Gelsenkirchen Setlist Party II !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:

:rockon:

Maybe they'll play some Zooropa/Pop in Manchester.

im going to stop speculating about what they might play, that way i wont be as disappointed if they dont play what i wish for :hmm:

I don'T say that playing Vertigo Twice ruined the show. I don't say that Party Girl is not a nice surprise tonight!

I saw 2 Vertigo Tour (including one with Vertigo Twice) and it's a great show!

I don't hate U2 for that and I'm looking for my 9 next Vertigo tour concerts in autumn!

But, Beeing a Huge U2 don't remove me the right to say that the guys can play whatever they want. It's their Concert, BUT, BUT, BUT, as a fan, I have the right to say that I will enjoy the next concerts even if they play Vertigo twice, but i think that it's not a good move when they have lots of good songs they can play instead of Vertigo.

What is the next move :

40 as an opener?

Crumbs three times??

P.S. I Like U2 and I don't hate the show for Vertigo twice....But I have the right to say that it's kind of boring (for me!)

ericnurgles said:
They don't owe us anything, but of all the songs. I mean, seriously, Vertigo is a marginal U2 song at best. Not in my top 50 probably. And it's not their current single, so there goes that reason. And really, how many new fans do they have? Given the state of music today -- and, more particularly, the types of music that appear to be most popular with the masses -- I'd say U2's core fan base is in the 25-40 range. Play Bad twice, I say.

Bad twice? That'd be like 20 minutes... :huh:

By the way, just so you guys know (for those of you who haven't been there), when the second Vertigo comes on, the crowd always loves it. The energy level goes up a notch.

The band can clearly see the positive reaction they get from the crowd, so they'll probably continue with the second Vertigo.

Leetah said:
guys, we got to stop complaining about the Vertigo's, or they will play it three times next show just to shut everyone up.:madspit:

:lol:, what a spolit bunch we are.
We're not even attending these concerts and yet its world war III when we read that they've played the song twice.

fredstab said:
I don'T say that playing Vertigo Twice ruined the show. I don't say that Party Girl is not a nice surprise tonight!

I saw 2 Vertigo Tour (including one with Vertigo Twice) and it's a great show!

I don't hate U2 for that and I'm looking for my 9 next Vertigo tour concerts in autumn!

But, Beeing a Huge U2 don't remove me the right to say that the guys can play whatever they want. It's their Concert, BUT, BUT, BUT, as a fan, I have the right to say that I will enjoy the next concerts even if they play Vertigo twice, but i think that it's not a good move when they have lots of good songs they can play instead of Vertigo.

What is the next move :

40 as an opener?

Crumbs three times??

P.S. I Like U2 and I don't hate the show for Vertigo twice....But I have the right to say that it's kind of boring (for me!)
or they just enjoy playing it?

Leetah said:
guys, we got to stop complaining about the Vertigo's, or they will play it three times next show just to shut everyone up.:madspit:

:lmao: heaven forbid that would happen....

I would stop being a U2 fan....twice i can handle, but three times...noooooo...:wink:....

Well I guess this party is over...

Now we all get to look forward to the "MOST BORING SETLIST EVER, VERTIGO TWICE?!!?, U2 SUCKS, ect." threads. :D

Later ya'll.

anyway....i liked the party...I'm not bitching...I like U2...I saw Vertigo Twice in Boston...I have Huge Respect For U2 and I think that U2 has a huge respect for Human Rights and Freedom and Liberty of Expression!!!! :)

cleazer said:
By the way, just so you guys know (for those of you who haven't been there), when the second Vertigo comes on, the crowd always loves it. The energy level goes up a notch.

The band can clearly see the positive reaction they get from the crowd, so they'll probably continue with the second Vertigo.

So to solve this problem everyone should just start Booing!...:lmao:..

Niceman said:
Can we get generic PITNOL cheaper?

I hear it's even better than the real thing!!!!;)

here you go
e4961efb.jpg

Thanks for the nice setlist party! Setlist was good! I'm happy for Party Girl and Zoo Station!!! Can wait to see Zoo Station live again!!!! See ya next time (sorry for what you thought was bitching and moaning!) :p

This was great for my first setlist party. I've had alot of fun, I've been on here for hours now so I have to go. Bye:wave: :)

cleazer said:

i don't think that was true at msg. the energy level was not half of what it was the first time they played it.

the energy level goes up because it follows yahweh, which is a very mellow acoustic song.

:sigh:

I have a feeling this whole Vertigo twice thing is going to get out of hand again. All I'll say is that I can sympathise with both sides. On one hand, I'd consider myself lucky just to be able to hear ONE U2 song live. They could play me Vertigo 500 times and I'd be thrilled. On the other hand, there are plenty of other "crowd pumpers" that U2 could use instead.

jphelmet said:

i don't think that was true at msg. the energy level was not half of what it was the first time they played it.

the energy level goes up because it follows yahweh, which is a very mellow acoustic song.

Hate to say it, but the problem at MSG was that a large part of the audience left after the first encore because they had to catch the LIRR because of some problem that night. I thought that absolutely sucked.

At Boston 3, I don't think that the Crowd was so INTO Vertigo X 2....The Crowd was awesome that night but no more no less for Vertigo X2.... I think that they would prefer Bad 0r 40 or With or Without you or even Grace (Full band) LOL . Allright! Gotta go! I so love U2, but please fans can sometimes be a little too in love with U2. I can believe that some people really said here that they would see u2 live and hear 23 times Vertigo and they would be happy......Seriously? Why not PITNOL 5 times and Vertigo 15 times and then bye bye!

LOL

Allrigt, i'm leaving now!!!!! Thanks for the PARRRRTY! and Thanks to U2 for the great setlist!

kellyahern said:

here you go
e4961efb.jpg

Stuck in A Moment?

Still haven't Found What You're Looking for?

Try PITNOL, The Miracle Drug because Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own...

Now available in a generic prescription that's Even Better Than The Real Thing...

Side effects may include Vertigo, NUMBness, Tripping through wires, An Cat Dubh/ Into the Heart, and um...Billy Boola.

Please contact your physician immediately if Slug, Corpse, or the United Colors of Plutonium result...you may be suffering from a rare side project and should discontinue use immediately!!!

Niceman said:

Stuck in A Moment?

Still haven't Found What You're Looking for?

Try PITNOL, The Miracle Drug because Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own...

Now available in a generic prescription that's Even Better Than The Real Thing...

Side effects may include Vertigo, NUMBness, Tripping through wires, An Cat Dubh/ Into the Heart, and um...Billy Boola.

Please contact your physician immediately if Slug, Corpse, or the United Colors of Plutonium result...you may be suffering from a rare side project and should discontinue use immediately!!!

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom