it opened up, but it's only section 110...I was hoping for section 128...I'm a bit bummed about that, but oh well.

What's weird, is that in 2001, I went and saw the April 20th showing in the San Jose arena, and I first bought tickets online at 10 am on the dot, and was able to find some tickets no problem. But about 2 hours later I decided I wasn't happy with them, so I went to a nearby convenience store with a ticketmaster kiosk, and the lady was able to find me 2 really, really great seats in the 'Golden Circle.' They were awesome seats. But the key point is - TWO HOURS LATER. She was able to find me seats two hours after the sale had started, and seats better than what I got 2 minutes after 10 am! Did U2 just get that much more popular in the last 4 years or something? My family has never seen a U2 concert, and they have no idea how fantastic they are. I really wanted the best possible seats for my family, since this was an experience I was truly looking forward to sharing and cherishing with them. But I'm just happy I got seats, after all of that hulabaloo.

My friend, meanwhile, was trying to get us 2 GA tickets for the Los Angeles show. He was also on this morning at 10 am EXACTLY but he had absolutely no luck. He had no luck with the second LA show or the Anaheim show, and he tried from 10:00 until 10:50, until all 3 shows were sold out. I'm really ticked about this in particular...I've only seen one U2 show, since I've only been a fan since 2000, and it's been my dream for 5 years now to get GA tickets to one U2 show at some point in my life. I really thought this was going to be 'that tour.' But apparently not. Everyone who did get GA tickets - congratulations. And I hate you.

Just kidding. Sort of.

-Miggy D

You gotta somehow find your way to the GA section my friend. Nothing better, and it's something every U2 fan should experience! Somehow on this tour the opportunity will arise!

MiggyD, I would say that after the Elevation Tour, and with the success of the new album that these tickets very HIGHLY sought after. I also think that there were at least a million more people online rather than standing in line at TM outlets to get their tickets.

I got some "nosebleeds" for the Saturday show on Tuesday, and then I got some slightly better nosebleeds for the Sunday show. I wanted GA's, but like you said it was damn near impossible. I'm just happy to be going.

I can't believe it. I just checked my e-mail and there were 2 GA tickets waiting for me!!! I had originally had 2 GA's, but then it said there was an error in processing. I even checked my order history and it said nothing. 40 hours later, 2 tickets!!!! I'm so excited. I hope this happened to some other people. I'm going to the May 14th show in Philly with my sister. I can't wait!!!

I got a GA for MSG! I can't believe it! Thanks to my Financial Markets and Instruments professor for not showing up this morning so I could buy tickets!

U2Girl1978 said:

:hug: Did you at least get something through the pre sale?
I have nosebleed seats for the 24th... I got nothing through the general sale. :sigh:

I did. I got Loge 12 for night 1. But I wanted GA and my husband wanted seats. He was convinced that we'd get GA during the general sale. Now he feels guilty :wink:

I'm on the fence about going to a ticket broker. I'm shopping around for the best price.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if anyone got tickets for MSG, i'd like to know how... i was getting the no tickets available message at 9:01

i did get two tickets for jersey though... 200 section, edge's side of the stage. gonna keep trying and hope they add another MSG show

I got the same thing for the MSG show. I'm hoping they'll add another because at this point I don't have tickets for anything!

I got tickets for MSG at around 9:05. They're in section 330 behind the stage but I'm going!!!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if anyone got tickets for MSG, i'd like to know how... i was getting the no tickets available message at 9:01

i did get two tickets for jersey though... 200 section, edge's side of the stage. gonna keep trying and hope they add another MSG show

I put in for a single ticket at the $54.00 price range and kept trying. I feel like you're 5 times more likely to find a single ticket than 2 or more, but you gotta be willing to go on your own....

Headache, I'm sorry you didn't have any luck with MSG.

I managed to get 1 ticket in section 229. I can't even describe how I did it...I just went to the tickets for MSG page, put in an order for 1 best available ticket at 9:01 and it came up with this one. I'm still in shock that I got anything.

What kind of an internet connection do you have? I'm on Optimum Online.

Well, we got 2 tix for Jersey, second night in Sect. 227. That was from my husband standing in line. I wasn't able to get anything from my PC.

I got 3 in Section 325 for 5/28 Boston III. Damn, these are crappy seats. How did some of you end up getting GAs? Is it all luck? I was way up in Staples Center in Nov 01, and it sucked. The band was so far away.

Also, I got one Club ($95.00 + Tax) for 5/26 Boston II. Willing to sell it to a fellow interferencer for face.

I got one ticket at the garden in NY, I thought I was dreaming after the hell I've been through this weekend with the gen. sale.

My first leg breakdown:
Chicago (05/09) Section 107, Row 4
Philadelphia (05/14) Section 207A, Row 2
New York (05/21) Section 303, Row 6

I just got 2 GAs for NJ May 17th. I don't know how I'm getting so lucky with GAs... must be the computers at school or something...

For MSG 5/21

The whole thing made no sense. . . I can't complain b/c we got 2 100 level seats (but they're behind the stage). . . but I am THRILLED. . .

Here's what happened:

Went to one of the lounges at the hospital I work at and had like 10 computers going - all but one repeatedly failed to find anything, even 1 GA starting the SECOND it went live. . . but my girlfriend was helping and one of the ones she was using somehow came up with 2 tix at like 9:04 - behind the stage, but 100 level for $54.

I am one of the lucky ones. . . can't believe it worked! :)

I have a pair of reserved $49 tickets for Boston II (5/26) that I can't use and want to swap them for reserved seats for NJ I (5/17). So, if you have two $49 tickets for NJ I we can do a straight-up trade, or if you have two $95 tix, we can trade and I'll make up the difference.

My girlfriend (who can only go to that NJ show) has never seen U2 before, so I'm really hoping someone can help. Thanks so much!

jon_lemire@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom