GA tickets released day of show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidding

Babyface
Hi. I went to the Seattle Key Arena Vertigo 4/24 show and waited around since 10am in the lfan line to get a good spot. We did get into the ellipse and were right up front. But we talked to 2 guys right behind us that said they purchased their tickets that very day at the window for under $60, around 4pm. My husband paid over $400 on Ebay for our pair of tickets months before. My question is....do they always release more tickets the day of the show and how early would you have to get in line? We are thinking of trying our luck getting tickets for the last show in Portland Dec. 19th. Its a long drive and awful cold to wait all day and not get tickets!

If you have to drive that far, I would keep checking ticktemaster for a release or try to get them off EBAY. It's not worth the drive if you don't have tickets in hand I would think..

It's going to be nearly impossible to get GAs for Portland, unless you're willing to shell out $1000. Have you checked ETS Tours? They offer tour packages, some of which include GAs. They released additional ticket packages for some cities this week, though nothing is coming up for Portland. Keep checking back with them, though. That's probably going to be your cheapest option. Also, if you go to the arena the day of the show, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find tickets of some sort. Nosebleeds aren't great, but they're better than going home empty-handed. Good luck!

This definitely is a relevant topic, I tried to bring it up a week or so ago. My personal experience is that tickets being released day-of is SUCH a wild card. Sometimes you get lucky, but the unfortunate reality is that most of the time you won't. I was at the Toronto show, and I think I heard of a few examples of people getting lucky. But for the most part, if you want in the show, you have to resort to scalpers.

I was desperately in search of Montreal tickets, trying out admission.com every day (literally). But after a while, and no mention of another ticket block, I caved in and bought from scalpers. So on one end, I'm broke ... but I have the reassurance that I'm getting into the show. Personally, I wouldn't make the drive to Portland unless you had some guarantee that you would get to see the show one way or another.

Either way, good luck.

Mike

There are Vertigo tour junkies who follow the band arround to every show and wait in line at the box office at 4:30 AM, and get their tickets when they get released in the afternoon. Almost always, there are GA's released for every show. If you are 50th in line or closer, there is probably a 50% chance depending on the city, for example, NY and LA are probably not going to release as many due to promoters, where as in Anaheim, I was 40th in line, got 4 GA, and saw another 100 people behind me do the same thing!

Unfortunatley, my best friend waited in line on 11/1 to return the favor, getting there at 5:30 am, and was the first person to NOT get GA tix the day of!!!! He was 13th in line!!! So, the moral of the story is that in cities where there are a lot of celebs and music industry promoters, there will be less GAs available to be released the day of. In portland, if you arrive before sunrise, there is a good chance of getting tickets!!!!!!

But aren't GAs usually released last? If you're getting a ticket at 8pm, is it really worth having a GA? Or is this more an MSG thing (I swear I've read multiple accounts of the few who did get released GAs, that it was late in the evening)?

Don't count on GAs being dropped. Zero GAs dropped in Miami for either show. In fact they didn't start dropping any tix at all on night 2 until like 5pm (one ticket). More dropped later, but no GAs or even any "cheap seats."

Most Arenas will drop something but like people above have stated it IS a wild card. It take patience, planning and a LOT of hoping. I know people who literally camped out in lines who lucked out and who didn't and I know people who happened to walk up and get GAs no problems.....but do keep checking eBay and other ticket sites but especially check ETS. As for any GAs being available in Portland I'd say no way jose.....that show is going to be SOLD OUT jam packed and HOT. I would be surprised if the Rose Garden dropped ANY tickets day of. So, all in all it is up to you what you want to do....if you have the time and patience to endure long lines and the possibility of remaining empty handed?! :wink:

I bought tickets on EBay and I am supposed to pick them up at the will-call window at MSG. I've never done this before. I missed out on the pre-sale (I was out of town and couldn't get internet access...so upset) I tried to email the company I got the tickets from and I didn't get a response. I'm not sure what to bring with me. The MSG website said to bring id, credit card and some tyoe or order number but if I purchased it from EBay does that change anything? I'm just hoping not to get screwed by the Front Row Ticket company I bought the tickets from. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated!

Puiyan said:
I bought tickets on EBay and I am supposed to pick them up at the will-call window at MSG. I've never done this before. I missed out on the pre-sale (I was out of town and couldn't get internet access...so upset) I tried to email the company I got the tickets from and I didn't get a response. I'm not sure what to bring with me. The MSG website said to bring id, credit card and some tyoe or order number but if I purchased it from EBay does that change anything? I'm just hoping not to get screwed by the Front Row Ticket company I bought the tickets from. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated!

Hmmm...I don't know about that. I've done Will Call a few times (once or twice at MSG too) and they're always pretty diligent about asking for your ID and credit card right off the bat. With that being said, I've never not had ID/credit card, so I'm not sure what they'll do/say if you don't. Maybe it won't be an issue. I'm assuming since you said it was "Front Row Ticket Company" that this is a seller that has done this many, many times before. What was their feedback rating? Had they sold many tickets? And did you ask them about the Will Call situation? Good luck! I hope you don't have any problems.

mabel said:
But aren't GAs usually released last? If you're getting a ticket at 8pm, is it really worth having a GA? Or is this more an MSG thing (I swear I've read multiple accounts of the few who did get released GAs, that it was late in the evening)?

yes... most arenas release the tickets in order of price, because, obviously, they would much rather be stuck with a few extra cheap tickets than be stuck with the higher end tickets. GA's are the lowest cost ticket, thus end up getting released with the nosebleeds.

although this does vary from venue to venue.

mabel said:

Hmmm...I don't know about that. I've done Will Call a few times (once or twice at MSG too) and they're always pretty diligent about asking for your ID and credit card right off the bat. With that being said, I've never not had ID/credit card, so I'm not sure what they'll do/say if you don't. Maybe it won't be an issue. I'm assuming since you said it was "Front Row Ticket Company" that this is a seller that has done this many, many times before. What was their feedback rating? Had they sold many tickets? And did you ask them about the Will Call situation? Good luck! I hope you don't have any problems.

there are two types of will call... will call for purchased tickets and will call for left tickets. if you're picking up tickets that you purchased from ticketmaster or the box office, you need to give your credit card. if you're picking up tickets that someone left for you, all you need is your driver's liscense.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

there are two types of will call... will call for purchased tickets and will call for left tickets. if you're picking up tickets that you purchased from ticketmaster or the box office, you need to give your credit card. if you're picking up tickets that someone left for you, all you need is your driver's liscense.

But if this is a pair of tix that the person bought on eBay, wouldn't they likely be under the other person's name still? Can they just call up and say, can you make those under this name now instead? Or perhaps the eBay seller had the tix in hand and is leaving them at the Box Office under the buyer's name? I don't know. I'd definitely look into it before tomorrow though!

For the Houston show I got 2 GAs around 2PM the day of the show. I got them each one at a time on the venue's website - the first GA then another one like 3 minutes later.

It was PURE LUCK. I happened to be on the computer at the time and I happened to check. Weather was nice and sunny and warm that day great for a GA queue so I wasn't expecting any to be released. I would think some of these December shows in the north may have a little more availability.

There was a story going around in the Atlanta line on Saturday that a ton of GAs were released for Friday's show right at showtime. Sounded kinda unbelievable to me, but who knows?

Thanks! Just got out of work and I'm going to see...positive thinking...can't wait to see BONO and the BOYS!!!

What do people think about the chances of GAs being available to pre-dawn liners-up in Boston 12/4? i MUST see the show from GA again!

I have seen U2 5 times and all times were literally the best times that I have ever had in my life.

Considering this, and knowing this, and expecting this, it has made waiting in line for GA tickets THE MOST stressful experiences I have ever had in my life! You're dying to get tickets! You don't know if you'll get tickets! You're dealing with heartless security that don't understand - and could disperse a line that has been waiting there for MANY hours - creating chaos and one big mad rush to the box office when they let everyone in!

I have done this twice, and by the time the show starts you feel ill from the stress - and ecstatic to even be there, IF you got lucky!

ONCE I got GA tickets - at the Meadlowlands during the Elevation tour -

and once I was forced to buy more expensive, less desirable tickets because there were no GA's available at the moment!

I am thinking about repeating this process with my brother, either at the Hartford show, one of the remaining Boston shows, or the Buffalo show - he loves U2 but is far less adventurous than I am - so as deflating as it would be for me to not succeed in getting GA's - you can double that for him - and I doubt he'd ever gamble that way again - waiting on line for 12+ hours AND taking a day off work to do that! But I love my brother and we are both CRAZY :drool: :huh: about U2, so if we lucked out it would be a night we'd never forget - even if we lived until we're 1000 years old!

Last edited:
Hello!

Did I kill this thread somehow?!

I hate when I am the last person to write something and then I eagerly await replies and then the thread dies!

Back
Top Bottom