general admission?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrimaDonna

The Fly
Are there any rumors about whether or not there'll be general admission tickets this tour? (sorry if this is a stupid question -- but I was caught off guard when the GA tix for Elevation were cheaper than the seated ones.. I almost didn't buy the GA tix 'cause our local ticketmaster didn't have that info until the last minute.. and I thought the GA tix would cost more)

oops!

Oops...sorry I started this thread before I saw the previous one..."IF the shows are general admission" (sorry I don't have enough posts to paste the URL)

GA

there was a recent interview with one of the band members, (I think it was Adam) I dont remember where I saw it..probably on atu2.com news.. and he said that they plans were to have some sort of "standing room only"situation like the last tour

so I'd say it's in the works.. I'm certainly hoping they do, that was the bomb (pun intended) on the last tour to be in the heart.. will be interested to see what they come up with this time.. it was so successful last time its hard to believe they wouldn't want to find a way to do something similar that focuses on the theme of the tour.

I agree with ya grindstone :yes:

I saw that article too and it was with Adam. I definitely think that they will capitalize on the GA again. It was so sucessful I can't see them not doing it. They will just change the stage design to incorporate this album's theme.

I can't wait!!!:drool:

Yes, Adam did say there would be GA. Personally, I'm not happy about that. I'm one of the "old" U2 fans (emphasis on "old") and at this point I'd really rather be seated and still have the option of being close to the band. I'm willing to pay premium for that. But on the last tour, I had expensive "front row" seats, yet I was no where near the band. :mad:

im an older fan too and loved the GA. admit I'm getting too old to do the wait in line thing.. but damn, that was half the fun. it's worth it man. give it a try next time.

cool that they had the seating chart for the miami show in TM
they'll have to come up with some sort of way to break the crowd up (like the heart last time) b/c there is no way security will allow it to be a full on GA with the entire floor.. that was the problem all along with past US tours, U2 has said numerous times they have always preferred the GA approach on the floor but always had problems with security (they did do this on some of the Unf Fire tour but people were getting crushed)

but as Bono said "rock and roll is a release, you're supposed to be able to get off, airborne. It seems kinda stupid when you're standing on top of your seats."

I know this happens all of the time at some shows but U2 seem to be more aware of people's safety and wanting to make sure it's controlled (we all know about the idiot drunk guy that tries to make his way up to the front or the girl that sweet talks her way up)

I was in the heart 6 times on the last tour and never had any problems with the crowd.. everyone was so respectful.. it was great.

but if you want seats, cool.. means one less person in line trying to get in front of me! LOL
:)

Grindstone said:
[B
U2 seem to be more aware of people's safety and wanting to make sure it's controlled (we all know about the idiot drunk guy that tries to make his way up to the front or the girl that sweet talks her way up)
[/B]

i know what you mean about those sneaky people, Grindstone. it's so unfair. what bothered me about GA last time was when I stayed in line overnight but still ended up in the middle of the heart or at the back edge because the bullies behind me in the line would just shove their way in the stampede past the doors. it was like a mad rush of people and the bravest, fastest people were the ones who got the best spots in the heart. now I believe in the whole survival of the fittest thing but something must be said for civilized, human decency that says people who wait longer should get first pick. I really would've liked there to be more controlled admission, and wished there were big, burly security guys letting people in one at a time to avoid the mad dash for the heart. In Hamilton, ON, I was like 15th in line 'cause I got there at 11pm the night before, and I still ended up 6 "rows" back from the stage. I had GA in Detroit and Cleveland, too, and I got in the same spot even though I only arrived ~5 hours in advance. Maybe it would be nice to have GA divided up into even more sections with more wristbands, so the first in line get the better section... I dunno - I guess I'll just have to start exercising more and doing sprints to prepare for that mad dash to the front!! :huh: so I guess that while u2 are more concerned about safety than other artists, I guess I'm just saying more could be done...

p.s. thanks for the tips, guys, and thanks for the seating chart link, mstephan!

Back
Top Bottom