GA questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faithingrace

War Child
Okay so I am going to an Oakland concert in November and have a few questions about the GA since my other concerts were in the spring and I had seats. Also, I am taking BART so I won't have a car to ditch anything in. Here goes: If it is cold and/or raining what do you do with your coats and umbrellas? Is it hot down on the floor (heatwise)? Do your feet get stepped on a lot?
I am trying to figure out how to dress. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

faithingrace said:
Okay so I am going to an Oakland concert in November and have a few questions about the GA since my other concerts were in the spring and I had seats. Also, I am taking BART so I won't have a car to ditch anything in. Here goes: If it is cold and/or raining what do you do with your coats and umbrellas? Is it hot down on the floor (heatwise)? Do your feet get stepped on a lot?
I am trying to figure out how to dress. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

buy an umbrella that you don't mind throwing away or bring a disposable poncho or something. Coats are a different story... bring one that you can tie around your waist.

Hot? That's all up to you and how much you get into the show. It can either be a 2 hour aerobic workout or you can just stand for two hours toward the back. Depends on your mood.

Pittsburgh and Detroit were freezing and shitty weather. What I do is make a trip to the local dollar store and buy a hat, gloves, rain poncho, and umbrella. So I have all that for only $4 and then as I'm going in, I just trash it all. I try to wear my warm coat until the last minute I can put it in the car, then I leave on one warm layer I can tie around my waist or throw over the rail. If you know you're going to get a rail spot (in the first 75 people), you can wear a warm coat and put it over the rail or set it on the other side of the rail.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Pittsburgh and Detroit were freezing and shitty weather. What I do is make a trip to the local dollar store and buy a hat, gloves, rain poncho, and umbrella. So I have all that for only $4 and then as I'm going in, I just trash it all. I try to wear my warm coat until the last minute I can put it in the car, then I leave on one warm layer I can tie around my waist or throw over the rail. If you know you're going to get a rail spot (in the first 75 people), you can wear a warm coat and put it over the rail or set it on the other side of the rail.

Thanks, I'm hoping for dry weather, but I know it will be cold. Dollar Tree is good advice.

Back
Top Bottom